Hello Everyone,
    I currently as of now have a Pantech Burst which is a 4G LTE device. I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 on it's way. I was wondering would my current SIM card work for the device or would i have to get another SIM card?
    07-28-12 10:24 AM
    different sims, wont work
    07-28-12 10:42 AM
    Go to the AT&T store & get a sim card.
    07-28-12 11:22 AM
    the sim should work, why wouldnt it??

the sims have access to GPRS/EDGE/HSPA in case the LTE isnt available. its backwards compatible with all the other radios in the phone. call at&t to be sure but i cant see why reason why it wouldnt.

if its a micro sim, just grab a micro to normal adapter on amazon for a few bucks.
    07-28-12 07:55 PM
    If it fits the sim slot and the the frequency bands used by this carrier are supported by your Blackberry it will work fine.
    07-28-12 10:18 PM
    i had a weird problem last year when i bought my first bb,

i was on nokia and never had any problem, i bought a used bb and inserted my sim in it and it didnt worked, i went to rogers and asked what is the problem? she just changed my sim card and said your sim card was of old technology whihc wa snot compatible with new devices weird eh, anyways your sim card should work without any problem go for it.
    07-28-12 10:28 PM
    this is the thing that leads to the downfall of blackberry,other smart phones you can switch carriers with little to no adj to the phone.
    07-29-12 04:32 PM
    this is the thing that leads to the downfall of blackberry,other smart phones you can switch carriers with little to no adj to the phone.
    this is not a downfall, this is evolution
    07-29-12 04:46 PM
    this is not a downfall, this is evolution
    Sure go ahead and pay up to a $100 for smartphone bigname carrier,i pay $45 for same thing.not an evolution for customer but for big carriers.like i said before bb are good smart phone on par with the rest.just costly.
    07-29-12 04:56 PM
    what the f*ck is you talking about??????
    07-29-12 05:10 PM
    Sure go ahead and pay up to a $100 for smartphone bigname carrier,i pay $45 for same thing.not an evolution for customer but for big carriers.like i said before bb are good smart phone on par with the rest.just costly.
    9810 at at&t is $40 the entire curve series is buck*ss cheap so i don't get what your saying there. maybe your bill is cheap because it doesn't require a data plan like the rest of the smartphones out here.
    07-29-12 05:13 PM
    what the f*ck is you talking about??????
    Ok here it goes i have straight talk as my carrier.i purchase an at&t iphone 3gs.put my sim card in the phone from my straittalk carrier.i can talk and text on the iphone.to get data i either change carrier setting in the phone manually or download a zip file to do it.same thing for at&t android phones.well that is basiclly how it works here in the states.btw straight talk is cheaper then at&t by almost half.
    07-29-12 05:24 PM
    Ok here it goes i have straight talk as my carrier.i purchase an at&t iphone 3gs.put my sim card in the phone from my straittalk carrier.i can talk and text on the iphone.to get data i either change carrier setting in the phone manually or download a zip file to do it.same thing for at&t android phones.well that is basiclly how it works here in the states.btw straight talk is cheaper then at&t by almost half.
    learn to put a space after your periods, not only is it proper grammar, but it makes for easier reading.

and on a side note, ive been buying unlocked phones forever. i rarely get a carrier phone. i also dont know what the point of your posts are, since they arent any way related to the thread.
    07-29-12 05:33 PM

So you do know Straight Talk, a Tracfone-owned cellular provider that resells service on both AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. right?

Its a �BYOP� or Bring Your Own Phone prepaid service.Unlimited isn�t quite unlimited, except for voice and messages Apple�s Visual Voicemail isn�t supported by Straight Talk. You have to buy a compatible sim card There�s no LTE support, even if your phone is capable of using AT&T�s LTE service Straight Talk won�t cut you off provided you keep your monthly usage to 2 GB or about 100 MB per day. Hit either of these and you might get a message about excessive use, along with the threat of service termination. And also a blackberry doesn't have to be unlocked either just like any iphone or android phone so whats the advantage of this unless your speaking about bill wise RIM has data plans to fit any and everyone.
    07-29-12 05:41 PM
    learn to put a space after your periods, not only is it proper grammar, but it makes for easier reading.

and on a side note, ive been buying unlocked phones forever. i rarely get a carrier phone. i also dont know what the point of your posts are, since they arent any way related to the thread.
    I think he/she is talking about the monthly billing BB users get compared to what he/she gets on straight talk. I guess thats what he/she is trying to say. "I GUESS"
    07-29-12 05:45 PM
    yes jan you are right.i don't live on my phone.if my bb data would work with straight talk that would be fabulous.
    text and talk does work with my st sim.
    everyone should be informed that bbs don't work with all carriers even if unlocked.even so with some carriers you have to buy a bb data plan.
    07-29-12 06:02 PM
    yes jan you are right.i don't live on my phone.if my bb data would work with straight talk that would be fabulous.
    text and talk does work with my st sim.
    everyone should be informed that bbs don't work with all carriers even if unlocked.even so with some carriers you have to buy a bb data plan.
    I disagree i have a 9900 from t-mobile unlocked on DoCoMo network "In Japan" and i also have a 9900 i purchased from DoCoMo. Not sure if your tech savy but you should do some research before posting here.
    07-29-12 06:05 PM
    I disagree i have a 9900 from t-mobile unlocked on DoCoMo network "In Japan" and i also have a 9900 i purchased from DoCoMo. Not sure if your tech savy but you should do some research before posting here.
    that maybe true "In Japan" but not here in the states.done the research.if so someone would have posted it and pinned it to the top of the boards.I might not be the most tech savy but willing to learn a new trick.I really like the bb torch i traded for.I believe it has the best of both a touch screen and keyboard.
    07-29-12 06:23 PM
    Just so everyone knows I called AT&T about it and spoke to three Reps. The first one said it should work but I doubted that so I called back to get a second opinion and the second one said that I need to get a new SIM and my options was to spend $5 online to get one or go to a Corporate store. I would easily spend $5 in gas getting to the corporate store nearest to me so I tried the online option. I had problems setting that up because the site tried to get me to upgrade or add a new line so I called back and asked what I should do and she set me up with a new sim card free of charge with "Standard Overnight Shipping" if it wasn't a weekend, I would already have it but I will still get the SIM before I get the phone so that's good. According to estimates, I should be back to Blackberry by this Friday. I can now downgrade to AT&T's 3GB plan vs the 5GB I am currently on. My only issue with this is that now I am without tethering. I may just pay for Tether.
    07-29-12 09:09 PM
    Just so everyone knows I called AT&T about it and spoke to three Reps. The first one said it should work but I doubted that so I called back to get a second opinion and the second one said that I need to get a new SIM and my options was to spend $5 online to get one or go to a Corporate store. I would easily spend $5 in gas getting to the corporate store nearest to me so I tried the online option. I had problems setting that up because the site tried to get me to upgrade or add a new line so I called back and asked what I should do and she set me up with a new sim card free of charge with "Standard Overnight Shipping" if it wasn't a weekend, I would already have it but I will still get the SIM before I get the phone so that's good. According to estimates, I should be back to Blackberry by this Friday. I can now downgrade to AT&T's 3GB plan vs the 5GB I am currently on. My only issue with this is that now I am without tethering. I may just pay for Tether.
    glad to hear that,good luck with you new phone
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    07-29-12 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD