I think BlackBerry should go for bigger screen sizes as well and start taking share in a very fast growing market. Apple has done a blunder by not doing it and has been completely crushed in market share.
    People who have gone to bigger screen are not going to downsize.. BlackBerry should go for it..Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:39 PM
    If they go for a bigger screen they need to go the whole way and make it a phablet or else its pointless.

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    05-03-13 10:44 PM
    I think it would be the wrong move. It's so easy to output to a larger screen if you need one, and it's silly to sacrifice the convenience of breast pocket or holster carriage, let alone convenient one-handed operation just to gain an extra inch of screen space.

BlackBerry didn't get back in the game by following the crowd -- remember when they were discussing Android OS on BlackBerry hardware? That would have been a disaster. Instead, they boldly moved forward with BB10 and QNX. They didn't get back in the game with "Me too" thinking, and they're not going to win by following. Take the lead and execute the vision of mobile computing; that's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    mrzeolite likes this.
    05-03-13 10:51 PM
    Keep current 4.3 and add bigger models as well...those who prefer 4.3 can keep that size and others could go for bigger ones... i know of so many people who will not look at Z10 because they will have to downgrade on size...why not have more options?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:58 PM
    I think BlackBerry should go for bigger screen sizes as well and start taking share in a very fast growing market. Apple has done a blunder by not doing it and has been completely crushed in market share.
    People who have gone to bigger screen are not going to downsize.. BlackBerry should go for it..Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Apple crushed in market share? How many devices did they sale this quarter? What about the previous 5 or 6 quarters? I love the size of the Z10, however I wouldn't be mad at blackberry if they released a bigger device.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    05-03-13 10:59 PM
    Bigger battery is better BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:03 PM
    I don't mind to have a thicker Z for a bigger battery.

Post via CB Z10
    05-04-13 12:39 AM
    I'm one of those ppl who refuse to go from 4.8" to 4.2", just can't do it. Somehow a smaller screen seems like a downgrade. I also feel this way about the HTC One's 4.7" screen, even though it's a much better screen than what's on my SGS3.

They also should push for a full HD screen. I know folks are saying BlackBerry should not follow trends and be a trendsetter, but they've already followed last year trends with a full 720p screen and last year specs.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-13 02:06 AM
    It's all about screen size these days. Even my MIL who does not follow the industry is enticed by a larger screen. She has an iPhone 3 or 4 and wants a larger screen size for her next smartphone.

I wouldn't want to downsize either. Once you've gotten used to looking at a bigger screen, a smaller screen will look very small. That's why I cannot decide for the life of me if I should buy the Z10 or Q10. I was actually disappointed that the Z10 was only 4.2" in a world of 4.5" and 4.7" screens. Thank Samsung for that one. I had hoped that the Z10 would be 4.5". And I'm continued to be disappointed that the Q10 wasn't at least the same size as the Z10 to get as large a screen as possible.

I heard they're coming out with a larger touch screen for Christmas. I don't know if I can hold out that long though. The battery of my phone is dying.

It's soooo all about screen size these days.
    05-04-13 02:19 AM
    I already find the Z10 to be a bit too big. 4" would be pretty good. Anything bigger is like carrying a boombox on your shoulder when an iPod would suffice.
    05-04-13 02:38 AM
    Don't think they would as they already said they'll be using two screen sizes to ease the development of apps for developers. If I remember correctly they said the Z10 would have a slightly bigger screen and all the following would have one of the 2 fixed screen sizes

Here's the link. Designing for different screen sizes - BlackBerry Developer
    05-04-13 02:53 AM
    I'm happy with 4.2. Aristo will be 5" if you want a big phone.
    05-04-13 07:34 AM
    Sony has a phone xperia zl it roughly the same size of the z10 but it has a 5 inch screen . BBry needs some more imagination in their design

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billy88n; 05-04-13 at 02:11 PM.
    05-04-13 08:38 AM
    One size does not fit all....i think there is huge market for larger screen sizes...i love my Z10 but got to be honest vedio and Facebook looks awesome on my wife's Google Nexus..

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:52 AM