I am on my 3rd tour. First one get dropping calls badly, second one had the padding on the screen popping out before I even touched it.

I think the tour would be good for europe for a couple months but now the gps stopped working in my day old tour. I am treating all these phones with great care and have no idea why the quality just hasn't been there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the gps working again. I tried a battery pull already but that didn't work.

Thanks for the help. Ps: any suggestions on if I should keep tour or not that would be grerat. Another option is iphone but they don't offer unlimited data in europe, but it is an insanely good phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:37 PM
    Yep, I just pulled up Google Maps and it only got me within 30 meters so my GPS must be broken also. I'm returning it and I'm going to make them open up box after box after box until I find the perfect phone. And then, if so much as an extra smidge of light escapes from the trackball surround, I'm returning it again.......and again...........and again.........
    07-29-09 10:48 PM
    I'm thinking maybe the assisted gps servers went down? can anyone else try their gps (I'm in southern california for the next couple of days)
    07-29-09 10:58 PM
    A GPS problem is by NO MEANS an immediate "device" issue. Give it a day, if it doesn't work call tech and let them figure out what's wrong.
    07-29-09 10:59 PM
    Nope, everyone should just return them first thing tomorrow morning.
    07-29-09 10:59 PM
    Nope, everyone should just return them first thing tomorrow morning.
    Wow you're a ****. Way to do the right thing.
    07-29-09 11:02 PM
    Wow you're a ****. Way to do the right thing.
    "and when I speak it's tongue in cheek"-Eminem

...at least I hope so.
    07-29-09 11:04 PM
    Oh, I agree. Everyone should return them immediately. Except me. My GPS in Southern California works fine. Gets me to within 3 to 30 meters every time.
    07-29-09 11:05 PM
    Well the reason I got the phone was for GPS in europe for a couple months but if it is not reliable I am not sure it is worth the contract extension.

On a side note: when the gps is working, it works everywhere indoors I've been so far (no 2 story buildings) which is pretty cool considering I thought it wouldn't work well inside (like the iphone 3g, haven't tried the 3gs)
    07-29-09 11:06 PM
    I am surprised at all of this. My Tour has been spot on with the GPS. The only "minor" issue that I have had is a little movement in the device's battery door.
    07-29-09 11:14 PM
    Well the reason I got the phone was for GPS in europe for a couple months but if it is not reliable I am not sure it is worth the contract extension.

On a side note: when the gps is working, it works everywhere indoors I've been so far (no 2 story buildings) which is pretty cool considering I thought it wouldn't work well inside (like the iphone 3g, haven't tried the 3gs)
    P.S. Iphone is a great device... ATT... they suck... really bad.
    07-29-09 11:14 PM
    P.S. Iphone is a great device... ATT... they suck... really bad.
    Tell me about it... I already got it for 30 days and returned it due to service but the phone is just so good. As I am young, typing is easy on it, although the blackberry is slightly better (duh?), especially with the autotext settings. But considering the tour isn't holding much reception maybe I should just get a 20 mb package for 20 bucks on att while in europe or somethign... Although tethering is nice with unlimited internet
    07-29-09 11:21 PM
    Tell me about it... I already got it for 30 days and returned it due to service but the phone is just so good. As I am young, typing is easy on it, although the blackberry is slightly better (duh?), especially with the autotext settings. But considering the tour isn't holding much reception maybe I should just get a 20 mb package for 20 bucks on att while in europe or somethign... Although tethering is nice with unlimited internet
    Wow & lol, you sound like me. I have had both the first and second generations of the iPhone and returned them both because of reception issues. I absolutely love the phone though.
    07-29-09 11:23 PM
    I'm inside at work and google maps had me within 3 meters in 30 seconds. Bb maps says connected to 7 sattelites

07-29-09 11:27 PM
    Give it a day or so. I wouldn't flip out and return the BB because the GPS is not pin-pointing your exact location now.
    07-29-09 11:30 PM
    1. GPS does not work on Google Maps. It works on BB Maps, but apparently it's an issue with Google itself. Those saying they are "within 30meters", you are NOT on the GPS, but rather using the "guesstimate" method of triangulating between different towers to approximate your location.

2. I've had over 10+ dropped called in the last 72 hours. The radio seems to have a hard time distinguishing between 1X and EV...and the signal strength is inconsistent. The radio would sometimes just completely die on me and display "SOS". I've tried provisioning it a dozen times, no dice. New .40 firmware was also installed (Sprint), and it actually made it worse.

3. My Q, W, E, and SND buttons are stuck...and I have to press down very hard to make it work.

I've already addressed these issues with Sprint, and they said they my "batch" of phones had some QC issues. I'll see how the new one works out...:::sigh:::
    07-29-09 11:41 PM
    A) gps doesn't work in any of my applications...

B) To the guy that installed the new firmware: there is no firmware you just reinstalled what you already had

07-30-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD