Why wouldn't they? If it wasn't for other companies your craptastic Bold wouldn't exist.
    This doesn't really make sense and its rude. I'm guessing you knew that but figured it was worth pointing out.
    12-07-12 04:27 PM
    This doesn't really make sense and its rude. I'm guessing you knew that but figured it was worth pointing out.
    And your childish jibe about 'desperate broken clocks' isn't impolite as well?
    12-08-12 02:07 AM
    I don't get it, are people really rooting for Nokia on Crackberry? That what it seems like.
    I was under the impression that this was a discussion on RIM's chances at 3rd position. I'd say a general discussion about one of their main competitors is apt.

And yes, I actually have nothing but positive wishes towards Nokia right now. I think the innovation they bring to the field is good for me as a consumer.Nothing wrong with that.
    12-08-12 02:10 AM
    I was under the impression that this was a discussion on RIM's chances at 3rd position. I'd say a general discussion about one of their main competitors is apt.

And yes, I actually have nothing but positive wishes towards Nokia right now. I think the innovation they bring to the field is good for me as a consumer.Nothing wrong with that.

If you're at the point where you hope for Nokia success over RIM maybe it's time to take it to the appropriate forum instead of filling this one with negativity.

Post your positivity towards Nokia And WP8 in the right forum as here it's perceived as negativity. Over and over again and it's getting annoying, i mean at what point does it become trolling?
    12-08-12 05:07 AM
    RIM may not have China, but they have the next best thing. Strong popularity in India.

Plus, the answer to China is simple. Launch BB 10 successfully elsewhere to prove the platform is viable. Then partner with Lenovo for China. Then it's Nokia who? Lenovo is the number one smart phone brand in China and the synergies with BlackBerry are terrific. Wouldn't hurt RIM elsewhere as Lenovo phones are pretty much limited to their home market and would be a huge source of licensing revenue and a way into the worlds largest market.
    12-08-12 07:14 AM
    RIM may not have China, but they have the next best thing. Strong popularity in India.
    Estimated smartphone sales in China for 2013 = 230-240 million units.
    Estimated smartphone sales in India for 2013 = 25 million units

Next best thing is US, with expected sales of about 170-180 million units.

Comparing the China market to the India market is worse than comparing the US market with the Canadian market. It's a whole different level. Just because the population size of China and India are similar that doesn't mean the markets are likewise similar.

Plus, the answer to China is simple. Launch BB 10 successfully elsewhere to prove the platform is viable. Then partner with Lenovo for China. Then it's Nokia who? Lenovo is the number one smart phone brand in China and the synergies with BlackBerry are terrific. Wouldn't hurt RIM elsewhere as Lenovo phones are pretty much limited to their home market and would be a huge source of licensing revenue and a way into the worlds largest market.
    Lenovo is not the number one smartphone brand in China. Not even close. Number 1 is Samsung. Lenovo isn't even the top Chinese brand in China, they're like 4th, behind companies like Huawei, ZTE, and Coolpad.
    12-08-12 07:32 AM
    If you're at the point where you hope for Nokia success over RIM maybe it's time to take it to the appropriate forum instead of filling this one with negativity.

Post your positivity towards Nokia And WP8 in the right forum as here it's perceived as negativity. Over and over again and it's getting annoying, i mean at what point does it become trolling?
    Where did i say my positive wishes for Nokia has to come at RIM's expense? Your paranoia is becoming rather amusing.
    Anyone who perceives this as 'negativity' should have his head examined. As far as RIM is concerned, I've done my bit in buying their products, flawed as they are...and still have a part to play in buying BB10 devices.

Outside of Crackberry, i do my bit to evangelize for RIM and BB10...I have tens of folks who trust my judgement waiting on BB10 just because of my word. There's a reason why I have several BB10 teaser videos on my Galaxy Note II which I show to people. There's more to supporting RIM than being a bitter fanboy who can only believe that success of their preferred brand must come at the expense of abysmal failure of competing brands. Why can some of you not get your heads around the possibility of BB10 selling well because it's a well designed, intuitive and fast OS and not because 'Android is a malware infested, insecure OS', 'WP8 is an incomplete, confusing fisherprice OS' and 'iOS UI is stale and buttons are so 20th century'?
    notfanboy and jakie55 like this.
    12-09-12 12:34 PM
    In RIM's heyday they had a chance to enter China but the carriers in China were as arrogant as RIM so no deal can be made. Apple met the same problem in the past 5 years but now they are getting close to make a deal with China Mobile by putting down their chins a little bit when dealing with China Mobile, which will allow them taping into China Mobile's 800M user base, where Samsung was making a killing in there.

RIM need to realize that, China Mobile don't really need anyone to succeed, they own >60% of mobile market in China. RIM however, needs the second largest mobile market in the world to survive.
    12-09-12 02:05 PM
    In RIM's heyday they had a chance to enter China but the carriers in China were as arrogant as RIM so no deal can be made. Apple met the same problem in the past 5 years but now they are getting close to make a deal with China Mobile by putting down their chins a little bit when dealing with China Mobile, which will allow them taping into China Mobile's 800M user base, where Samsung was making a killing in there.

RIM need to realize that, China Mobile don't really need anyone to succeed, they own >60% of mobile market in China. RIM however, needs the second largest mobile market in the world to survive.
    They already have Blackberries in China, on all three networks. I know they've been on China Mobile for at least 5 years, because my Blackberry worked there just fine back then. It just doesn't sell very much. China is the largest mobile market in the world, by far, with over 1 billion subscribers. China is also the largest smartphone market in the world as of 2012, with estimated sales of about 170-180 million units.
    12-09-12 02:13 PM
    They already have Blackberries in China, on all three networks. I know they've been on China Mobile for at least 5 years, because my Blackberry worked there just fine back then. It just doesn't sell very much. China is the largest mobile market in the world, by far, with over 1 billion subscribers. China is also the largest smartphone market in the world as of 2012, with estimated sales of about 170-180 million units.
    Yeah they have been in there for years but the service is still horrible. I have been in one of the large cities last year trying to find a carrier store to setup a BIS package for me, out of the 10M people there nobody can help me. If you can't even set it up, how can you sell it? No surprises the city was splitted with droids and iphones.

With RIM 's decision to bundle BB10 with their NOC server backend, I see no light of this changing in China.
    12-10-12 03:58 PM
60 123