1) How do I check to see how much memory I have free?

2) under OPTIONS > SECURITY > MEMORY CLEANING..... mine is disabled . Should it be?

3) Is it possible to save apps to a memory card.... and how much memory space does Opera Mini use?

thanks in advance
    11-18-08 07:34 PM
    1. Options>Status>File Free
    2. You can enable it if you want. Its not a necessary. It doesn't clean that much.
    3. No you can't save apps to your memory card,and I don't know how much memory opera mini uses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:36 PM
    1. Either options>status or hold Alt and hit E A C E

2. If you want it to clear memory at a certain point. I never use it.

3. Yes, Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

And Opera is 188936 Bytes
    Last edited by pltaylor; 11-18-08 at 07:47 PM.
    11-18-08 07:38 PM
    It sound like you're concerned about memory. This is what you need. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    11-18-08 07:43 PM
    thanks muchly for the help.... and especially for the heads up on the ARIZE CARD LOADER . That's something I'll definitely be picking up
    11-18-08 07:59 PM
    One thing to note about Aerize: it lets you INSTALL and UNINSTALL applications. So any settings or memory you save in that application disappear when you uninstall it. It's good for keeping occasional apps that you don't use too often but you probably don't want to keep Opera, Google Maps, Viigo, etc. on the card.
    11-18-08 11:27 PM
    thanks muchly for the help.... and especially for the heads up on the ARIZE CARD LOADER . That's something I'll definitely be picking up
    2 more things to keep in mind about this app:

1) While you can load and unload the installation files from the card, the app
    itself still installs and runs from device memory. They do not install to or run
    from the memory card.

2) Aerize Card Loader itself installs to device memory, and like all things that
    are on your phone it uses memory. You actually end up with a net memory loss.

It sounds good but really does not live up to it's advertisement.
    11-18-08 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the warning Amazing .

Haven't bought the software yet and now I'll be digging a little deeper into how useful it really is.

11-19-08 12:09 AM
    A quicker way.to check memory is to hold alt and left shift and press H

11-19-08 12:25 AM
    A quicker way.to check memory is to hold alt and left shift and press H

the user is using a Pearl though so i believe their combo is different (possibly the one mentioned by pltaylor)
    11-19-08 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD