What outrageous claim I made ??

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    Are you or are you not claiming new "goodies" for BB10?
    05-29-16 08:34 PM
    Closed, reviewing.

Reopened.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 05-29-16 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Reopened thread
    05-29-16 10:06 PM
    Thread reopened. All I'm doing this time is leaving an in-thread warning: the off-topic comments, personal attacks, and other things that detail threads will cease immediately and utterly. If I have to revisit this thread I'm bringing my mod hammer with me.

Thank you for your time, please continue the discussion in a civil manner in accordance with our Rules & Guidelines policy.
    05-29-16 10:44 PM
    Absolutely agree that dual boot of Android & BB10 best solution.
    Then BB can retain loyal customers as well as add new ones who want Android.
    That way during work day, BB10 mode could be used for superior efficiency, organization, and battery life; then at night ,weekends & holidays play up to 2 million apps(including latest fart app) for entertainment, etc
    Everything is a Fart app to BB10 lovers

Tools not Toys! Such nonsense
    05-30-16 03:05 AM
    Citation please

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    There is so much said by Chen and BlackBerry on the future non-development of BB10, that I am surprised you missed it.

This is a good place to start.

An update for BlackBerry� 10 Developers | BlackBerry Developer Blog

Goodies require new tools, SDKs and APIs. It also requires good core functions and the fact that BlackBerry says

Cascades � We currently support Qt 4.8 on BlackBerry 10. There are no plans to move to Qt 5.x.
    Is a good indication that nothing new will be appearing since this makes up the core of the GUI for the OS. Qt4.8 is EOL and not being fixed anymore. When your OS runs on a platform that is EOL and not being updated, new features and functionality is EOL too.

As for jobs, they have released statements about laying off the BB10 teams and if you check the job postings at BlackBerry,

Search Opportunities - Canada

You will never see a posting for a job developing for BB10, Qt, Cascades. So they fired them and not replacing them.
    05-30-16 07:27 AM
    This thread seems to have run its course. This looks like a good place to put it to bed.
    05-30-16 08:45 AM
106 ... 345