Hi all. I'm totally new to smart phones but have recently inherited my girlfriend's old Blackberry Curve 8520 which she doesn't want any more.

So far so good, but I'm confused about syncing my Gmail account with my Blackberry.

At the moment I have successfully added my email and password in my phone and downloaded the Gmail client/software without issues.

When reading an email on my Blackberry it is marked as read when I log into Gmail at a computer at work etc. But when reading and deleting an email at a computer it is not synchronizing with my Blackberry and is not marked as read etc. Therefore I am seeing a flashing light and "new message" notification on my phone even though I have already read/deleted the email.

Is this the normal thing on a Blackberry? I hear there used to be issues with 2 way syncing with Gmail and Blackberry but thought it was fixed?

I have enabled IMAP in my Gmail account and disabled POP3 and made sure my Blackberry is set to Wireless Reconcile: On, as suggested in the forums -but still no luck.

Am I doing any thing wrong or is this a known problem/issue with Blackberry/Gmail/O2 UK?

Many thanks!
    04-19-12 04:43 PM
    It is still an issue for me as well.
    04-19-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I hear that Blackberry has some problems 2 syncing with Gmail. I just wanted to make sure I had everything set up okay and wasn't missing anything in the set up. Thanks.
    04-19-12 05:07 PM
    It should work - it can just take a few hours to sync any changes from the web to your phone, it won't be instant like on a BEST server.

Changes from the phone to the web happen almost instantly.
    04-20-12 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD