I have a Blackberry 8330 work phone, the account is through US Cellular. I also have a seperate phone that I use as a personal, through I Wireless, which uses a Sim card. I opened the back of my blackberry and it does not currently have a sim card in it. Is it possible to place the sim card in the blackberry and use both numbers on this one phone?

If this has been answered already, I apologize. I searched for it, even googled it, and found nothing.

This would make my life a lot easier.
    04-26-09 01:00 PM
    It would be cool if you could do that, but I'm thinking that it won't work. I'm not sure though. Hopefully someone with a CDMA phone could shed some light on this for us.
    04-26-09 01:21 PM
    No unfortunately that would not work. It would be extremely cool though. The software on the phone just isn't made to handle that.

Check out google voice when it become available to the public. I have one now, it's the most awesome forwarding service I could possibly want.
    04-26-09 01:29 PM
    No unfortunately that would not work. It would be extremely cool though. The software on the phone just isn't made to handle that.

Check out google voice when it become available to the public. I have one now, it's the most awesome forwarding service I could possibly want.
    Lucky!
    10char
    04-26-09 01:47 PM
    Lucky!
    10char
    It used to be owned by grand central. I'm so in love with it. 2 phone numbers on one phone. I can recieve calls or texts to any number, i can quick forward the number to a local phone when I'm running low on minutes, I can shut the 2nd number off at night and still have my phone on, I can block callers so they get a "the number you've dialed is no longer in service", or for those really annoying friends my phone never rings but instead goes straight to voicemail. Customized voicemail boxes for my gf/family/friends/business. And my favorite ones are the ability to listen in on a voicemail as they leave the message and jump in lke you could with those old school answering machines.

Stores my text messages in an inbox online so I always have them. Visual voicemail that operates through my mp3 player, and just recently my voicemails can be transcribed and sent to me via text or email.

Then of course the ability to ring mulitple phones or change where it's forwarded to, so I never have to give out another number no matter what phone or phone number i'm using. Multiple phones comes in handy because I live in a gated community and we don't have a landline, so when the gates calls the forwarding number it rings mine and my room mates phone so either one of us can buzz somebody in.

I love it if you can't tell.
    04-26-09 02:02 PM
    One more question, what is a typical charge that a provider would have for forwarded a call to another number?
    04-26-09 03:03 PM
    That is pretty cool. This would work great for me with all my numbers...lol. Thanks for the info.
    04-26-09 03:04 PM
    One more question, what is a typical charge that a provider would have for forwarded a call to another number?
    Most don't charge. It's usually a fairly simple setting in the phone.
    04-26-09 03:07 PM
    The only BB USCC currently offers with a SIM slot is the 8830WE. You would have a second number with the SIM card, but it would only work outside North America (like in Europe).
    04-27-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD