I have a Torch and also just bought a used Bold 9000 in perfect condition. I've upgraded software on the Bold that included Vis Voice so just by switching my Sim I can make calls and get voicemails. I'm confused about emails, however. It looks like Blackberry will allow 1 phone at a time to get emails. Is there a problem with moving the phone that should receive emails back and forth? There must be a way where both phones are always email ready.
    12-26-10 07:36 PM
    You have to log in on your carrier's BIS from a PC and change devices there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    fass likes this.
    12-26-10 07:39 PM
    Lak is right, because of the way BIS works, you will need to change the device each time on the ATT BIS login page. This will switch the email from one device to the other.
    fass likes this.
    12-26-10 07:41 PM
    Thanks. That's not too much of a pain, but does it cause any kind of problems from constantly doing this? I suppose I could live without the email function when using the Bold but I'm really starting to like it.
    12-26-10 07:47 PM
    nope, no problems except the emails wont be syncd up, so if you get an email on the torch, the bold wont get it, unless using something like Google Sync.

And there is no problem except for your friends trying to BBM you, as each device has its own PIN.

Changing the PIN on BIS might peeve ATT off, but youre using the Self Serve BIS page so no issues there.
    fass likes this.
    12-26-10 07:51 PM
    PIN's cannot be transferred between devices. Even RIM can't change them apparently. My best bet is, decide on Torch or Bold, and just use that one, keeping the other as a backup incase one goes "Poof!" like I will be doing with my Curve when I get my new BlackBerry.
    fass likes this.
    12-26-10 08:36 PM
    A related question...is there any way to have one email address push to two different devices? My wife and I share one of our email addresses. Currently its only pushed to my device...is there a way for her to receive them also? She doesn't currently have a BB but will be getting one for her in the future.

12-26-10 09:14 PM
    A related question...is there any way to have one email address push to two different devices? My wife and I share one of our email addresses. Currently its only pushed to my device...is there a way for her to receive them also? She doesn't currently have a BB but will be getting one for her in the future.

Yes, there should be no problem setting that same email in your wife's BlackBerry when she gets it... When somebody send an email to that address you should get it in both devices...
    12-27-10 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD