I have a Torch and now a 9700 and I'd like to use one at the weekend and the other during the week. I don't want different phone numbers etc so I just want to swap the sim at the weekend. Is it ok to do this? Do I have to do something on the phones or do I just swap the sim and forget it?
    Any advice is most welcome!
    12-09-10 04:39 PM
    You will have to log in to your BIS and do a pin/IMEI swap
    and from there, should be good to go.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-09-10 04:46 PM
    You have to swap the SIM AND also do a PIN change at your carrier's BIS site, is it ATT, or are you in Canada or Europe?

Here's ATT's.......

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    12-09-10 04:47 PM
    Is that from the phone or the pc?
    I'm on O2, in the UK.
    12-09-10 04:48 PM
    On AT&T all you need to do is switch the SIM card. The registration to the network is automatic.

I do recommend using the Device Switch Wizard to "mirror"the two phones and assure you have all your contacts.
    12-09-10 06:32 PM
    Thanks but where do I find the Device Switch Wizard?
    12-09-10 10:02 PM
    Device Switch Wizard is part of Desktop Manager
    12-09-10 10:21 PM
    Brilliant! Thank you. Not sure how I missed that...
    12-09-10 10:39 PM
    You have to swap the SIM AND also do a PIN change at your carrier's BIS site, is it ATT, or are you in Canada or Europe?

Here's ATT's.......

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    pkable

Do you have a similar link to Rogers Canada?
    I looked but couldnt find one.

Thanks
    12-10-10 01:00 AM
    pkable

Do you have a similar link to Rogers Canada?
    I looked but couldnt find one.

Thanks
    Here ya go: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers
    12-10-10 07:00 AM
    I was told that you DO need to do the PIN change for O2, here's the O2 site......

BlackBerry Internet Service
    12-10-10 08:48 AM
    Hmmm...
    I was just told by O2 in the UK that I should NOT swap SIMs on a regular basis as it would "set my PIN and IMEI numbers to zero".
    I was also advised that accessing the email (BIS) setup from the BB is exactly the same as accessing it from the PC (BlackBerry Internet Service) and in any case, accessing it from the PC offers no PIN swap facilities for swapping phones.
    Now I'm totally confused!
    Can anyone shed any light on this - I thought this would be a simple thing to do...
    12-10-10 08:50 AM
    Hmmm...
    I was just told by O2 in the UK that I should NOT swap SIMs on a regular basis as it would "set my PIN and IMEI numbers to zero".
    I was also advised that accessing the email (BIS) setup from the BB is exactly the same as accessing it from the PC (BlackBerry Internet Service) and in any case, accessing it from the PC offers no PIN swap facilities for swapping phones.
    Now I'm totally confused!
    Can anyone shed any light on this - I thought this would be a simple thing to do...
    No, the website SHOULD give you the option to change device. HOWEVER, your carrier may limit the amount of times you can change devices a month, some carriers do this. Sign on to the web site and see if there is an option to Change Device. MOST of what you can do on the website you can do on the device, except for the change device.
    HomeyJay#CB likes this.
    12-10-10 09:02 AM
    Thanks pkcable. That was exactly right!
    I can now switch easily.
    Many thanks for that and now I'm a happy bunny!
    12-10-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD