is it possible since i have verizon to have 2 blackberries that i use on one number... not at the same time ofcorse like maybe one day i use the storm one day i use the curve how would i go about doing this and is it possible because i have an extra curve ... would i just have to set it up online and activate them both to that number then keep the other one off or would i have to in the morning activate that phone as the one i wanna use that day on my online account?

advice please
    05-06-09 11:41 AM
    thanks in advance
    05-06-09 11:43 AM
    This can be done. The process wouldnt be quite as simple as it is on a GSM based network where you would just swap the sim cards though.

From your device thats NOT active you would dial *228 then wait and press option 3 once the talking begins. This will activate that device.

Then you will need to go to the Desktop Manager and do a Device Switch, and that will transfer all your information over.

If you plan on doing this daily, it could get tedious, but to change it every once and a while would probably not be so bad.

Hope this helps!
    05-06-09 11:44 AM
    You can do it online. Only one at a time. But from what I understand you can only switch them 3 times a month. I could be wrong on how many times you can do it though.
    05-06-09 11:44 AM
    Forgot about that option Dream. Good catch. I posted the online way assuming the OP would be updating their pin on BIS.
    05-06-09 11:47 AM
    Not sure on any limits, but either online or *228 work to swap out phones
    05-06-09 11:48 AM
    Is this a pretty straight-forward process? I have a Storm and a Curve. I want to activate the Curve for just a day then switch back to my Storm.

thanks in advance
    05-06-09 12:03 PM
    I have outlined the process above, check it out.

Its rather simplistic.
    05-06-09 12:04 PM
    Question, the Curve has a different number attached to it ( I gave it to my brother and he is no longer using it ). Anything different need to be done or just *228 option 3?
    05-06-09 12:23 PM
    There are three steps you will want to follow.
    1. Update Verizon's systems for which device you will be using in 1 of 2 ways, either dial from the new phone to be used *228, option 3 OR login to vzw.com and follow the steps for activating an existing device.

2. Update blackberry's information so email, etc. will continue to be sent to your phone by taking the following step. Login to blackberry.com/go/vzw with your username and password and select 'change device' and follow the instructions there.

3. If the only information you want to sync between the devices when connected to your computer is pim information (calendar, contacts, memo, todo) then you will not need to use the switch device wizard each time, but simply synchronize it with the computer the normal way.

Hope this helps, and there is not a limit to how many times this can be done in a month as long as you are not changing your calling plan, just the device you are using. I'm assuming this will be the case for you.
    05-06-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the information!
    05-06-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD