I this comment on a story earlier, but I decided to post in the forums because I really don't know how to process this and I guess BlackBerry doesn't either. It really has me shaking my head tonight. Anyway

I gave my 15 year old niece my old Z10 for xmas with 10.2.1, Snap and amazon installed. Plus a few other popular Android apps. Well she's had the phone for a few months and she says it's decent.
    Today I sent her a BBM asking if she would rather have an iPhone instead of the Z10.

She said "yaa". I asked is there any particular reason why?

She said (wait for it) "It has cool cases".

I said "are you serious or just joking, that's why you want an iPhone, because it has cooler cases?"

She said "No joke, I want a white phone"

I said " So it's just a style thing, has nothing really to do when OS and apps"

She said " Well some of my apps freeze a lot (Android apps) , but ya pretty much I just want a white phone.

I said "SMH, and I'll pick you up a white case if I see one"

.....I just ordered her a white case-mate off Amazon.

Is BlackBerry out of touch with its young user base, (if there is one)? I'm finally understanding why so many people like iPhones. It's all about style.

Zed30
    ahmadzahir88 likes this.
    03-05-14 12:33 AM
    Young children (9-15) don't care about security. Might as well buy her the toy she wants.
    03-05-14 01:11 AM
    Third party accessory manufacturers will cater to the product with the largest market to maximize potential customers/sales/profits.

I've used the Otterbox Commuter cases on most of my devices up to the 9900, and even I was a bit envious of the new color selections available on the iPhone 4/4s compared to my options of black or if I was really lucky, white, on my devices.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-05-14 01:18 AM
    ....which is exactly what I discover every day multiple times. Young girls and young women (15-30 of age) carry white iPhones or white Galaxy S devices to like 95%. This is basically where Apple and Samsung make their money. Not with nerds.
    03-05-14 01:23 AM
    So get a white Z10 rofl...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-05-14 01:24 AM
    I just turned 14 2 days ago and I love my z10 more than nyself!

Posted via CB10
    teens girls want cute cases, cute emoji and in the teen girl segment the same phone as others in their social circle. Most times thats an Iphone.
    Troy Tiscareno and bdguru like this.
    I say let her get the iPhone. If her Z10 is really that much better, she will want it back. If not, perhaps she should have the iPhone instead.

Some people don't find the same things important in phones as BlackBerry users. You can call, text and browse on an iPhone just fine. Smooth navigation and speed are a personal preference, as is the physical appearance of your phone.
    TGR1, GSM-S, swervable and 3 others like this.
    03-05-14 02:05 AM
    Freaking Gen Z

Posted via CB10
    robhenry24 likes this.
    03-05-14 02:15 AM
    My daughter chose the S4 because of the 13meg camera

Q10 and Z10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-05-14 02:23 AM
    I this comment on a story earlier, but I decided to post in the forums because I really don't know how to process this and I guess BlackBerry doesn't either. It really has me shaking my head tonight. Anyway

I gave my 15 year old niece my old Z10 for xmas with 10.2.1, Snap and amazon installed. Plus a few other popular Android apps. Well she's had the phone for a few months and she says it's decent.
    Today I sent her a BBM asking if she would rather have an iPhone instead of the Z10.

She said "yaa". I asked is there any particular reason why?

She said (wait for it) "It has cool cases".

I said "are you serious or just joking, that's why you want an iPhone, because it has cooler cases?"

She said "No joke, I want a white phone"

I said " So it's just a style thing, has nothing really to do when OS and apps"

She said " Well some of my apps freeze a lot (Android apps) , but ya pretty much I just want a white phone.

I said "SMH, and I'll pick you up a white case if I see one"

.....I just ordered her a white case-mate off Amazon.

Is BlackBerry out of touch with its young user base, (if there is one)? I'm finally understanding why so many people like iPhones. It's all about style.

Zed30

There are tons of "cute" cases on Amazon lol.
    bdguru likes this.
    03-05-14 02:31 AM
    Loads of cool.cases for the z10 on ebay including photo cases too

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    03-05-14 02:57 AM
    Why do you even care what she wants? If she wants an iPhone she can get one with her own money, it's that easy.

Posted via CB10
    TMSoCB, Bor Navas, wincyUt and 9 others like this.
    03-05-14 03:16 AM
    Why do you even care what she wants? If she wants an iPhone she can get one with her own money, it's that easy.

Posted via CB10
    How many tweens do you know that could pay for an iphone with their own money and pay the $70 a month phone bill?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:32 AM
    It is a fact. Can't say otherwise

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:34 AM
    That's the point. If they had to work for 2 weeks full time to afford just the phone they wouldn't want one. People should do their kids a favor and not spoil them. Because otherwise they'll start complaining about an awesome z10.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie and Mecca EL like this.
    03-05-14 04:38 AM
    Some people don't find the same things important in phones as BlackBerry users. You can call, text and browse on an iPhone just fine.
    I would disagree with the text part. Although on the other hand - I think browsing on an iphone is better than on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:17 AM
    I've posted about this before but here it is again: Please, please BlackBerry, let us take TimeShift photos and turn them into motion GIFs. I take TS pics and people (especially young people) love it when I slide the time shift back and forth. Problem is, I can't save those.
    Agreed. Just had the exact same occassion when I photographed my girlfriend and a friend of hers. They were amazed.
    BoldPreza and web99 like this.
    03-05-14 06:36 AM
    As a father of two Teenage daughters there is no other phone than the Iphone.. They don't care about security or anything else... They want an Iphone becasue EVERYONE has an iphone!! Plain and simple... The iphones are simple to use and have a billion apps and they are just perfect for a teenager...

On the other side of the coin... I love my Blackberry partially because EVERYONE has an iphone!!!......Teenagers want to "fit-in".... and I want to "Stand-out"....
    KDB84, rifka_f, Bor Navas and 20 others like this.
    03-05-14 06:40 AM
    She's only 15 she will also enjoy the bigger library of games, I think it's a good move for her. Most of her friends are probably on iPhones too
    anon(5061193), decoy7 and devin266 like this.
    03-05-14 06:40 AM
    The iphone case selection is enormous. And kids gotta have cases. Fascinating thing really is that young people (and I suppose some old people for that matter) spend more time texting and emailing than talking on their phones. I know I do. There is no better device for texting and messaging than the Q10 but all this kids want the same slab of glass. I hate typing on glass.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-05-14 06:45 AM
    I've posted about this before but here it is again: Please, please BlackBerry, let us take TimeShift photos and turn them into motion GIFs. I take TS pics and people (especially young people) love it when I slide the time shift back and forth. Problem is, I can't save those.

Thats an awesome idea, never really thought about that.
    haringfish and anand_ma like this.
    03-05-14 06:48 AM
    Style over Substance I guess

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:50 AM
    Don't get her the iphone. It will be another step in training her to be even more of a drain. Ask Kevin O'Leary what he would say. Basically, if she feels she really needs it, get a job and go buy it. Really, he is dead on. It teaches the value of money and time. Yes 15 year Olds can get a job. Mine has one, and it's washing dishes at a local restaurant a few times a week. He has a z10 and also has saved $1500.00 bucks. He is not going to buy an iphone because the case is cute, or he needs to be like his friends. His dish pan hands just won't pick one up I guess.....lol. he was given a z10 from the start as a present.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:52 AM
    Etsy has loads of "cool" cases available for the Z10...
    03-05-14 07:14 AM
210 123 ...