I was walking out of a local restaurant on Friday and got spotted by a CrackBerry reader.... "HEY, YOU'RE KEVIN". He actually had no idea I lived in Winnipeg (which was kind of funny, as it turned out the guys he was sitting with were guys I went to university with ten years ago).

He was rocking a BlackBerry of course, and we talked shop for a few minutes. One of the things he mentioned right away was that many of the other guys he works with have been giving him a hard time about using a BlackBerry still.

So to that end, I want to come up with a list of ONE HUNDRED AND TEN THINGS to say to somebody who gives you a hard time about using a BlackBerry.

Let's make this a community driven project... fill this thread up with ideas. Good, bad, clean, EVIL GENIUS mean, etc. Once we have a huge list we'll pull the best ones and turn it into a pretty blog post on the homepage.

Let's go go go!
    eldricho, ronfc, eu gene and 17 others like this.
    05-25-14 08:56 PM
    At least I'm getting some work done!
    05-25-14 08:59 PM
    When speaking to a fellow Canadian... "At least I'm not a traitor like you!"
    05-25-14 08:59 PM
    I'm a millionaire, what are you?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:00 PM
    How about "You must have a pretty sad life if you care about what phone someone is using."
    05-25-14 09:00 PM
    1. BlackBerry is dead - People have been saying that for years, yet the company is still here producing phones, coming up with new products and beyond that they're more than just BlackBerry smartphones. They also own QNX. Ever heard of it? (Chances are they'll say no) then explain QNX and all the systems its in and some more common yet, relatively unknown to common folks uses for it. Most times they'll walk away saying something like 'wow, I didn't know all that' and tell em... that's the stuff the media doesn't tell you. BlackBerry is more than just smartphones and anyone who think BlackBerry can just shut down is well, pretty uninformed.

( I have more but I'll come back and add them lol)
    05-25-14 09:02 PM
    How about "F*** you." Simple and direct.
    05-25-14 09:06 PM
    I always just ask them "What don't you like about BlackBerry 10?"

Always gets a blank stare back.
    Norg, endevour, rizdragon and 14 others like this.
    05-25-14 09:08 PM
    I'm different

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    05-25-14 09:11 PM
    Turn it on them. My all-time favorite "aren't you embarrassed to be using an iPhone? What are you some 14 year old girl. You must have girly hands to be able to type on that sh1t. Get a man's phone" (assuming they are men)

They typically don't have a comeback and don't know where to put themselves. Haha

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:12 PM
    Cool thread!

Because I need power, security and productivity at my finger tips without compromising any of them.
    05-25-14 09:13 PM
    People say:
    "Ew you're using a BlackBerry?"

You say:
    "I'm sorry, I couldn't see you over my swipe gestures, hub, and time shift camera."

Posted via CB10
    eu gene and SultanJazz like this.
    05-25-14 09:18 PM
    I'm too busy to be a Lemming.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-25-14 09:22 PM
    I'm slightly baffled by the need for this thread. There is no perceptible stigma in using a BlackBerry where I live (London, United Kingdom.)
    05-25-14 09:26 PM
    I'm slightly baffled by the need for this thread. There is no perceptible stigma in using a BlackBerry where I live (London, United Kingdom.)
    Lol I guess it's mostly in North America then. As a student I've had people think my phone was cool until they ask and then discover it's a BlackBerry. Then it's like "eew"

Posted via CB10
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    05-25-14 09:31 PM
    How about "I value my privacy and security, I see you don't"
    05-25-14 09:34 PM
    The Blacker the Berry the better the phone. Stay Black bro.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    05-25-14 09:37 PM
    "I'm happy with my phone". If that doesn't work then "go f*** yourself".
    05-25-14 09:40 PM
    How about "F*** you." Simple and direct.
    Pretty much this, tbh.
    05-25-14 09:40 PM
    I don't get it either but based on a recurring theme in the forums, several people have been ridiculed, scorned, disrespected, or given a wedgie for using a blackberry.

Just tell them: I use the devices I like, not the devices I like to be seen with.
    05-25-14 09:43 PM
    Yeah,.. it pleases me to know that I'm a waste of Samsung and Apple's marketing budgets.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:44 PM
    Have your picture password on and tell them to guess your password.

Watch them go crazy trying to figure it out and then say "that's cool!".

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:44 PM
    My favourite thing I get asked is, "why are you using a blackberry, they suck?"

"Ok, why do they suck? "

"Well...cause its a blackberry!"

And then I just leave it at that cause there's no cure for stupid...

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:47 PM
    Oh and for my contribution to the list, I chose blackberry because it keeps Canadians in a job

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:49 PM
    Here is my email signature:

BlackBerry 10 Smartphone =�Typos be gone forever! #BB10 #Z30 a mobile for those who want to communicate effectively, period!

Need I say more?

To date there is not a single soul here in the Bay Area, California to whom I have shown the typing experience and capability to easily download and run Android apps that has not said, "Wow! How come BlackBerry does not advertise about their Virtual Keyboard or the fact that they support running Android apps!"

In the Bay Area people still associate BlackBerry to hardware Keyboard with small screen!

BlackBerry needs to tie-up with Google because, I think, Google desperately needs another partner who can break Samsung's stronghold on the Android market. I think, BlackBerry provides the perfect balance of features and productivity tools to make it a formidable alternative to Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:50 PM
285 123 ...