- 12-14-12, 06:29 PM #52
- 12-15-12, 09:31 AM #54
1080p screens are pure gimmick meant to draw in people who generally don't know anything about A/V. I routinely download movies in a very low format for viewing on my Playbook. For example if I have a choice between a SD video at 500MB or a high res BlueRay rip at 720p at 1GB+ I will get the SD video every single time without hesitation. Why? Because on my little 7" screen you can't tell the difference! People are such suckers, seriously.
Now when we're talking phone screens which are even smaller, you become even more ridiculous for falling for this.
- 12-15-12, 11:44 AM #55
According to THE VERGE
"We’ve long praised HTC’s own One X as having the best display on any smartphone, but the DNA’s new SLCD 3 panel bests it without much effort. I don’t think there are enough superlatives to describe how good this screen is — it’s really something you just have to see in person to appreciate fully."
So now we know TWO THINGS
1. 1080p screens DONT drain as much battery as people think
2. 1080p screens REALLY ARE BETTER
Any other arguements ?????
- 12-15-12, 04:52 PM #57
- 12-16-12, 03:07 AM #58
But RIM is not HTC n just cuz something didn't work for HTC doesn't mean it won't for RIM either
As for the difference b/w 720 n 1080p
"it’s really something you just have to see in person to appreciate fully."
- CrackBerry Addict
12-16-12, 03:30 AM #59
- 942 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
If specs are the thing of a war, then bring out London first (if there are two touchscreen models, that is), and let Aristo get the upgrading. OR skip London altogether and build on Aristo (hint hint: take cues from iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, etc)
- 06-17-13, 11:48 AM #61
- By spielll in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-11-10, 01:54 PM
- By spielll in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-11-10, 01:31 PM
- By julioangelortiz in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 8Last Post: 05-09-10, 05:26 PM
- By rankin39 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 14Last Post: 03-10-10, 12:20 PM
- By mlarco52 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-05-09, 02:13 AM