Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up. The only thing I can figure that means that the Storm just has a WICKED GPS antenna in it.
    yeah I'm quite happy how great the GPS works with the assisted being locked. VZ navi is free for a month? I might do this to just get me by until a good decent app is developed for the storm.
    11-26-08 03:05 PM
    I got gpsed to work without the puck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:28 PM
    WOOHOOO! VZ navigator free for 47 days!!! I suggest that for anyone wanting a good free navigator program for the storm, might as well get the VZ navigator FOR NOW! because it might take awhile for a good app to be made for the storm. just DONT FORGET!! to cancel when the trial is up.

since I signed on for the free trial mid way I will have it free untill jan 13th
    11-26-08 03:39 PM
    Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up. The only thing I can figure that means that the Storm just has a WICKED GPS antenna in it.
    It does, because BB Maps finds me real quick.
    11-26-08 03:44 PM
    My unlocked Storm has Google Maps working perfectly on ATT. Found my location in under a minute. Odd...didn't even have to re-install or anything. Thoughts?
    11-26-08 03:46 PM
    This was just posted at the Google Mobile Help forum to a question I posted:

Thom (Google Employee) says this answers the question:
    Hi all,

The BlackBerry Storm uses a highly-customized GUI, which prevents Google Maps for mobile from being viewed in landscape mode. We're still working to integrate the app with this device, and we haven't yet put out a new release since the Storm has launched. I reallize you're all eager to use your internal GPS with Google Maps for mobile - and we're working to get an update soon. I can't give you a timeline as of today, but I'll update this group when I can give a more accurate picture.

Best,
    Tom

Link here: Google Maps GPS on BlackBerry Storm - Google Mobile Help
    11-26-08 04:07 PM
    Does this work for any of you on the Storm?

http://www.trapster.com/tm2/tm.jad
    11-26-08 04:09 PM

you can try disabling compatibility mode, but from what I know the makers are currently working on version 2.0.3. The version currently available on their site is 2.0.1.
    11-26-08 04:25 PM
    The Maps program that comes with the Storm (Applications folder) uses GPS. I used it last night. You tap the icon on the bottom left corner and it activates the GPS and begins searching for satellites. Followed me along the map the whole way...the icon also becomes a circle when you're stopped and an arrow pointing in the direction traveled when moving.
    11-26-08 04:43 PM
    The Maps program that comes with the Storm (Applications folder) uses GPS. I used it last night. You tap the icon on the bottom left corner and it activates the GPS and begins searching for satellites. Followed me along the map the whole way...the icon also becomes a circle when you're stopped and an arrow pointing in the direction traveled when moving.
    LMAO.

Thanks
    11-26-08 04:47 PM
    so where do we get the beta?
    11-26-08 05:14 PM
    Is the beta publically available?
    11-26-08 07:08 PM

it didn't work for me. Just kept searching for location. Went into BB Maps afterwards and BB got GPS lock in less than 20 seconds.

Didn't someone here get this to work? Any tricks any of you have used?
    11-28-08 12:20 AM
    it didn't work for me. Just kept searching for location. Went into BB Maps afterwards and BB got GPS lock in less than 20 seconds.

Didn't someone here get this to work? Any tricks any of you have used?
    same issue here, i would like to have this app too!!
    11-28-08 07:42 AM
    I'm guessing its not out yet. I have been downloading it all week trying to get it to work with no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 06:49 PM
    Another program i found that works with the gps is Map your tracks and photos, share your position from your mobile | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service just make sure you open it in lanscape or it seems to freeze.
    11-28-08 06:59 PM
    how do you enter addresses in nav4all? It only registers the first letter of the suretype krypad and doesn't work in landscape mode.
    I just added nav4all. When you set permissions, made sure that "Input Simulation" Is allowed. I could type out addresses this way
    11-28-08 10:03 PM
    I just added nav4all. When you set permissions, made sure that "Input Simulation" Is allowed. I could type out addresses this way
    interesting, downloading it again right now
    11-28-08 11:58 PM
    Does anyone have a trick to keep the screen from fading out while using nav4all?
    11-29-08 02:59 PM
    just an update, Nav4all has released a Storm-friendly version, 8.0.78 is what i have and it works flawlesly on the storm. Very fast signal pickup too
    11-29-08 04:52 PM
    just an update, Nav4all has released a Storm-friendly version, 8.0.78 is what i have and it works flawlesly on the storm. Very fast signal pickup too
    just download that version? because when it ask to choose phone model the storm isnt on the list
    11-29-08 05:21 PM
    just download that version? because when it ask to choose phone model the storm isnt on the list
    I just went to Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone! on my BB Browser and hit the "Download Nav4All" link...

You might try deleting the older version first if you have it? I had uninstalled mine after it did not work well.
    11-29-08 05:53 PM
    I can't get any program to work. Changed all the advanced settings. Still no luck. Took the phone tot he store they couldn't get it to work. They finally call tier 3 support. Apparently some folks are having issue witht he GPS and with the next core release they plan to fix a few issue. we will see.
    11-29-08 07:40 PM
    I was able to get Nav4All to work, but only if I started BBMaps first and got the GPS engaged. Interesting possibilities, but needs a LOT of work. There has to be an easier way...
    11-29-08 09:25 PM
    Yeah, it seems to take awhile for it to engage the GPS, I assume because it tries to engage the aGPS first but can't since it's verizon locked.
    11-30-08 07:13 AM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD