Hypothetically, let's say that each platform had the same apps, which platform would you choose? I think that is most important question, not where x app is going to be there at launch. People did not choose Mac OS X because it had the programs they wanted, they choose because of the experience they got on that platform. The overall experience is what is important. Apps enhance that experience, they do not make that experience.

I have read many comments about how if BB 10 does not have this app or that app it will fail and I think that people forget that they did not buy a BlackBerry because of the apps it has, most people here bought a BB, despite of the app situation. If BB 10 does not meet your needs, you should look elsewhere. There must be something about how RIM and BlackBerry experience that has kept you here and if that experience is not enough anymore, then you are free to find another. Every platform/OS is a compromise, you have got to find out what is important to you. Most platforms do the same thing, it is about the How.

I like the BlackBerry Experience and I will continue to use BlackBerry until my carrier drops support. If we support RIM and BB 10 in large numbers, they will have to support us because we will become a viable option for them. Do not give them the power to choose your platform for you.
    Finally the voice of reason.
    12-16-12 08:52 PM
    Hypothetically, let's say that each platform had the same apps, which platform would you choose? I think that is most important question, not where x app is going to be there at launch. People did not choose Mac OS X because it had the programs they wanted, they choose because of the experience they got on that platform. The overall experience is what is important. Apps enhance that experience, they do not make that experience.

I have read many comments about how if BB 10 does not have this app or that app it will fail and I think that people forget that they did not buy a BlackBerry because of the apps it has, most people here bought a BB, despite of the app situation. If BB 10 does not meet your needs, you should look elsewhere. There must be something about how RIM and BlackBerry experience that has kept you here and if that experience is not enough anymore, then you are free to find another. Every platform/OS is a compromise, you have got to find out what is important to you. Most platforms do the same thing, it is about the How.

I like the BlackBerry Experience and I will continue to use BlackBerry until my carrier drops support. If we support RIM and BB 10 in large numbers, they will have to support us because we will become a viable option for them. Do not give them the power to choose your platform for you.
    Well said.

IMO number of apps doesn't equal quality apps and 1500 �versions� of Solitaire should count as one app.
    To get the "smartphone" experience the must have apps are included in every OS (mail, calendar, music, internet etc.) everything else is just games, utilities or to increase productivity. I can�t see myself be upset because I can�t play Words With Friends on my BB10 device. Most of the other apps people are stressing about (Netflix) are internet bases apps and are available via the browser and the phone has a great browser. So, everything that I love about my BB will remain, things that annoy me are gone and new features that were added just puts more icing on a delicious cake.
    12-17-12 12:33 PM
    Exactly. The smartphone market is big and growing fast. BlackBerry is at 5% market share right now (globally). Doubling to 10% within 12 months should be easily doable (considering how BlackBerry was at 11.5% market share in Q2 2011). 15%+ of market share within 24 months would be a reasonable target. iOS is only at 19% right now anyways, so it wouldn't be that far ahead in a couple of months.

Link from IDC for Q2 2012: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?contai...2#.UM3Tz6zAHLQ
    hate to break it to ya, but it is a heck of a lot easier to loose market share than to gain it...(not a troll, just saying your comparison might not be the best)
    12-17-12 04:53 PM
    I am moving from IOS to BB because of BB10, I like it stable, and new experience.... get a bit bored of Apple's iPhone, iPad now...
    03-01-13 03:21 PM
    Does I phone have a hdmi port?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:54 PM
    Double dog dare ya to post this thread in the imore forums
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-01-13 06:03 PM
    Enjoyed the part about the browser. Let keep this positive people!!! All you nay sayers...
    03-01-13 07:19 PM
    Double dog dare ya to post this thread in the imore forums
    ****, post it anywhere but crackberry and watch them get torn to shreds, haha.
    03-01-13 11:07 PM
    Enjoyed the part about the browser. Let keep this positive people!!! All you nay sayers...
    �The part about the browser.�
    Oh, you mean the part of the article the OP quoted that does not match the article?

OP version:
    �With a HTML5 Test score of 484, BlackBerry 10 has the fastest browser in the industry�

Article version ( 10 Reasons Why BlackBerry 10 is Better Than iOS 6 | The Gadget Masters ):
    �With a HTML5 Test score of 485, BlackBerry 10 has #1 browser in the industry.�

I believe what happened is the article author realized his error (score = speed) and changed the article after the OP quoted it.

Presumably �#1 browser� refers to HTML5. It is worth noting that HTML5test.com does not actually test anything. A browser can *report* that a feature like cross-document messaging is supported, but that functionality could be broken or even missing.

Check out the top desktop browser, Maxthon at 464. Pretty good, eh? Except, �After claiming that Maxthon scores a total of 467 points in the HTML5Test, Niels Leenheer has found out that this is not exactly the case. *In fact, they enabled features that do not actually work, just to boost the meaningless score.*�

It is also worth noting that HTML5 is an evolving draft specification. �In September 2012, the W3C proposed a plan to release a stable HTML5 Recommendation by the end of 2014�. I am certain that as this draft spec reaches a more stable state in a year or so, browser makers will take compliance more seriously.

Lets assume though, for the sake of argument, that bigger is better. BB10 at 485 is better than Safari/iOS 6.1 at 386. The article states that,
    �Having the #1 browser in the industry also increases the number of apps available on BB 10. This is because the browser can use HTML5 web apps on the internet. Thus, the number of apps on BB 10 is significantly higher than the number in the app store (BlackBerry World). Through its ability to use web HTML5 apps, the number of apps on BB10 is increased to a nearly infinite number.�

I am prepared to be impressed here. A nearly infinite number of apps. Wow. I am by nature a skeptic though.

A request to Z10 users:
    Can you post some of these HTML5 web apps that run on your phone that will not run on, lets say, iOS? Heck, lets start with one.

Please post the URL here.

Thanks in advance.
    xandermac likes this.
    03-02-13 12:20 AM
    �The part about the browser.�
    Oh, you mean the part of the article the OP quoted that does not match the article?

OP version:
    �With a HTML5 Test score of 484, BlackBerry 10 has the fastest browser in the industry�

Article version ( 10 Reasons Why BlackBerry 10 is Better Than iOS 6 | The Gadget Masters ):
    �With a HTML5 Test score of 485, BlackBerry 10 has #1 browser in the industry.�

I believe what happened is the article author realized his error (score = speed) and changed the article after the OP quoted it.

Presumably �#1 browser� refers to HTML5. It is worth noting that HTML5test.com does not actually test anything. A browser can *report* that a feature like cross-document messaging is supported, but that functionality could be broken or even missing.

Check out the top desktop browser, Maxthon at 464. Pretty good, eh? Except, �After claiming that Maxthon scores a total of 467 points in the HTML5Test, Niels Leenheer has found out that this is not exactly the case. *In fact, they enabled features that do not actually work, just to boost the meaningless score.*�

It is also worth noting that HTML5 is an evolving draft specification. �In September 2012, the W3C proposed a plan to release a stable HTML5 Recommendation by the end of 2014�. I am certain that as this draft spec reaches a more stable state in a year or so, browser makers will take compliance more seriously.

Lets assume though, for the sake of argument, that bigger is better. BB10 at 485 is better than Safari/iOS 6.1 at 386. The article states that,
    �Having the #1 browser in the industry also increases the number of apps available on BB 10. This is because the browser can use HTML5 web apps on the internet. Thus, the number of apps on BB 10 is significantly higher than the number in the app store (BlackBerry World). Through its ability to use web HTML5 apps, the number of apps on BB10 is increased to a nearly infinite number.�

I am prepared to be impressed here. A nearly infinite number of apps. Wow. I am by nature a skeptic though.

A request to Z10 users:
    Can you post some of these HTML5 web apps that run on your phone that will not run on, lets say, iOS? Heck, lets start with one.

Please post the URL here.

Thanks in advance.
    I'll bite...CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:26 AM
    I'll bite...CB10

Posted via CB10
    CB10 is an HTML5 web app? Impressive. I just have a regular app.

10+ Reasons Why BlackBerry 10 is Better Than iOS 6-imagewga.jpg

10+ Reasons Why BlackBerry 10 is Better Than iOS 6-imagercxk.jpg

I'd like to try the web app though. Please post the URL.

Oh. Looks like you are mistaken.
    BlackBerry World - CB10
    CB10
    "It's a native Cascades app for BlackBerry 10�
    That is not an HTML5 app.

Yes, you are definitely mistaken.

One more time:
    A request for Z10 users. Can you post some of these HTML5 web apps that run on your phone that will not run on, lets say, iOS? Heck, lets start with one.
    djh_wolf, mikeo007 and xandermac like this.
    03-02-13 12:50 AM
36 12