Been looking on AT&T for some info and poked around here for this. I'm trying to figure out how to send a text message to my Curve- using an email type address. My old Razr used the [email protected] (I think that was it) so I could send myself notes from work.
    However, that does not get through to the Curve. Tried to set up a BIS entry for that and came upon a stumbling block- it cannot configure at that domain or something. Have they changed that @blah.blah to something else?

I DON'T want to send a message to the att.blackberry.net account. I need the 10digit method to receive alerts from the NYC Marathon about a relative who is running in Sunday's race.

So I guess the short question is: What is the address for a text message to get to the Curve?
    10-29-08 11:53 AM
    10-29-08 12:37 PM
    umm, forgot to mention... that didn't work- "Invalid recipient"
    10-29-08 12:40 PM
    10-29-08 01:03 PM
    Thanks for all the help!!! With all the input I finally solved it.
    You will notice that I said "10 Digit Addy"- anyone notice that by adding the "1", I had 11 numbers...

But it turns out to be the 10 digits WITHOUT the one @ txt.att.net

So, trucky- you were right-

I'll put it down as a ID-10-T Error....
    10-29-08 01:28 PM
    Hah! Glad you solved the puzzle. I was wondering why yours wouldn't work and everyone else I know on AT&T did.

And, everyone here who hasn't done a similar thing, raise your hand.

No hands, good... Happy Trails
    10-29-08 01:38 PM
    I guess now I know why I haven't been able to email my phone from my contacts list- it still has the att.mobile thing... I never changed that.

whooo boy... one of those days...

Thanks again
    10-29-08 01:46 PM
    Does anyone have an updated list for the major carriers, like T-Mo, Verizon, Sprint?
    10-29-08 09:13 PM
    Does anyone have an updated list for the major carriers, like T-Mo, Verizon, Sprint?
    I think this is a bit more recent than the other one.

SMS 411: How to send email to a phone
    10-29-08 11:15 PM
    Here's a rather extensive list:

Cell Phone Email Addresses
    10-30-08 06:27 AM
    Pretty extensive is right! But AT&T is still wrong....
    10-30-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD