Do you think the 10.2.1 update will bypass the carriers ?
    01-14-14 12:54 PM
    No. Never have never will
    01-14-14 12:55 PM
    Highly doubt it, BlackBerry has and always will push updates through the carriers, carriers especially in US still add their own apps before pushing out.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 12:55 PM
    Not gonna happen sadly when working at BlackBerry I learned one lesson that annoyed me most. BlackBerry is the carriers ***** anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

3 simple facts

Android wishes carriers didn't exist
    Apple bypasses them and tells them what to do
    Carriers tell BlackBerry what to do and they obey

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    01-14-14 01:06 PM
    Not gonna happen sadly when working at BlackBerry I learned one lesson that annoyed me most. BlackBerry is the carriers ***** anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

3 simple facts

Android wishes carriers didn't exist
    Apple bypasses them and tells them what to do
    Carriers tell BlackBerry what to do and they obey

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    Android is very bad at keeping all of their devices up to date. On average after six months an Android phone will be out of date and will never run a current OS ever again
    Apple Actually gives the carriers the OS way before the launch. They have been pretty good so far at timing it so the OS gets approved before Apple plans to release the OS for download.
    Blackberry is in between. While they aren't as clockwork as Apple, they do fare better than the average Android phone.
    01-14-14 01:36 PM
    Android is very bad at keeping all of their devices up to date. On average after six months an Android phone will be out of date and will never run a current OS ever again
    Apple Actually gives the carriers the OS way before the launch. They have been pretty good so far at timing it so the OS gets approved before Apple plans to release the OS for download.
    Blackberry is in between. While they aren't as clockwork as Apple, they do fare better than the average Android phone.
    In one year, our bb10's have had more android updates than any android phone ever.
    decoy7 likes this.
    01-14-14 02:10 PM
    No. You will have to bypass them yourself

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    raw_dog likes this.
    01-14-14 02:12 PM
    So they need to work with carriers before the launch to have the same date !

www.blackberry-10.fr
    01-14-14 05:29 PM
    They should push it out past the carries and backdoor them. Who cares

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:43 PM
    Nope, Telus got the OS for testing last week. We should see it released fairly soon on Canadian carriers. As for other carriers, it's up to your carriers to approve it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:46 PM
    Nope, Telus got the OS for testing last week. We should see it released fairly soon on Canadian carriers. As for other carriers, it's up to your carriers to approve it.

Posted via CB10
    Which version did they get?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:49 PM
    Seems like a lose either way for BB. The carriers want to drop BB (so BB should bypass them), but carriers represent most of the BB sales (so BB cannot bypass them). Sounds like if you have enough market share (apple) you can tell the carriers what to do; but for now BB will be their bi##h.

This also sounds like a slow death (when your primary distribution channel is turning off the tap)
    01-14-14 05:51 PM
    The masses will tire of the iphone. Ios is behind BB10. No one drives the same brand of car from the time they get their drivers license till the time they cease to drive. Once BlackBerry resolves the app gap, Apples leverage will be highly weakened. 10.2.1 will help, but not quite solve the issue. I believe within a few more updates, BlackBerry will be extremely close, and that is when I see the advertising start. The best OS, with the most features, great hardware, and the most apps. BlackBerry will be flying once again. They are so close.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:05 PM