This is the only way to get market share back. Train these people to understand that BlackBerry is back and is bringing with it access to over 1 Million apps (wow that sounds like an awesome commercial).

Once customers walk into that outlet to purchase a smartphone, no one can top that fact!!!!!! (wow, that's another commercial)

Over 1 million apps!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-28-13 08:36 PM
    This is the only way to get market share back. Train these people to understand that BlackBerry is back and is bringing with it access to over 1 Million apps (wow that sounds like an awesome commercial).

Once customers walk into that outlet to purchase a smartphone, no one can top that fact!!!!!! (wow, that's another commercial)

What do you want them to communicate to customers? That BlackBerry is putting out an OS "sometime in the future" that can directly download Android apps, however, BlackBerry won't officially support this (wink wink), but you can still do it? Will said salesperson tell the customer that the customer will need to search and find their own apps and will have no formal app support? Will the salesperson then tell the customer that they can download a leaked OS now that may brick their phone (and by the way, you have to find said OS), and then will the salesperson tell you that when you do officially download those apps (mayby from that Chinese app store), good luck with security and privacy, and will that salesperson explain all the app features may not work as intended, and will that salesperson explain you download these things without official BlackBerry support if anything goes wrong (ITS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)?; and will that salesperson explain that BlackBerry users can't even agree on whether this is legal; and will that salesperson explain the glories of this process while trying to sell said customer that extended warranty? And will that salesperson explain this process is really officially for developers to use and if you mess up your phone, said seller will not assist you and both regular and extended warranties will be moot because you shouldn't have downloaded a leaked OS until it was official or apps that weren't supported by BlackBerry? You are kidding right? Said salesperson should be terminated from employment for promoting this nonsense to a paying customer.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and EddieAIG like this.
    11-28-13 09:26 PM
    What do you want them to communicate to customers? That BlackBerry is putting out an OS "sometime in the future" that can directly download Android apps, however, BlackBerry won't officially support this (wink wink), but you can still do it? Will said salesperson tell the customer that the customer will need to search and find their own apps and will have no formal app support? Will the salesperson then tell the customer that they can download a leaked OS now that may brick their phone (and by the way, you have to find said OS), and then will the salesperson tell you that when you do officially download those apps (mayby from that Chinese app store), good luck with security and privacy, and will that salesperson explain all the app features may not work as intended, and will that salesperson explain you download these things without official BlackBerry support if anything goes wrong (ITS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)?; and will that salesperson explain that BlackBerry users can't even agree on whether this is legal; and will that salesperson explain the glories of this process while trying to sell said customer that extended warranty? And will that salesperson explain this process is really officially for developers to use and if you mess up your phone, said seller will not assist you and both regular and extended warranties will be moot because you shouldn't have downloaded a leaked OS until it was official or apps that weren't supported by BlackBerry? You are kidding right? Said salesperson should be terminated from employment for promoting this nonsense to a paying customer.

Posted via CB10
    Tl;Dr paragraphs would help

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:29 PM
    Agreed, sorry but I didn't read that due to wall of text.

Posted via CB10
    g33kphr33k likes this.
    11-28-13 09:33 PM
    Tl;Dr paragraphs would help

Posted via CB10
    As you like to lecture everyone else on the forums - please stay on topic. As usual, you cannot dismiss my argument so you go off topic with irrelevant drivel. If you have no substantive comments, simply ignore my posts.

Posted via CB10
    EddieAIG and Bbnivende like this.
    11-28-13 09:34 PM
    We are going to have a plethora of apps supported. We need more api's supported first. We are are just in early beta 1055. So I see some great things coming

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:38 PM
    Agreed, sorry but I didn't read that due to wall of text.

Posted via CB10
    My apologies- I'll try to make my posts more simple in the future so you will be able to understand them; I'm sorry that was too hard for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:39 PM
    As you like to lecture everyone else on the forums - please stay on topic. As usual, you cannot dismiss my argument so you go off topic with irrelevant drivel. If you have no substantive comments, simply ignore my posts.

Posted via CB10
    Tl;Dr I didn't read your post.

Posted via CB10
    g33kphr33k likes this.
    Over one million dodgy substandard apps on a platform that is still waiting for an initial promise of native big name apps. No doubt that 10.2.1 is great, but it's not even out yet. And I don't think Android app capability can 'save' BlackBerry, it will take a native experience.

Despite the lack of paragraphs, BBQ10l hit the nail on the head.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and Coachbulldog like this.
    Tl;Dr I didn't read your post.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't bother to read posts before commenting on them then don't bother to comment. No one really cares about your thoughts on their sentence formation. With the poor grammar and punctuation I've read in your posts, you are really in no position to lecture anyone. At this point, I will follow the lead of many others who have put you on their ignore list.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:47 PM
    If you don't bother to read posts before commenting on them then don't bother to comment. No one really cares about your thoughts on their sentence formation. With the poor grammar and punctuation I've read in your posts, you are really in no position to lecture anyone. At this point, I will follow the lead of many others who have put you on their ignore list.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks as I will do the same

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:49 PM
    I love the op's enthusiasm. We are going to have a massive amount of apps supported!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:50 PM
    Over one million dodgy substandard apps on a platform that is still waiting for an initial promise of native big name apps. No doubt that 10.2.1 is great, but it's not even out yet. And I don't think Android app capability can 'save' BlackBerry, it will take a native experience.

Despite the lack of paragraphs, BBQ10l hit the nail on the head.

Posted via CB10
    I really don't see any sales person saying that BB has Android apps until the all the apps are available from a reputable store. If BB has no android store ( big fail) then they should have an official link with Amazon.

Most consumers do not care if the app is native or android/runtime unless the app does not work.

We are now into the Christmas buying season. Once again BlackBerry is late to the party.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-28-13 09:56 PM
    My apologies- I'll try to make my posts more simple in the future so you will be able to understand them; I'm sorry that was too hard for you.

Posted via CB10
    That was a mean-spirited reply?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 10:51 PM
    Op didn't you hear BlackBerry is leaving the hardware market and focusing on services only.

Posted from a phone....
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-28-13 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry should advertise that feature or at least let people know that it's doable.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:01 PM
    Training salespeople? Perhaps. Focusing on getting accurate, unbiased information out to the salespeople? Definitely.
    11-28-13 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most of your points are shortsighted. Once the OS and the runtime are official, I see no reason why a sales rep could not simply demo or explain the Android runtime in a couple of minutes. If this goes official, the legalities would most likely be resolved. No need for your wink theory. Also, if official, no need for a rep to get into leaks. The Runtime is one piece of the puzzle. The bigger issue. Is repairing BlackBerry's relationship with the carriers, the US carriers in particular. If there are no BB10 phones in retail stores, then who is there to train. Chen's priority has got to be Marketing and fixing the issues with the carriers, both at the corporate and sales rep level.

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-28-13 11:28 PM
    Most of your points are shortsighted. Once the OS and the runtime are official, I see no reason why a sales rep could not simply demo or explain the Android runtime in a couple of minutes. If this goes official, the legalities would most likely be resolved. No need for your wink theory. Also, if official, no need for a rep to get into leaks. The Runtime is one piece of the puzzle. The bigger issue. Is repairing BlackBerry's relationship with the carriers, the US carriers in particular. If there are no BB10 phones in retail stores, then who is there to train. Chen's priority has got to be Marketing and fixing the issues with the carriers, both at the corporate and sales rep level.

The USA carriers have lost interest due to poor sales .

BlackBerry would need to include the android symbol on their UI, advertising and on their website if they hope to make a return in the USA market. They would have to have the most popular apps in a store that resides on the device. Their customers want the same app access experience that is available to Nexus, Samsung and iPhone.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-28-13 11:44 PM

It's not shortsighted - they still have to go somewhere to get those apps. Is BlackBerry officially promoting Amazon? If so, then fine. If not, my comments about outside app stores are not shortsighted. If one of those unofficial app stores messes up that phone, does that store have a responsibility to fix it anyway or replace it? I think they do if they used that as a selling feature. If the customer downloads from the Chinese app store and the phone is messed up, will the store honor the warranty? If they used that as a selling point, then they should. Those are valid points and the responsibility should be on BlackBerry to officially support this feature with official links to Android app sites with apps that are fully functional. Otherwise, it's another band aide solution that cannot be relied upon- certainly not officially marketed.

Posted via CB10
    geoffsdad and Bbnivende like this.
    11-28-13 11:48 PM
    Yep, I tend to agree: as-is, training would be a waste. BBRY should wait till the new runtime is official.
    11-29-13 12:01 AM
    Umm BB can't really can't say that they offer over 1 million apps. BB is leaching off of Android and I don't think that is something to advertise. They really can't say anything until they can offer those apps on Blackberry World.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-29-13 12:36 AM

The problem is that BBRY isnt back.

The Z and Q have been and gone and stores aren't going to give floor space to them again.

A revival will have to wait until the next launch (if there is one).
    11-29-13 04:58 AM
    Does BlackBerry (or other brands) have salespeople? Are there feet on the street meeting with the retail carriers doing trainings or pitches, etc? Or do stores just get a shipment of phones with some brochures?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:54 AM
    I really don't see any sales person saying that BB has Android apps until the all the apps are available from a reputable store. If BB has no android store ( big fail) then they should have an official link with Amazon.

Most consumers do not care if the app is native or android/runtime unless the app does not work.

We are now into the Christmas buying season. Once again BlackBerry is late to the party.
    Yeah fair point, the process of using Snap, Droid Store even Amazon at the moment amongst other sources all seems a bid dodgy. Hopefully Google Play is coming together behind the scenes. Who knows? In saying that with Christmas around the corner with BlackBerry 10 as it is at the moment it shouldn't be suprising that it isn't going to be on too many Santa wish lists.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:06 AM
29 12