Is it just me or is the 10.1 leak a bit laggy?

I like the new features and all but for me the UI is a bit slow compared to my previous OS. I've read that the lag is normal in the beginning but can anyone share their experience? How long before the OS settles in and what could possibly be the reason behind the lag?

Thanks guys.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 06:19 PM
    I found the leak laggy as well and even after a few days went back to official.
    yelmonster likes this.
    04-24-13 06:25 PM
    I love the leak! Ps, there is a ton of information and discussion on the thread already made
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797971

Posted via CB10
    yelmonster likes this.
    04-24-13 06:26 PM
    I found the leak laggy as well and even after a few days went back to official.
    After a few days? Hmm. Guess I'll have to give it a go for a bit more time then. Thanks

But what do you think could be the reason behind the lag?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 06:32 PM
    Ummm it's a leak and not an officially optimized or finalized release. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:35 PM
    Ummm it's a leak and not an officially optimized or finalized release.

Posted via CB10
    I am aware of that, thanks. But I was just wondering because other members who have installed the leak found no problems with it, so I just wanted to know if it were only me.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 06:38 PM
    A bit laggy here too, but it comes with the territory when dealing with leaks I guess. Loving the new features though! Some apps won't update (adobe Reader, Whatsapp) and sone don't display properly (Rogers my account) overall though, pretty solid. Can't wait for the official!

Posted via CB10 from my sweet Z10
    04-24-13 06:50 PM
    A bit laggy here too, but it comes with the territory when dealing with leaks I guess. Loving the new features though! Some apps won't update (adobe Reader, Whatsapp) and sone don't display properly (Rogers my account) overall though, pretty solid. Can't wait for the official!

How long have you had the OS? Did you notice significant differences in the lag after a few days?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 06:51 PM
    The leak has been fast and smooth since the second I installed it (well after all my accounts settled in after the restore). I haven't had any problems with it besides not being able to upgrade an app or two.

Very speedy for me. The only thing that is sometimes slow to pop up is the Settings when it is not currently an active frame.
    04-24-13 07:03 PM
    The leak has been fast and smooth since the second I installed it (well after all my accounts settled in after the restore). I haven't had any problems with it besides not being able to upgrade an app or two.

Very speedy for me. The only thing that is sometimes slow to pop up is the Settings when it is not currently an active frame.
    How about the search app? When I open mine, the screen flashes white for a second then the app appears. Does this happen to you too?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 07:06 PM
    How about the search app? When I open mine, the screen flashes white for a second then the app appears. Does this happen to you too?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    Yes it does the flash but it is literally a millisecond worth of time. I can start typing "bbm contactnamehere" immediately.

Like mentioned above, this is a leak so don't expect the usual. That flash is a glitch in the leak I would expect.
    04-24-13 07:08 PM
    Yes it does the flash but it is literally a millisecond worth of time. I can start typing "bbm contactnamehere" immediately.

Like mentioned above, this is a leak so don't expect the usual. That flash is a glitch in the leak I would expect.
    Great! Thought i was the only one. Whew

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-24-13 07:11 PM
    Great! Thought i was the only one. Whew

Posted via my sexy Z10
    lol. It seems like the animation is messed up. As soon as it flashes it is loaded though.
    04-24-13 07:20 PM
    It's not that it's laggy but the screen refresh rate is poor such as going into settings. If you see a blacksreen under settings, just swipe up and you screen refreshes with the menu.
    04-24-13 07:24 PM
    I manage a software company. To see people evaluate unofficial leaked software so precisely with expectations of full performance drives me crazy. ;-P

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:31 PM
    How long have you had the OS? Did you notice significant differences in the lag after a few days?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    From what I can tell, it was slightly laggy right off the bat and seems to have stayed that way. Have had it installed since the first day it leaked. Also some odd behavior at times. Had my first ever random reboot after installing it and I've had my Z10 since Feb 5. But I am not evaluating the leak as these things I was expecting.

I'm actually quite pleased with how well its working considering it's not an official OS release. I just wanted to mess around and experience some of the new features.

04-24-13 08:50 PM