Hi Katie... Enjoyed reading your personal experience with two Z10's. I'm still deciding before purchasing so I appreciate your perspective. Since you liked your previous Bold so much, do you plan to buy and review the Q10?
    BigAl_BB9900 and katiepea like this.
    04-25-13 11:05 PM
    All three people I know (including myself) who came from droid are blown away by how far superior this thing is.

Posted via CB10

All three? I'll guess they were using a g1 running cupcake and you, as absolutely amazing as it seems, have not only managed to find the worst made gs3 ever but also the greatest ever made z10 as well.

Now . . where is the unicorn

And to the OP, nice review.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:15 PM
    Hi Katie... Enjoyed reading your personal experience with two Z10's. I'm still deciding before purchasing so I appreciate your perspective. Since you liked your previous Bold so much, do you plan to buy and review the Q10?
    i've considered it just for the keyboard and dark theme! really liking how the dark OS looks. I do like a the screen on the z10 though, perhaps in time i could pick one up, but as it stands right now, probably not. i do have a few friends that are waiting for that device, so i'll be able to play with it.
    04-25-13 11:17 PM
    Don't know why people get so uptight when people post reviews with bad experiences, it's only going to help BlackBerry improve (if they listen of course) . And another thing, this OS is going on 3 months, which took about 2+ years to build, going up against other platforms which took the same amount of time to build but had about 7 + years to mature. And I know the average consumer won't look at it that way but just saying.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:20 PM
    Great Review. You BlackBerry fans are just blind.

Anybody who claims that BlackBerry Maps is better than Google Maps is ******** or has never used Google Maps.

Email should Sync more than 30-days.

I hope BlackBerry takes note and fixes these issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:24 PM
    Clearing missed calls from the hub is done the same way you clear anything from the hub. Click the overflow icon (3 vertical dots) and tap Select More then select all the items you want to delete then tap the delete icon.
    04-25-13 11:28 PM
    yes, i don't like to delete anything though, just acknowledge the notification. i would prefer if clicking a missed call took you to the missed calls, but it calls the person and doesn't acknowledge the notification so it disappears, you have to open up the phone app and go to "missed" unless you delete it, and i'd prefer to not delete anything, i like having a history of everything. makes searching way easier later on.
    04-25-13 11:35 PM
    Great review! I believe I've read else where on forums that the 30 day email issue is going to be fixed on q10/ 10.1 update. I hope the maps gets improvement. I'm waiting for that q10 to make a switch
    04-25-13 11:39 PM
    I can't let this go. The "Unbiased" review is bull ****.

As for maps, I actually prefer them to Google Maps.
    You lost me here. In fact. I call a spade a spade so therefore I feel obligated to call you out on this. Are you high? Drunk? Were you dropped on your head? I love the Z10, but maps is one of its weakest areas. BlackBerry maps is functional at best.
    04-25-13 11:56 PM
    This is why I was so leery about joining Crackberry again. She takes the time to post an unbiased review. She clearly owns the device and likes it. She says a negative thing about the phone regarding the 30 day email, which is clearly an issue, and she's attacked on here. It sucks how some people go out of their way to troll and ruin message board experiences for others.
    04-26-13 12:07 AM
    It smells bad because you're full of ****. You didn't read the post, my experience has been largely positive, had you read the review this would be obvious. I complained about 30 day email support, you're saying "It'll get Fixed" great, hope it does, right now it isn't, so that complaint is legitimate despite your excuses. So your recommendation is that I leave this phone that I like, because I complained about something that doesn't work well, to go to a platform where it does work well, despite the fact that a fix is coming.

You really shouldn't be advising anyone to do anything as this is horrible advice. What about searching through your emails is " far better " out of curiosity?

If I had a husband, I would have typed husband.
    It's already fixed. It's available on 10.1 Os. So yeah it took a bit of waiting but it's about to arrive. I'm not completely thrilled that BlackBerry didn't implement it at launch but I'm glad that they listen to consumer concerns. This is what it is though.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:10 AM
    You lost me here. In fact. I call a spade a spade so therefore I feel obligated to call you out on this. Are you high? Drunk? Were you dropped on your head? I love the Z10, but maps is one of its weakest areas. BlackBerry maps is functional at best.
    BlackBerry should just buy waze for the maps and integrate it as the native map. Also buy blaq as well. Hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:11 AM
    BlackBerry should just buy waze for the maps and integrate it as the native map. Also buy blaq as well. Hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    I found BlackBerry Traffic to be a great GPS. Waze worked well until it starting freezing on my phone, which made me drive right past my destination.
    MichealBerry likes this.
    04-26-13 12:14 AM
    I've had my Z10 since launch day March 28 on VZW.

At times, I also had to supplement my smartphone use with an Android device (Galaxy Nexus). However, I've been better lately about sticking with the Z10 as much as possible.

Things I LOVE about the Z10:
    1. Amazing battery life!
    2. The keyboard, of course.
    3. BBM.

YES, those 3 things are enough to keep me on the Z10. But it would be tough to use as my ONLY device.

I'm looking forward to the maturation of the BB10 OS and more improvements to come.
    04-26-13 12:21 AM
    Can't believe people are arguing / winding you up honest review, maps is basic and email doesn't yet save past 30 days both true
    Moonbase0ne, JR A and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-26-13 12:26 AM
    Great review btw.

I also need the maps functionality to improve. I relied heavily on google maps for general situational awareness needs (searching for places, finding things by name, finding places by category, judging distance to a specific place, finding phone numbers of places quickly) and I feel handicapped without Google maps. I used my car's gps for navigation so navigation was never necessary from my phone, so I'm not judging Google maps on that functionality.

The email history is a big problem. I'm glad they are solving that in the next update. I'm surprised that the email history was set to 30 days. I have no clue why they would do that. It doesn't make it any easier to code or use less processing power.

I also personally need Korean input on top of these issues and I'd be set as far as absolute necessities go.

Btw waze's performance sucks because it's an android port and the android player isn't good. If they made a native app the app would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:02 AM
    Agreed on the 30 days, that was big nono. I guess they assume you would have saved the important emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:29 AM
    It's already fixed. It's available on 10.1 Os. So yeah it took a bit of waiting but it's about to arrive. I'm not completely thrilled that BlackBerry didn't implement it at launch but I'm glad that they listen to consumer concerns. This is what it is though.

Posted via CB10
    That's not completely correct. I have the full 10.1 OS on my Dev Alpha C and currently, you can sync emails that are older than 30 days on only certain accounts. Of my 9 accounts, it only works with hotmail.

Gmail, ymail and pop3 accounts are all still restricted to only 30 days worth of syncing.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    04-26-13 01:39 AM
    Damn, I am so tired of the fanbois on this site that claim anyone that doesn't agree that this phone is the best thing since sliced bread simply is lying about owning the phone. Such passion over a damn phone that it's sad. Quit trolling when the OP is clearly trying to provide details to people who may still be thinking about picking up this phone somewhere down the road.

Katie, great review. I can't wait to pick up my own Z10 and try it out as soon as my carrier gets it. Hopefully your issues with the device get fixed sooner rather than later.
    04-26-13 02:19 AM
    Aside from no emails older than 30 days, I find it difficult to believe that you're using the same device. I really like the maps, and the turn by turn navigation has never steered me wrong.

Enjoy the Droid though. Whatever floats your boat.

Posted via CB10
    Guess you can't read. Oh well.

Husband, I meant. If I were her, I'd go back to Droid. Sounds like an awful experience she's had. Much different from my own and from that of a couple of other former droid users I know.

Additionally, searching through the contents of emails works far better on the Z than it did on my S3. Once they sort the 30-day thing, there will be absolutely nothing to complain about with regard to email functionality.

I question the veracity of the review. Something smells.

Posted via CB10
    Much more unbiased than the official Crackberry reviews of the Q and Z10.

As for maps, I actually prefer them to Google Maps. The interface is different, but I love the way they steer me around traffic. Searching for a dry cleaner or Italian restaurant always brings up many options. My saved places are incredibly convenient -- finding my way home from anywhere has never been easier. Oh, and I am delighted to not have Google tracking my every move.

As for reliability of hardware, try using an S3 for a few months -- what a complete POS! Not only will you have to charge it up twice a day, but due to the cheap chipsets and icky software, you'll lag and freeze with great regularly. I don't know about other droid, but the S3 is truly a study in suckiness.

The clock is anything but rudimentary on the Z. It has a world clock that integrates with other apps. If you need multiple alarms, set up recurring events in your calendar. I mean, duh...

Oh, and the browser on the Z blows away any other mobile browser at the moment. The OP seems utterly clueless in her blas dismissal.

And let's talk about UI. What used to be a button click, a tap or two and a swipe is now just a swipe and maybe a tap. Further to that, I can get right back to what I was doing after answering an important message. Try racing a droid user at a specific multitask. Answer an incoming text while on a call, then Google something just for giggles. You'll finish minutes ahead of then in most cases.

I find it difficult to believe that the OP actually used the Z. There are too many tells. All three people I know (including myself) who came from droid are blown away by how far superior this thing is.

Posted via CB10
    Google Maps kicks BB maps ***. That has to be understood for BlackBerry to improve. It's a decent first gen offering, but they can't think it's fantastic, because it isn't. No proper search or database, no transit, no use.

Just tested searching through content of emails by looking for a phrase that I knew was in an email I had received a couple weeks ago. Two letters into the second word, the email was right at the top of the list.

Anybody complaining about search has definitely not used this thing. For in-device searching, it's nothing short of astounding.

Posted via CB10
    Again, you obviously can't read.

As a side note, everyone saying that the more than 30 day thing is fixed, might want to hold off until they've tried the Q10 and/or 10.1
    Kevin, in his Q10 review, had a single line saying Gmail and everything works just wonderfully now with the 30 day limit removed.

He may be right, but his reviews are some of the most biased and misleading I've ever read.
    And some people are saying that the more than 30 day thing is for ActiveSync only, with IMAP functionality coming 'soon'.
    If this is the case, anyone getting a Q10 and setting up a new Gmail account is going to be crippled with exactly the same functionality, 30 days only.
    Guess we will see when the devices get in people's hands.
    Really wish this site would promote more unbiased reviews like the OPs.
    kevinnugent, JR A, Drew808 and 9 others like this.
    04-26-13 02:45 AM
    Great review, I agree with everything except that I'm loving the navigation on it. Works perfectly for me but maybe it is a regional issue.

To be fair, my previous phone was a windows phone 7, so my benchmark is with their maps/ navigation.

Posted via Z10
    04-26-13 03:09 AM
    Don't know why people get so uptight when people post reviews with bad experiences, it's only going to help BlackBerry improve (if they listen of course) . And another thing, this OS is going on 3 months, which took about 2+ years to build, going up against other platforms which took the same amount of time to build but had about 7 + years to mature. And I know the average consumer won't look at it that way but just saying.

Posted via CB10
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    04-26-13 05:27 AM
    Will the real estate person return when the 30 day limit is removed in a few weeks? Also, if her firm ran an Exchange server she would be able to search for email from the begging of what it has stored. Google saw no need to add such indexing for whatever reason.

As to the faults of the SO's phone, a simple swap for a new Z10 would very likely have corrected them. As is demonstrated by your Z10, it is not a design flaw but more likely a build or OS load flaw.

It is clear with talent and experience the camera makes very good photos. Perhaps the settings trade-offs BB made are not what you are accustom to. That does not mean it is bad, they just had a different idea about what is important than HTC does. I prefer some noise to noise reduction smearing myself but, some may like the distortion added by overaggressive noise reduction.

I searched BBW for the word Navigation. I've given up counting how many apps there are for that function. Yes, many of them are specialty apps but, it seems likely you could find something to your liking. Although BB Maps is fine for me with imaginative use of the search function. But I don't want to say "they are holding it wrong" as that sounds like an excuse for poor design.
    04-26-13 07:15 AM

As for maps, I actually prefer them to Google Maps. The interface is different, but I love the way they steer me around traffic. Searching for a dry cleaner or Italian restaurant always brings up many options. My saved places are incredibly convenient -- finding my way home from anywhere has never been easier. Oh, and I am delighted to not have Google tracking my every move.

As for reliability of hardware, try using an S3 for a few months -- what a complete POS! Not only will you have to charge it up twice a day, but due to the cheap chipsets and icky software, you'll lag and freeze with great regularly. I don't know about other droid, but the S3 is truly a study in suckiness.

The clock is anything but rudimentary on the Z. It has a world clock that integrates with other apps. If you need multiple alarms, set up recurring events in your calendar. I mean, duh...

Oh, and the browser on the Z blows away any other mobile browser at the moment. The OP seems utterly clueless in her blas dismissal.

And let's talk about UI. What used to be a button click, a tap or two and a swipe is now just a swipe and maybe a tap. Further to that, I can get right back to what I was doing after answering an important message. Try racing a droid user at a specific multitask. Answer an incoming text while on a call, then Google something just for giggles. You'll finish minutes ahead of then in most cases.

I find it difficult to believe that the OP actually used the Z. There are too many tells. All three people I know (including myself) who came from droid are blown away by how far superior this thing is.

Posted via CB10
    It was a fair review based on her experience. If you experienced something different then that's fine but there's no reason to be rude or question her honesty.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:43 AM
    Amazing review. Really enjoyed reading it more than I enjoy playing with my z10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-26-13 07:58 AM
301 1234 ...