I don't know if anyone can answer this but in order to send a text does it matter if a 1 is put in front of the area code? For example, 18885550000. I recently added someone's number to my phone again and when I added them to my address book, I put the 1 in front of the area code. I'm wondering if this could possibly be a reason they did not receive my text. I wouldn't think it would matter but if my Blackberry was reading it has an 11 digit number instead of a 10 digit number could it be possible the message was not successfully sent?
    06-26-10 08:37 PM
    cell phones automatically add the 1 you dont have to add it to your contacts. works fine for me i never add the 1
    06-26-10 08:39 PM
    I understand not having the 1 shouldn't be a problem. But because I did have the 1 in there, is it most likely my text was never received by the person that I sent it to?
    06-26-10 08:45 PM
    have you tried resending the text without the 1 in the number? let me test it right now
    06-26-10 08:46 PM
    wierd it worked for me
    06-26-10 08:48 PM
    i never use a "1" before an area code when texting or calling. its a country code for any country in the North American Number Plan. any country that uses its format (mexico, canada, united states and 16 carribean countries), you dont need the "1" in front of the standard 10 digit number if you are also in one of those countries.
    06-26-10 09:06 PM
    At least with Verizon all the global blackberry devices have a 1 in front of the number. I used to have the Tour it doesn't do it on my Curve because it isn't global. it should still work without a problem........
    06-26-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD