I know I've posted a thread similar to this thread, but I still can't seem to figure out why my phone is leaking 1,000,000 bytes every hour or so. It's driving me insane. I deleted unwanted pictures and ringtones. I have pretty much the bare necessities when it comes to my phone.

And on my application switcher...BB messenger, home screen, call logs, PTT , messages, and browser are the only apps running.

And still a 1,000,000 byte leak or more. Do you think maybe it's because I'm running a today plus theme? On an 8700c.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the theme didn't affect file free while it was running.

It's frustrating. I'm a complete freak when it comes to having available memory and my blackberry completely running smooth. 1,000,000 bytes is almost like an appendage!
    01-22-09 07:34 PM
    Themes can cause memory leaks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 07:40 PM
    The theme I use currently is a today plus theme that was made to look exactly like the BOLD.

Maybe this theme is what's causing the leak but I like today themes. They keep my calendar and messages all on my home screen.....ugh and I can't seem to find any free today themes on good no matter how hard my tired eyes look!
    01-22-09 07:57 PM
    01-22-09 08:03 PM
    Have you tried a different theme or something default to see if the leak still persists? That would help you narrow it down.
    01-22-09 08:04 PM
    The theme I use currently is a today plus theme that was made to look exactly like the BOLD.

Maybe this theme is what's causing the leak but I like today themes. They keep my calendar and messages all on my home screen.....ugh and I can't seem to find any free today themes on good no matter how hard my tired eyes look!
    Why don't you try a different today theme for a day or so and see if you have the same re-occuring problem? I mean, if you're running apps are all you said, then you need to try that as your last resort. Or maybe upgrade to a Bold
    01-22-09 08:04 PM
    I'm going to try using the stock today theme and then do a soft reset to reset my file free and see If I notice the leak. Because damn....any other suggestions would be very nice as well. I'm about to delete PTT off of my phone too using CrackMem. 300kb I could be using for something else. hah
    01-22-09 08:10 PM
    Ya I would say get rid of anything you don't use. Crackmem will help you out a lot
    01-22-09 08:17 PM
    Today themes use more file free than other themes I found out. Because they are constantly updating because of messages etc.

Does anyone honestly even use PTT on at&t? I mean come on. If you want a walkie talkie like feature just get nextel.

I just did a soft reset of my phone its at 32,000,000 file free (don't comment on my file free...like i said earlier im anal about these things)
    01-22-09 08:24 PM
    If you want a walkie talkie like feature just get nextel.
    That makes me wanna vomit lol
    01-22-09 08:29 PM
    Today themes use more file free than other themes I found out. Because they are constantly updating because of messages etc.

Does anyone honestly even use PTT on at&t? I mean come on. If you want a walkie talkie like feature just get nextel.

I just did a soft reset of my phone its at 32,000,000 file free (don't comment on my file free...like i said earlier im anal about these things)
    Proof of the first comment regarding Today themes?
    01-22-09 09:41 PM
    Ahhh I don't have an exact link of where I read that, but I changed the theme and the leak has definitely stopped. 31.3 I guess that theme leaks my memory BAD
    01-22-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD