I love my bold 9900 and my playbook . Always wanted a bold so I got one. Wanted a tablet ever since first saw the ipad but I hate apple products cos they don't do what I want them too do. Seriously an expensive toy like the itoy and you can't use bluetooth properly . C'mon apple.

I for one am happy the update is not coming till next year . Why?

1) Give the developers four more months to port apps or develop apps in time for launch. .
    2) Give RIMM four more months to improve the playbook even more
    3) Give us all something to look forward too for next year.

All we here in the damn news is doom and gloom . This is just another one . Thanks Kevin , you just depressed me for the rest of the year but let's all look forward to next year .

New 0S 2 and new bbx phones .

What ye all think ?.

BB for life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 08:00 PM
    Can they at least give it before Valentine's Day? I mean why February 17 (according to BGR)
    10-25-11 08:52 PM
    I disagree.

Well. I mean. I hope they give smaller OS Updates. Like 2.0 Beta 2. .

10-25-11 09:03 PM
    I know that there are a lot of people on here that love there playbooks, but I think it might be time for RIMM to pack up and focus solely on handsets. I mean, honestly, it just isn't working. There are a lot of reasons their handset business isn't as hot as it could be, but I wonder if their distraction with tablets isn't causing them to lose some of the focus on their phone business. Core competency. I know that in a normal world, they should be able to manage a tablet and smartphone business... but can they?

Again, no offense to the playbook crowd, but if I have to choose between having a playbook or a BB Bold, I will always pick the bold.
    10-25-11 09:20 PM
    I know that there are a lot of people on here that love there playbooks, but I think it might be time for RIMM to pack up and focus solely on handsets. I mean, honestly, it just isn't working. There are a lot of reasons their handset business isn't as hot as it could be, but I wonder if their distraction with tablets isn't causing them to lose some of the focus on their phone business. Core competency. I know that in a normal world, they should be able to manage a tablet and smartphone business... but can they?

Again, no offense to the playbook crowd, but if I have to choose between having a playbook or a BB Bold, I will always pick the bold.
    Why?
    The new handsets and PlayBook are all going to be running BBX. Developing for the PlayBook does not take away from future phones, and you don't have to choose between one or the other.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    10-25-11 10:49 PM
    Why?
    The new handsets and PlayBook are all going to be running BBX. Developing for the PlayBook does not take away from future phones, and you don't have to choose between one or the other.
    That's great news for developers. RIM, however, still has to build the product and the OS software, which they appear to be struggling mightily to accomplish.

The difference between Apple and RIM?

Apple debuts the iPad, and it is a finished product. A year later, they put out the second generation.

RIM debuts the Playbook, in a half baked state. Not only is a second generation no where to be found, but they are struggling to get the first generation up to speed by it's first anniversary.

Competency v. Incompetency.
    K Bear likes this.
    10-26-11 08:21 AM
    I love my bold 9900 and my playbook . Always wanted a bold so I got one. Wanted a tablet ever since first saw the ipad but I hate apple products cos they don't do what I want them too do. Seriously an expensive toy like the itoy and you can't use bluetooth properly . C'mon apple.

I for one am happy the update is not coming till next year . Why?

1) Give the developers four more months to port apps or develop apps in time for launch. .
    2) Give RIMM four more months to improve the playbook even more
    3) Give us all something to look forward too for next year.

All we here in the damn news is doom and gloom . This is just another one . Thanks Kevin , you just depressed me for the rest of the year but let's all look forward to next year .

New 0S 2 and new bbx phones .

What ye all think ?.

BB for life.

Why not just make it two years by that logic? That way they have two more years to improve the PlayBook and the developers will have much more time.
    10-26-11 08:31 AM
    That's great news for developers. RIM, however, still has to build the product and the OS software, which they appear to be struggling mightily to accomplish.

Apple debuts the iPad, and it is a finished product. A year later, they put out the second generation.

RIM debuts the Playbook, in a half baked state. Not only is a second generation no where to be found, but they are struggling to get the first generation up to speed by it's first anniversary.

I think they are guilty of wishful thinking but not incompetency. They abandoned the java player due to problems. C/C++ is different from Java. One is fully object oriented and the other, C++ has added some object oriented functionality. RIM decided the Java player was the easiest route to take. For one reason or another it didn't workout and they now have to go back and do what they should have done from the beginning.

The Android player works fine, the PB works fine, RIM knows how to do things but this transition and being in the spotlight is killing them. Mistakes are magnified.

Apple had ~5 years to develop the iphone sine RIM came out with theirs. And they did it with an OS that was familiar to them. RIM is transitioning to the new OS at the same time launching new products. Different times and circumstances.
    10-26-11 10:30 AM

RIM puts out several new phones every year.
    Apple puts out the iPhone 4 waits 18 months and puts out a refresh.
    Apple's normal development cycle is 1 year for the iPhone. You would think that would be an easy target to hit for a refresh. What happened this year? With S.J. being so sick since the iPhone 4, maybe Apple was already feeling the effects of life without Jobs.
    I'm not very optimistic about future iPhone products.
    10-26-11 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD