New update and still X Icon when sending to any non BlackBerry user, iOS or Android. Only BBM with BlackBerry users. It's been over a week now. No fix. Update didn't resolve. Any ideas?

Posted via my BATBerry Z10
    02-13-14 03:24 PM
    Sorry to say but I can contact non-blackberry users

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    02-13-14 03:35 PM
    Yes. It's disappointing.

02-13-14 03:42 PM
    Same for me as well! Update installed today and I'm back to getting my red X when I try to send to my wife's iPhone. I was hoping that BBM 2.0 would fix it!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:54 PM
    Same here after update to BBM 10.3.3.68 (equivalent to BBM 2.0 for iOS / Android) I have again the X mark and can't send messages to contacts with iPhones... but I want to keep BBM 10.3 installed and find the root cause of this problem. Do you guys have official BB10 os installed or a leaked version? Currently I'm running a leak of 10.2.1 since T-Mobile is still stuck on 10.1 and I wonder having a BB10 leaked installed has something to do with it, since if I remove the T-Mobile SIM card and use only WiFi (without the SIM card) BBM works cross-platform...
    02-13-14 04:05 PM
    I haven't been able to send messages for about a week now either. Newest update didn't fix it...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:05 PM
    I'm on AT&T With leaked 10.2.1. All else works great. It also worked before with the leak. Stopped about a week ago. Not sure. Frustrating that I've got to use WhatsApp.

02-13-14 04:22 PM
    I am on Verizon with a Z10 running the Official Verizon 10.2.1.1925 update that was downloaded and installed OTA on their release date. Prior to that, I was however running the 10.2.1.1925 leak.

I temporarily fixed my issue with the crossplatform BBM messages not sending by reinstalling an older version of BBM via Sachesi and then letting it update it again through the Beta Zone app. I was hoping by using the update through Blackberry World it would continue to work, but that wasn't the case.
    02-13-14 04:53 PM
    Thanks I'll play with sachesi tonight. Tho probably I'll just keep using WhatsApp until BlackBerry fixes it or AT&T officially releases OS. Guess BBM will have to wait. Not in my priorities list right now. Leaked OS is just too good to switch back to 10.1 cause of BBM.

02-13-14 05:01 PM
    The only thing you would give up by fixing it is the updated version of BBM. You wouldn't have to reinstall the entire OS, just the bar files for BBM app.
    02-13-14 05:15 PM
    Oh OK. Thanks. I could definitely do that. Thank you very much for the insight.

02-13-14 05:24 PM
    Here is a really quick write up on the workaround for the BBM problem with crossplatform messages not working for some users. I originally got this information from a post here in the BBM Central forum and it was posted by Tetonica. I had to tweak the steps to ones that worked for me, but I sure hope this will help someone else that was frustrated by the Red X.
    • I put my phone into Airplane Mode
    • Have Sachesi 1.1.2 downloaded (using a Windows7 pc) and ready to run
    • Connect to pc via USB and run Sachesi (best to right click and "Run As Administrator")
    • Go to Install Tab (far right) and make sure you are on the Apps tab (not Log tab)
    • Click refresh button to populate the list of Apps
    • Scroll down the list and look for the "sys.bbm app"
    • Check the box in front of it
    • Click the trash can icon to delete it
    • Restart the phone (I used top button and chose restart)
    • I had downloaded the .bar file BBM for 10.2.1.27 version
    • Click on the Install ".bar(s)" button on top and select the .bar file for the previous version of BBM
    • Once you select the file it should automatically start installing it. (You can also use the drag and drop method for installing if you wish) It will also tell you when the update is complete.
    • Restart your phone once again (I used top button method)
    • If you refresh your apps tab again it should show that you successfully downgraded to whichever version you had to install for BBM - in my case it is 10.2.1.27
    • Turn off airplane mode and click on BBM - it should send you through BBM setup and restore your BBM information
    • An attempt to send a cross platform BBM message to my wife's iphone 5 failed yet again.
    • I opened up the Beta Zone App and the BBM Channels app (version 10.2.20.68 from October 30, 2013) appeared in my Available list, I clicked on it and selected Upgrade.
    • It downloads and installs the app and you can run BBM again and send to iOS and Android users
    soyMisael likes this.
    02-13-14 06:29 PM
    Here is a really quick write up on the workaround for the BBM problem with crossplatform messages not working for some users. I originally got this information from a post here in the BBM Central forum and it was posted by Tetonica. I had to tweak the steps to ones that worked for me, but I sure hope this will help someone else that was frustrated by the Red X.
    • I put my phone into Airplane Mode
    • Have Sachesi 1.1.2 downloaded (using a Windows7 pc) and ready to run
    • Connect to pc via USB and run Sachesi (best to right click and "Run As Administrator")
    • Go to Install Tab (far right) and make sure you are on the Apps tab (not Log tab)
    • Click refresh button to populate the list of Apps
    • Scroll down the list and look for the "sys.bbm app"
    • Check the box in front of it
    • Click the trash can icon to delete it
    • Restart the phone (I used top button and chose restart)
    • I had downloaded the .bar file BBM for 10.2.1.27 version
    • Click on the Install ".bar(s)" button on top and select the .bar file for the previous version of BBM
    • Once you select the file it should automatically start installing it. (You can also use the drag and drop method for installing if you wish) It will also tell you when the update is complete.
    • Restart your phone once again (I used top button method)
    • If you refresh your apps tab again it should show that you successfully downgraded to whichever version you had to install for BBM - in my case it is 10.2.1.27
    • Turn off airplane mode and click on BBM - it should send you through BBM setup and restore your BBM information
    • An attempt to send a cross platform BBM message to my wife's iphone 5 failed yet again.
    • I opened up the Beta Zone App and the BBM Channels app (version 10.2.20.68 from October 30, 2013) appeared in my Available list, I clicked on it and selected Upgrade.
    • It downloads and installs the app and you can run BBM again and send to iOS and Android users
    Now that's the kind of helpful information that encourages. Really really appreciate your time and efforts. I will work this and do it in a few minutes. I'll post my findings. Once again thank you very much. 2AD6584D that's my pin. Thanks once again.

02-13-14 07:54 PM
    Glad that it worked for you!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:37 PM
    still not working for me....this is frustrating and no I don't want to do the sachesi thing looks like a lot of work, either a walkaround, I want my bbm back working like it's supposed, is being painful they are giving me another reason to leave blackberry and go to android in full...Z10 on AT&T...os 10.2.1.1925 softrel 10.2.1.537 stl-100-3 bbm 10.3.3.68

Posted Via CB10 - Z10 Os 10.2.1.1925
    02-13-14 10:57 PM
    X Icon-2014_02_14_04_48_12_edit.jpg

02-13-14 10:58 PM
    First of all Thank You Matt for your help and guidance. I have my Bbm back. Much appreciated it and grateful. Owe you one buddy.

02-13-14 11:13 PM
    Juan I'm also on AT&T. Basically same os and set up as yours. The sachesi process is actually quick. Took me about 5 minutes to do. Honestly. Very worth the effort. It's really not a blackberry fault but more ATT for not giving us the support and OS that we deserve and need. Give it a shot buddy, you won't regret it. I'm happy.

02-13-14 11:15 PM
    I'll take your word will try it then tomorrow but im not a sachesi user so let's see how I do....Thanks for the heads up...I'll give feedback tomorrow....

02-13-14 11:26 PM
    Let me know. I posted my pin in a previous reply. Feel free to add me if you need help.

02-14-14 01:19 AM
    and I was preparing everything to do the sachesi thing and like everyday test the bbm to see if the redbox apears and walla is fixed, and I haven't do a thing....lol...i add you to do some more tests....thanks for the tips, but no need to do nothing of that....

02-14-14 08:19 AM