Previously we could only use an email address to register a BBID so I had no choice but to use my email address. Then years later we can use our phone number to register our BBID to make it easier for friends to discover me.

Not having any news from BlackBerry and also the directions I decided that connecting to friends is more important on a chat app so i used my phone number to register a BBID and asked my friends to switch over to the new ID. As a consequence some added me and some deleted BBM and asked me to use WhatsApp or WeChat.

The other problem I faced was that using a phone number as my BBID barred me from using the BBM Channels management console. So all posting has to come via the phone. This can be pretty daunting sometimes as I want to synchronise my postings via BBM Channels, Facebook, LinkedIn and so on.

Now since BBM allows us to update a phone number if we used an email to register a BBID, I have tried to see if I can register my email to the current BBID. To my horror and no surprise I'm not able to.

A few days ago I have just ordered 1,000 business cards to be printed together with my existing BBM PIN on it.

Now I'm at a crossroads to decide if I should delete my BBID using email and then consolidate both and waste the 1,000 business cards arriving in a few days. Or continue with the current BBM pin and wait for the possibility of updating my email into my current BBM PIN.
    02-21-17 04:24 AM
    Rough.

I don't know what to tell you... maybe send a message to BBM support to see if they are aware of the lack of this feature (as it seems like a fairly simple oversight to me).

I'd stick with the setup you have now - even if all of your info isn't linked to your BBID, at least it's all up-to-date. If you've included your pin on your business cards, doesn't that mean people don't need to use your email to find you on BBM?
    03-05-17 06:56 PM