I just picked up my Priv. Overall, not bad, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of BBM video chat. Coming from the Passport, I assumed that this would be baked into the Priv, but no....

Are there any indications that BlackBerry will support video for BBM on Android and iOS?
    01-01-16 12:00 PM
    Everyone has been wondering but BlackBerry hasn't said anything about it. I was shocked that they launched their first Android device and didn't beef up their Android version of BBM. Fingers crossed that it's coming, but I couldn't spend that much on a Priv and give up this feature. I am all ready upset about the terrible speaker on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 11:54 PM
    I wait until it comes with video chat.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:23 AM
    I honestly don't see it coming out anytime soon...or even ever for that matter.

BBM has been on Android for quite some time. Before it had launched, BlackBerry had advertised that BBM Video would be available. Still nothing. It can't be that hard to do. Especially since they had BBM Meetings which would work cross platform, so that option is there.

As time goes on, BBM is at a stand still. Sticker packs, and subscription features are not useful updates. Give it some time, and BBM won't be taken seriously.

On a side note, I have been playing around with Google Hangouts a bit lately, and it's kind of growing on me. Might be worth looking into...
    01-04-16 08:25 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 12:55 AM
    I honestly don't see it coming out anytime soon...or even ever for that matter.

BBM has been on Android for quite some time. Before it had launched, BlackBerry had advertised that BBM Video would be available. Still nothing. It can't be that hard to do. Especially since they had BBM Meetings which would work cross platform, so that option is there.
    You are right about BBM meetings but I think this shows there is a cost to run such a video service and I think they don't want to finance it.

I think it would be a valid argument that having video will make BBM more popular and cover the costs of running the service but... hey I don't run BlackBerry