Just curious. Hate to see such a great tool wasted.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-13 02:07 AM
    No. Just... no.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 02:17 AM
    Is it in the plan though? Somehow I have the impression that BBRY is Ok to release BBM to other platforms now.
    03-03-13 02:25 AM
    I highly doubt bbm will ever go to iOS let alone android. What does iOS share with other platforms? Nothing
    03-03-13 02:32 AM
    The only even remote possibility I can see is making it available to corporate clients through Balance.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:03 AM
    It's a possibility since if U guys could recall, thor mentioned that if Z10 is a success, BB could possibly release BB10 to other smartphone manufacturers.
    03-03-13 03:07 AM
    bbm to android and iphone over monthly subscription basis !!
    they gonna earn lots n lots of money !!
    it wont effect the sales on bb10 as its going to provide it for free !!
    03-03-13 03:26 AM
    This cannot happen. Down at my school many had blackberry now its all this blackberry is going s*** or its to slow etc and now have switched over to iosbut guess what........... They keep there blackberry on them at all times aswell just for bbm therefore I know bbm is the only thing keeping many users with there blackberry
    03-03-13 04:06 AM
    It's a possibility since if U guys could recall, thor mentioned that if Z10 is a success, BB could possibly release BB10 to other smartphone manufacturers.
    That is to create devices totally different. They would allow HTC for example to pay BlackBerry to use their operating system on their phone type deal.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:09 AM
    No forgette it
    PiotrBB10 likes this.
    03-03-13 07:47 AM
    All cross-platform messaging apps such as Viber, WhatsApp and Kik are copies of BBM. As BBM is single platform, it can either be considered a USP or a millstone around BlackBerry's neck.
    It would be great to see it go cross-platform but would it be as secure? Possibly not.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:52 AM
    Wohaaa what people seem to forget it that BlackBerry installed this infrastructure and allows only BBM traffic over it because some percentage of the sale price of your phone is paying for this infrastructure. So unless they license it, in which case the "App" might not be free I see no co-mingling with other devices using BBM

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:12 AM
    Business wise it makes a lot of sense. We are talking about 100's of millions of potential customers. A yearly subscription fee for the best messaging app is something that would create tremendous revenue for BlackBerry and would finally bring all the ignorant iusers out of the dark !

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:20 AM
    Just curious. Hate to see such a great tool wasted.
    Are you saying it is wasted because it is on BlackBerry?
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-03-13 08:23 AM
    Why would BlackBerry put bbm on Android when Google won't put Google maps on BlackBerry?

Posted from my Dev Alpha
    03-03-13 08:24 AM
    Are you saying it is wasted because it is on BlackBerry?
    No, I am saying it's a waste for me because none of my family or close friends are on BBM, because they are on other platforms. And I believe this is the case for most of the BlackBerry users.

If BBRY likes to leverage the awesomeness of BBM, they need to get people to use it as much as possible. Pushing it to other platform is one of the options, which even though I can't remember where I read it but I did remember it was considered by BBRY recently.

Let me do a quick search...
    03-03-13 08:52 AM
    The idea was apparently axed by Thor in May, 2012.... How come I got this impression that he was talking about this idea again sometime in Q4, when we were all waiting for BB10 in the darkest times.
    03-03-13 09:03 AM
    No, it will not go cross platform and it shouldn't. Look at it this way.... when people made the switch to other platforms, the one thing they missed was BBM. Now that BB10 is here, and there is sooooo much more than just BBM, it's no longer the only thing people will love about their phones. BBM, especially now that it has video chat and screen share, is a major selling feature that will be a part of bringing people back, and attracting new people to the platform. To gain users of the platform is far more important than gaining users of other platforms to 1 feature.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-03-13 09:24 AM
    Have we heard what BBRY plans to do with their LiveProfile acquisition?
    03-03-13 09:39 AM
    I have a feeling that the Live Profile was a mistake since it was probably done by Jim Balsille who wanted to turn the company into services only and make BBM cross platform but those plan were scrapped by Thorsten.
    03-03-13 02:38 PM
    What is LiveProfile?
    03-03-13 03:34 PM
    What is LiveProfile?
    It's a cross platform messenger.
    03-03-13 03:47 PM
    Business wise it makes a lot of sense. We are talking about 100's of millions of potential customers. A yearly subscription fee for the best messaging app is something that would create tremendous revenue for BlackBerry and would finally bring all the ignorant iusers out of the dark !

Posted via CB10
    I doubt people on other platforms would pay for it. It doesn't have anything unique in high demand that other cross-platform messengers don't have (re: chat), and I don't think the videochat is enough of a differentiator, impressive as it is.

Why would BlackBerry put bbm on Android when Google won't put Google maps on BlackBerry?

Posted from my Dev Alpha
    Ah... but who needs who more?
    Donvald likes this.
    03-03-13 03:49 PM
    No, it will not go cross platform and it shouldn't. Look at it this way.... when people made the switch to other platforms, the one thing they missed was BBM. Now that BB10 is here, and there is sooooo much more than just BBM, it's no longer the only thing people will love about their phones. BBM, especially now that it has video chat and screen share, is a major selling feature that will be a part of bringing people back, and attracting new people to the platform. To gain users of the platform is far more important than gaining users of other platforms to 1 feature.
    Do you think that BBM, beefed up as it is, is strong enough of a feature to bring people back?

I am not arguing with you... just trying to pick your mind. Here is my thought: it is an excellent feature, but is it the platform feature?
    Donvald likes this.
    03-03-13 03:55 PM
    Do you think that BBM, beefed up as it is, is strong enough of a feature to bring people back?

I am not arguing with you... just trying to pick your mind. Here is my thought: it is an excellent feature, but is it the platform feature?
    No, definitely not by itself. The phone itself is great and stands alone in that factor and would attract new, and old users without it (in my opinion). I'm just saying that BBM is a great feature that you cannot find anywhere else and it is one major thing that those who have left, missed. And correct me if I'm wrong, can you screen share on any other platform? I really don't know but this seems to be really different and can come in really handy. Especially since you don't have to be on wifi to do so.
    03-03-13 04:09 PM
180 123 ...