Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree13Likes
  1. bluejae's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default will bbm ever allow sending more than 1 picture at a time?

    i find it very tedious to send multiple photos to a bbm contact... it should allow multiple attachments... and the receiver should have the ability to request HQ on the whole group of attachments if they want... having to send pictures 1 at a time is terrible...
  2. koves's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    334 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I couldn't agree more

    Posted via CB10
  3. NamelessStar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    had a thread on this before i started for feature requests lol this was my number one issue and only reason i still need whatsapp.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
  4. antikorr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    343 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    In another life I guess.
  5. lobbyintx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    611 Posts
    PIN
    280a8807
    #5  

    Default

    +1

    Posted via CB10
  6. blakobecwa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    525 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Yea its not like their innovating the idea. All they have to do is look at the competition and implement those features in BBM.

    HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3
  7. wg7
    wg7 is offline
    wg7's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    +1

    Posted via CB10
  8. Boots4283's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    PIN
    22F95520
    #8  

    Default

    You could zip up the photos

    Posted via CB10
  9. Btop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    104 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Funny I wondered what the hell was the matter with my Bbm. This morning I was sending my wife the kids first day of school pictures. Maybe we will get this in 10.3

    Posted via CB10
  10. FrankIAm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,585 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,587 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Btop View Post
    Funny I wondered what the hell was the matter with my Bbm. This morning I was sending my wife the kids first day of school pictures. Maybe we will get this in 10.3

    Posted via CB10
    Well, so far it's not happening. Sad.

    pin:2B7CAF06
  11. RegN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    780 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Finally made bigger file sizes so maybe multi selection will be next. I wish I could send a hq and then the recipient would have option to not take it. This going back to ask them to resend is a bit of a pain too. I guess in their defense I don't often need the hq as we are just sending snapshots

    Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
  12. valleyag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    579 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I couldn't agree more. We use it at work with all the employees. It's a major pain. Also I don't understand why when you hit the drop down box in the call log, it gives you the option to text the person but not BBM them?? What the hell. BBM should have been BlackBerry first thought

    Rockin Z30 on 10.3.0.1052 on AT&T
  13. n8ter#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,348 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,698 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegN View Post
    Finally made bigger file sizes so maybe multi selection will be next. I wish I could send a hq and then the recipient would have option to not take it. This going back to ask them to resend is a bit of a pain too. I guess in their defense I don't often need the hq as we are just sending snapshots

    Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    The issue isn't' that they don't send full files on first go, the issue is that the files send are so woefully compressed that the pictures are worthless in a majority of cases (at for me). Really, their take on photo sharing is pretty much an embarrassment these days. The workflow if fundamentally broken with the way [the vast majority of] people use devices these days and how people expect messaging apps to function. It takes too much work (on both ends) to share a decent photo.

    WhatsApp compresses photos, too, but they're at least decent resolution/quality on the receiving end, while the default on BBM is anything but that.
    sgosh likes this.
  14. sgosh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    715 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    The issue isn't' that they don't send full files on first go, the issue is that the files send are so woefully compressed that the pictures are worthless in a majority of cases (at for me). Really, their take on photo sharing is pretty much an embarrassment these days. The workflow if fundamentally broken with the way [the vast majority of] people use devices these days and how people expect messaging apps to function. It takes too much work (on both ends) to share a decent photo.

    WhatsApp compresses photos, too, but they're at least decent resolution/quality on the receiving end, while the default on BBM is anything but that.
    BBM is a very difficult product to get people to start using, if they didn't "grow up" using classic 'berries. I even have difficulties persuading my corporate chums, who carry work-issue blackberries, to use it! It seems everyone gets by with regular old SMS/MMS. Even THAT allows multiple-select / send of images (albeit with much bigger restrictions to file-size).
  15. ezapper2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,406 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejae View Post
    i find it very tedious to send multiple photos to a bbm contact... it should allow multiple attachments... and the receiver should have the ability to request HQ on the whole group of attachments if they want... having to send pictures 1 at a time is terrible...
    I've been complaining about this to the beta team for over a year now. It sucks when sending to a contact or group or even channel.

    This is why most people will use whatsapp. And I can't say no when they ask for multiple pictures because bbm can't do it.

    Posted via CB10
  16. Triniboyfella's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye shall receive!
    #16  

    Default

    I can send more than 1 pic at a time on the 10.6 beta version of bbm. Looks like we will get this when it is released to the public.

    Posted via CB10
    trinichindian likes this.
  17. ezapper2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,406 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniboyfella View Post
    I can send more than 1 pic at a time on the 10.6 beta version of bbm. Looks like we will get this when it is released to the public.

    Posted via CB10
    10.6 you say? I'm on beta too and never got this version. Interesting

    Edit: I take that back. It's in the beta zone

    Posted via CB10
  18. VR6
    VR6 is offline
    VR6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    They're going to add this feature right after they make it easy to post a picture in a group chat!

    Posted via CB10
  19. iamagod's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    361 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    They also need to make a way to view all sent files (be it photos or videos ettc) from a specific contact. In whatsapp you can tap the contacts name and it shows all the shared media under contact details.

    In bbm when you tap contact name it could have a 'Media' tab next to the "details", "feeds" and "apps" tabs. Its such a quicker way of finding specific media from your phone.

    Posted via CB10
  20. jaydee5799's Avatar

    Posts
    108,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    108,103 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me please
    #20  

    Default

    Beta bbm allows as many photos at a time as you want..I think one of my contacts sent 20 at once...its working really well.
    user5240 likes this.
  21. Amritv's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,030 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    release it to the public fast *dancing*

    Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
  22. LamarStarr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    933 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I want two more features from BBM: more than 1 emoticon and a way to see all media transferred.

    THEN.. and only then i will be satisfied with BBM and can happily promote to my friends

    Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
  23. Umaima_B_Dia's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,897 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,899 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Beta bbm allows as many photos at a time as you want..I think one of my contacts sent 20 at once...its working really well.
    Hopefully it turns gold soon!
    Waiting for this feature as well

    Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
  24. VR6
    VR6 is offline
    VR6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Beta bbm allows as many photos at a time as you want..I think one of my contacts sent 20 at once...its working really well.
    Does that mean they're working on picture sending in groups easier!?!

    Posted via CB10
  25. ahmedhanif911's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    It's in the beta

    BlackBerry Z10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BBM now on iPhone, windows phone & Android but what's next?
    By Blackberry_Boss in forum General BBM Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-14, 07:51 AM
  2. Is BlackBerry More Secure Than Android For the Non BES User?
    By shaleem in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-08-14, 02:20 AM
  3. BB10 becoming more popular in Trinidad (Caribbean)
    By SirJes in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 09:19 AM
  4. Will Verizon Z30 work on Sprint?
    By DNDPaigeRedial in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 08:32 AM
  5. Strange language of BBM channel
    By habibvalil in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions