Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By bluejae
  • 1 Post By n8ter#AC
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default will bbm ever allow sending more than 1 picture at a time?

i find it very tedious to send multiple photos to a bbm contact... it should allow multiple attachments... and the receiver should have the ability to request HQ on the whole group of attachments if they want... having to send pictures 1 at a time is terrible...
    Thanked by 4:
    bizzarothor (09-02-2014),  blakobecwa (08-06-2014),  Riaan Smit (08-05-2014),  sgosh (09-06-2014) 
    schmeat, blakobecwa, sgosh and 1 others like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I couldn't agree more

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

had a thread on this before i started for feature requests lol this was my number one issue and only reason i still need whatsapp.
    CrackBerry Abuser

In another life I guess.
    Z30 (STA100-2), OS 10.3.0.1418 (Radio 10.3.0.1419), MTS-Russia
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280a8807

+1

Posted via CB10
    pin: 2b09bd74
    Austin, Texas, USA

Started with a 7510 to a 8830 to a 9630 to a 9700 to a 9900....and now a Q10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yea its not like their innovating the idea. All they have to do is look at the competition and implement those features in BBM.

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3
    HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3
  7. wg7
    CrackBerry User

+1

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    PIN
    22F95520

You could zip up the photos

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Funny I wondered what the hell was the matter with my Bbm. This morning I was sending my wife the kids first day of school pictures. Maybe we will get this in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    288986cf

Quote Originally Posted by Btop View Post
    Funny I wondered what the hell was the matter with my Bbm. This morning I was sending my wife the kids first day of school pictures. Maybe we will get this in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Well, so far it's not happening. Sad.

pin:2B7CAF06
    CrackBerry Addict

Finally made bigger file sizes so maybe multi selection will be next. I wish I could send a hq and then the recipient would have option to not take it. This going back to ask them to resend is a bit of a pain too. I guess in their defense I don't often need the hq as we are just sending snapshots

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    Reg
    Q10 10.2.1.2141 official install now
    Bold 9900 (quit working)
    (Black Bold 9780 retired)
    16GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

I couldn't agree more. We use it at work with all the employees. It's a major pain. Also I don't understand why when you hit the drop down box in the call log, it gives you the option to text the person but not BBM them?? What the hell. BBM should have been BlackBerry first thought

Rockin Z30 on 10.3.0.1052 on AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RegN View Post
    Finally made bigger file sizes so maybe multi selection will be next. I wish I could send a hq and then the recipient would have option to not take it. This going back to ask them to resend is a bit of a pain too. I guess in their defense I don't often need the hq as we are just sending snapshots

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    The issue isn't' that they don't send full files on first go, the issue is that the files send are so woefully compressed that the pictures are worthless in a majority of cases (at for me). Really, their take on photo sharing is pretty much an embarrassment these days. The workflow if fundamentally broken with the way [the vast majority of] people use devices these days and how people expect messaging apps to function. It takes too much work (on both ends) to share a decent photo.

WhatsApp compresses photos, too, but they're at least decent resolution/quality on the receiving end, while the default on BBM is anything but that.
    sgosh likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    The issue isn't' that they don't send full files on first go, the issue is that the files send are so woefully compressed that the pictures are worthless in a majority of cases (at for me). Really, their take on photo sharing is pretty much an embarrassment these days. The workflow if fundamentally broken with the way [the vast majority of] people use devices these days and how people expect messaging apps to function. It takes too much work (on both ends) to share a decent photo.

WhatsApp compresses photos, too, but they're at least decent resolution/quality on the receiving end, while the default on BBM is anything but that.
    BBM is a very difficult product to get people to start using, if they didn't "grow up" using classic 'berries. I even have difficulties persuading my corporate chums, who carry work-issue blackberries, to use it! It seems everyone gets by with regular old SMS/MMS. Even THAT allows multiple-select / send of images (albeit with much bigger restrictions to file-size).