My BlackBerry people, how many of us really use this messenger?

I don't know many people with BlackBerry phones and the android and windows version is bombarded with bug issues.

Who really uses this? Do I have the wrong phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:45 AM
    Not using BBM would not mean you've got the wrong phone...
    09-07-14 12:06 PM
    My family including some nonBB users prefer BBM for functionality. We use the app daily for interpersonal communication. Chat groups and Channels are added benefits.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    imcurved likes this.
    09-07-14 12:30 PM
    Well maybe I just need to invest in more time and get to know bbm.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:32 PM
    I think so

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:11 PM
    Use it if it works for you. Otherwise, don't use it. Simple as that. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    dragyn451 likes this.
    09-07-14 06:33 PM
    Wow!!! Why didn't I think of that.

Thanks, buddy.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:42 PM

I don't know many people with BlackBerry phones and the android and windows version is bombarded with bug issues.

Posted via CB10
    I use it every day. Love it. Couldn't live without it
    imcurved likes this.
    09-07-14 07:50 PM
    I use it daily as well, a small circle of family and friends have BBM on Android, IPhone and BlackBerrys. We all like it quite well.
    imcurved likes this.
    09-07-14 08:05 PM
    My BBM contact list grows to eleven contacts. I use it everyday, file, pictures transfers, group chat, event planning, etc.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-07-14 08:13 PM
    You used to be able to add any contact to BBM even if it was someone you only texted with. Why did they remove that option? No one I know owns a blackberry and no one wants to be bothered to download BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:49 PM
    I use it daily to communicate. I go to school in the US and my family and girlfriend are in Canada so instead of getting international plans I just use BBM for chat, group chats, and voice are a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Best messaging app ever. Now that it's multi platform there is no need for anything else.

Nothing beats it.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-08-14 04:36 AM
    Every day. Because it works, and as long as my signal is good, it sends messages faster.

Plus the addition of voice calls and video calls. It's my ideal messenger.. Can it be improved? obviously, but it works superb for me as it is.
    09-08-14 05:45 AM
    I like it, but the BBID thing across devices limits my ability to use it.
    09-08-14 06:15 AM
    I rely on it a lot! Plus channels is awesome! It's my daily dosage of news and entertainment!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 06:23 AM
    I had lots of my friends try it, but now they pretty much went back to Whatsapp. My contact list right now is pretty much 5 people, while my whatsapp is 150 of which I talk regularly to about 20.
    09-08-14 07:39 AM
    Have to say that the quality for the Bb voice really makes any other voip look pathetic. Using a Lumia 930 now and wish they'd extend that to the BBM on Windows Phone. Right now its just a messaging app alone 😢
    09-08-14 05:29 PM
    I am a Navy Chief and we use it in our office to keep in touch and keep the information flowing. I am the only BlackBerry phone user in our group of 7 Chief's, but with cross platform we all are actively communicating on a daily basis with it. At first it was slow to get others on board, but one by one, as they learned, the use grew and it became a reliable tool. In the last two weeks we have brought in more of our fellow Chief's in the command. None are BlackBerry phone users but they all love the BBM.

I just visited the White House and Pentagon this past weekend. The staff we spoke with at the WH depend heavily on the BlackBerry phones and BBM. Pentagon too. BBM was the perfect way to stay in touch with people in such an enormous building, not to mention the ability to send, receive and read encrypted emails.

It took some time but as people use it and understand what it can do for them, BBM is the right answer for those who need to communicate quickly and efficiently.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    09-09-14 07:46 AM
    It's my only IM client. I use it because I can control who are my contacts unlike WhatsApp and how it works.
    09-09-14 09:12 PM
    Well it seems someone made a comment and OP never came back, you guys should go less aggressive on curious people

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 03:05 AM
    I just invited at least seven people I know to download bbm.

Every response was " what's bbm? " does BlackBerry not market this messenger?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:47 AM
    I've pushed it very hard in my work and social circles with a great degree of success. True, at first folks don't know what it is and may be hesitant about running another app but there are just too many great features. Now there are many who wouldn't be it any other way.

For me it has primarily been groups and multi person chats that sells folks. It gets the word out quick and fast responses when planning conferences or birthday parties. Much quicker and easier than any of the competition.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use the S**t out of bbm for chatting with friends and coworkers. Once you get someone on it and show them the features they think its fun

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-11-14 10:04 AM
    It's not fun if it doesn't work right.

Does anyone remember being able to add contacts to BBM even if you only texted with them? Regardless of the phone. Without them having to download the app?

Why was this feature removed?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:08 PM
29 12