I recently updated my Blackberry Curve to a Blackberry Classic. My coworker and I have had the classic for years and make great use of sending voice notes to one another. Now I am getting an error when trying to send a voice note using BBM. It says that "this contact isn't using a version of BBM that supports that feature." How can we fix this. Is there software that can be upgrade on the curve so that this works? How would this be done? Thanks for the help.
    02-03-16 11:04 AM
    I recently updated my Blackberry Curve to a Blackberry Classic. My coworker and I have had the classic for years and make great use of sending voice notes to one another. Now I am getting an error when trying to send a voice note using BBM. It says that "this contact isn't using a version of BBM that supports that feature." How can we fix this. Is there software that can be upgrade on the curve so that this works? How would this be done? Thanks for the help.
    OK, I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly, but.....
    You said you updated your Curve to a Classic, does that mean you turned off the BIS data plan on your Curve?
    If so, legacy BlackBerry device are required to have a BIS data plan activated in order for BlackBerry Services to be connected and used, of which is required for BBM on legacy devices.
    On top of that, for older Curves, you would also need to be connected to WiFi for the BBM Voice features to work.
    So:
    1. You must have BIS data plan and be connected to it, you will see the little BlackBerry spots symbol next to your signal bar..... AND
    2. You must have WiFi also connected.
    02-03-16 01:37 PM
    I'm not sure which phone you're using to send and which to receive, but I can tell you I was able to use BBM 8.5.3.9 on my Bold to send a voice note to my Passport.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-04-16 03:19 PM
    I was just able to send a voice note from my old 9320 to my Passport.
    Latest BlackBerry World versions available.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-06-16 06:06 PM