What is the point in asking people for reason why they use BBM over whatsapp, and then when someone gives you a reason, you say you don't care about it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-15-16 05:40 PM
    1. Connection via PIN instead of phone numbers
    2. Not owned by Facebook

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-15-16 05:43 PM
    i install the 2.16.80 beta version of Whatsapp and surprise surprise..

so i looked it up,

WhatsApp 2.16.80 Download Available with Video Call Options - Neurogadget

What's the use case for #BBM now WhatsApp has all the important features.-screenshot_20160516-122539.jpg
    05-16-16 11:30 AM
    1. Connection via PIN instead of phone numbers
    Yes, these are reasons why people don't want to use BBM. It's too difficult to connect to other people. What's happening point of a social media app when you can't connect to other people?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 10:42 AM
    WhatsCrap
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-17-16 12:56 PM
    Yes, these are reasons why people don't want to use BBM. It's too difficult to connect to other people. What's happening point of a social media app when you can't connect to other people?
    Huh..? "Too difficult to connect to other people"..? You send them your PIN, via any one of several ways. You don't even have to know it; BBM makes it easy to simply copy it to your clipboard. All I can say is you and I must have radically different definitions of "difficult."
    05-17-16 01:35 PM
    Blend is generally pretty slow and yes, it disconnect quite a lot. Even though it reconnects automatically, it's not a great implementation which is why I don't like using it.
    05-17-16 01:48 PM
    Shared Calender and task list. Being able to quote text in a reply during group chats. Glympse.

David Tyler and dusdal like this.
    05-17-16 02:35 PM
    Why can't #BBMgroup have more people?

Posted via CB10
    You mentioned you wanted a BBM Group with a 100 members. Out of curiousity, what would you use this for? And how effective do you think chatting simultaneously with 100 people really is? In my general experience, in different situations with different sizes of WhatsApp groups... less than 50% of the users of a group actually participate with the conversation. Those that do not participate when the conversation is happening, will also not read up on the previous messages when they see 10000+ new messages, but instead just skip it all.

So could you perhaps offer me some details about how this would work for you?
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-17-16 02:54 PM
    You mentioned you wanted a BBM Group with a 100 members. Out of curiousity, what would you use this for? And how effective do you think chatting simultaneously with 100 people really is? In my general experience, in different situations with different sizes of WhatsApp groups... less than 50% of the users of a group actually participate with the conversation. Those that do not participate when the conversation is happening, will also not read up on the previous messages when they see 10000+ new messages, but instead just skip it all.

So could you perhaps offer me some details about how this would work for you?
    If there is a high-grade limit for the number of participants I can then introduce BBM to my colleagues. I would need to use it at work, we have a sales team of approximately 100 people & growing.

We use WhatsApp to share information, company's circular, government regulations & also to discuss problems we face with clients & how to resolve them. I'm afraid that BBM is already a little too late for that now since WhatsApp already also us to share any form of documents via WhatsApp Group chat.

So now the only advantage that BBM has over WhatsApp is lists & group calendar.

I would suggest for BBM to be able to improve & possibly gain an advantage of WhatsApp is to include the following features in Group Chats;

- ability to comment on Videos & PowerPoint slides. This can be placed in the picture quadrant.

- improved Calendars features to allow people to confirm attendance of events.

- allow sub-group chats with possibility to opt out of a particular discussion.

- Group Video Chat like how Line or Google hangout does it.

Others I'm sure BBM will go into the abyss within the next year or so.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 09:05 AM
    If there is a high-grade limit for the number of participants I can then introduce BBM to my colleagues. I would need to use it at work, we have a sales team of approximately 100 people & growing.

We use WhatsApp to share information, company's circular, government regulations & also to discuss problems we face with clients & how to resolve them. I'm afraid that BBM is already a little too late for that now since WhatsApp already also us to share any form of documents via WhatsApp Group chat.

So now the only advantage that BBM has over WhatsApp is lists & group calendar.
    So, I am till curious as to how it works. You have a sales team of 100 people. But how many are actually active and regularly participating in your discussions? Just because someone is in the group and their status says "read", does not at all mean that all users are effectively using it. I mean, if all your 100 sales representatives are chatting away at a shared discussion, when do they actually sell?

I would not mind if BBM Groups got a bigger number of users, but I really doubt that it is effective or useful. I already find groups of 20 to be too large for any effective discussion. Imagine 100 people chatting about a problem one of you is facing at the same time. The new messages would follow each other up way too quickly for you to actually read!

But maybe you can convince me otherwise?
    05-19-16 11:24 AM
    So, I am till curious as to how it works. You have a sales team of 100 people. But how many are actually active and regularly participating in your discussions? Just because someone is in the group and their status says "read", does not at all mean that all users are effectively using it. I mean, if all your 100 sales representatives are chatting away at a shared discussion, when do they actually sell?

I would not mind if BBM Groups got a bigger number of users, but I really doubt that it is effective or useful. I already find groups of 20 to be too large for any effective discussion. Imagine 100 people chatting about a problem one of you is facing at the same time. The new messages would follow each other up way too quickly for you to actually read!

But maybe you can convince me otherwise?
    If your company uses a group chat to communicate with you, I think it is smart to read the messages sent through the group otherwise you will be left out of the important information.

It's better to use a group chat rather than email because there will be immediate interaction amongst the other people involved. At least you get immediate response or solution to do whatever it is required by the company faster.

In many cases emails are just not adequate.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-20-16 07:27 PM
    Imagine 100 people chatting about a problem one of you is facing at the same time.
    Oh, let's not...

How often does one actually need to share business critical information with more than a few people..? Relative to the number of times people get annoyed with other correspondents needlessly using "reply all," I'd say "Not often at all."

-- and if it's a actually proprietary business chat, why on Earth would you use WhatsApp?

05-21-16 12:27 PM
    Oh, let's not...

How often does one actually need to share business critical information with more than a few people..? Relative to the number of times people get annoyed with other correspondents needlessly using "reply all," I'd say "Not often at all."

-- and if it's a actually proprietary business chat, why on Earth would you use WhatsApp?

Hey I totally agree with you man. That is the reason why I tried to get in a discussion with that other user, but he/she did not really get my point. I really really do not believe chat can be an effective way of communication with large groups, especially if information is vital.

And yes absolutely, why use WhatsApp for business purposes! In my country, WhatsApp is the number 1 chat app for everyone. It is very hard to get by without, which is why I still have it. Nobody wants to switch. And the inappropriate work-related usage of it annoys the hell out of me too... /rant
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-21-16 01:15 PM
    If your company uses a group chat to communicate with you, I think it is smart to read the messages sent through the group otherwise you will be left out of the important information.

It's better to use a group chat rather than email because there will be immediate interaction amongst the other people involved. At least you get immediate response or solution to do whatever it is required by the company faster.

In many cases emails are just not adequate.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, YOU think it is smart to read the messages, but my argument is that not everybody thinks like that and there will be plenty users that will just skip on the many messages received in a group chat. This has been my experience over and over again. And I have quite a few WhatsApp groups (unfortunately).

And I sure hope your company has a better data policy than using WhatsApp for business related communication...
    05-21-16 01:16 PM
    Oh, let's not...

The answer is everyday.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 01:42 PM
    Yes, YOU think it is smart to read the messages, but my argument is that not everybody thinks like that and there will be plenty users that will just skip on the many messages received in a group chat. This has been my experience over and over again. And I have quite a few WhatsApp groups (unfortunately).

And I sure hope your company has a better data policy than using WhatsApp for business related communication...
    Let's put it this way. If #BBM doesn't provide for at least 100 users in the group chat, they are not even going to look at it. This will be an easier nail to hammer into #BBM coffin. It's just that simple.

I really don't see what's wrong with providing for it when it's main competition is doing it.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 01:46 PM
    They do. In multi-chat

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 01:58 PM
    They do. In multi-chat

Posted via CB10
    What's the point of multi-person chat? There is no advantage of using it as compared to WhatsApp Group Chat.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 02:21 PM
    The point is so that you can have 100 people chatting together, as you have requested.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 02:37 PM
    The answer is everyday. Posted via CB10
    If you're comfortable using WhatsApp for business -- knock yourself out. I'm not; and something else "I'm not" is sure what was the purpose of your original post.
    05-25-16 02:45 PM
    There is no advantage of using it as compared to WhatsApp Group Chat.
    So... what? You like WhatsApp. FINE. USE WHATSAPP. Anything else?
    05-25-16 02:47 PM
    Let's put it this way. If #BBM doesn't provide for at least 100 users in the group chat, they are not even going to look at it. This will be an easier nail to hammer into #BBM coffin. It's just that simple.

I really don't see what's wrong with providing for it when it's main competition is doing it.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, they can add it. I am not against it. I just don't see any use for it and you still haven't really given me any serious arguments for it.
    What is the real reason you started this thread anyway? You seem to have drawn your conclusions before you started this... and you know, if you think WhatsApp is better... that is pretty okay. But why bother with making a thread..?
    05-25-16 04:01 PM
    Honestly I hate WhatsApp but #BBM is not giving me the bullets to get my colleagues to switch to #BBM. #BBM has all the important features but they are not available on Group Chats that's why they won't switch over.

BBM also cannot accommodate my colleagues as they set a small limit to the number of participants in Group chats. We also ;

- can't share documents in Group chats - now WhatsApp can

- can't share videos in Group chats and this is a very important tool for us to use to motivate each other. Dunno why BBM refused to have this.

- We also can't do group video chat on BBM Group but Line can. This is a very important feature as sales people we are always in the road and it's difficult to get in the same room for discussion and meetings. This feature will soon be available on WhatsApp.

So if #BBM provides these features we can sell the usage of BBM to our friends and colleagues. Now we have nothing to tell them to come over.

The fact that I just bought a Samsung, I have 20 friends & family deleting BBM because they refuse to use BBM amongst themselves. They only use BBM with me. I hate to see such beautiful technology die but if they don't help themselves I will have to give up too.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 08:28 PM
    Not sure why you don't think BBM can't share documents or videos. It can.

I usually put a document into a service like Dropbox or Google drive and share the link. Sending attachments means creating copies of the document or video instead of sharing the original.

David Tyler likes this.
    05-25-16 09:35 PM
73 123