Don't know if it's me but BlackBerry has a tendency to launch new products and services and then forget all about them! BBM Channels was launched with much fanfare a year and a half ago. We got a couple of updates and ended up with the search bar being tucked away in the overflow menu... I'm no expert, but I don't think that's the way a "social network" is supposed to work. Also, the same channels keep getting featured week after week and surprisingly, most of them are "verified" (yes, I know they're according to a specific region but it's suspicious nonetheless).
    There are loads of great features that could be added to make the experience more immersive and informative:
    1. An inbuilt video player (WhatsApp just added this feature a couple of months ago)
    2. A categories section. Searching for channels will become way easier.
    3. Schedule posts. Kind of like Hootsuite.
    4. The ability to edit those embarrasing auto corrections.
    5. Multiple admins.

Posted via CB10
    sirfly2fly likes this.
    10-09-14 09:27 AM
    Agreed on all points but #1. What's the advantage of an inbuilt player. The auto open browser works great in channels.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:46 AM
    I'm also waiting for some enhancements, there's so much potential
    10-09-14 10:01 AM
    It's been like 6 months with no major update and apparently BBM isn't getting cross platform video chat for consumers until next year.

These improvements seriously need to come much quicker....i suspect though that it's taking awhipe because they have to redo the IOS and Android Bbm apps in a native look

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:55 AM
    3. Schedule posts. Kind of like Hootsuite.
    4. The ability to edit those embarrasing auto corrections.
    5. Multiple admins.

Posted via CB10
    These! Please The auto scheduling would really help while creating channel content and making it consistent when posting. I'd also like to try some new ideas with a new channel but not until I can co-admin to manage the work load and contribute to the creativity.
    10-13-14 01:50 PM