What Features Would you Like to See in Next BBM Update?
Since there is a thread already on BB10 software update, I said why not make one for BBM since it is very important use to us in our daily life. Hopefully, BlackBerry will take a look at this and read our posts as well.
- Better performance and quality on sending/receiving images
- No size limitations on sending files/videos/attachments/etc.
- Needs to fix status updates while in Active Frame view (somehow there is an issue with it, it's not that much accurate)
- Keyboard must be disabled while first viewing a conversation from a contact to comfortably read in full-screen and when needed to show up the keyboard screen by pressing it in the field
- Display X amount of status updates and the ability to clear them all
- 03-02-13, 06:08 PM #2
Fix the display picture sizing you cannot crop like legacy software.Its a pain whats the point of pinch and zoom when I cant even make the pic smaller just cause it dont fit in the box thats fail.
Update history needs legacy options of clear history and where we see only 5-30 recent updates not whole history like now.Because of the whole history view the active frame is kind of useless it displays old updates from hours ago thats useless still have to hop in bbm and see updates.Sort it out.
Get the damn GIF support universal support.
Fix the status box you have to scroll up and down when you write a status message why dont the box grow like legacy OS?.
Put back display picture and text preview would be nice to confirm status/pic changes instead of just doing it cause I made changes.
Add the option to use image editor at the display picture option.Its a no brainer in allowing the editor most use pictures come on.
Last edited by RECOOL; 03-02-13 at 08:11 PM.
- 03-04-13, 12:26 PM #6
1.BBM need to be re-designed it look like it's made for beta tester no attractive colors like what it used to be in BB7 and older Blackberries ..
2.we need the ability to confirm our changes ( Display picture and status )
3.of course we need select all button for broadcast ..
4.we need BBM to support emotions apps like fancy smiley , easy smile pack , .. etc .. Cuz when you download it it open as an app and you have to copy the emotion and paste it in the conversation ..
5. The chat history feature sucks here we need like the old one + we want the ability to chose where it's going to be saved ( SD Card or Device )
6. zoom out when putting a display picture cuz we can only zoom in right now
7.No size limit for sharing files
8.Keyboard disabled while first view of the conversation
9. Multi BBM video and voice call ,, i think this would be great like 2-4 people in a video chat or voice chat
Exactly! I'm having the same problem as Alooi Divona with the Arabic language. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Also here's a couple of few stuff I noticed today...
- Needs to fix those lags all over BBM such as while opening and leaving a conversation chat
- The ability to select (and send to all) contacts while sending a broadcast message
- Emoji support for BBM
- BBM Money for the Middle East support
- BBM Groups and its settings needs to be stabilized and fixed, seems to be pretty buggy especially when changing the settings it will automatically reset to default when resetting the device or closing the BBM app itself
- 03-04-13, 11:09 PM #9
- CrackBerry Master
03-05-13, 04:51 AM #10
- 1,110 Posts
1)They need to fix the BBM Avatar issue as half my contacts don't have pictures when in reality they do (anyone else facing this problem?)
2) The non stop recent updates and the non stop "person x changed their display picture when they're not really changing and are still showing the silhouette of a male man.
- 03-07-13, 05:17 AM #16
faced an issue this morning i was chatting in BBM i deleted the conversation inside the BBM but it was still in the Hub and with no name ( the first one that says " اوكي " ) ,, couldn't delete until i restarted the device ,, didn't see this issue before the new OS update i don't know if it's related to the new OS or the BBM ..
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-07-13, 10:07 PM #18
- 212 Posts
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-07-13, 10:17 PM #19
- 216 Posts
This will be controversial, but I would like to see them merge Text messaging and BBM into a single app. If I send a text to someone who has BBM, it should initiate a BBM conversation and bring the enhancements that go along with it. I don't like having to use two different apps, contact lists, etc....
... bring it on
Posted via CB10
- 03-09-13, 01:30 AM #20
BBM group picture and comments notifications.
I don't know if it's just me but PING does not vibrate my phone. Weird.
Choose if we want PING to vibrate.
Better history check.
Keyboard on in convo option.
Choose where to save chats.
Automatically save group pictures.
Many other things I can't think of now.
Posted via CB10
- 03-09-13, 01:36 AM #21
Automate the news feed update the moment Facebook app is accessed. Now I have to drag down to refresh.
Give option to see photo details. On my Bold, I used to be able to see the file names of my pictures which.
BlackBerry Link to be compatible with Mac OS 10.5.8
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Addict
03-09-13, 02:01 AM #23
- 572 Posts
Make it a full blown social networking app.. share pictures, videos, websites..
Okey.. maybe not in the next update but that should be the direction...
For the next update, maybe being able to open websites in app, like pictures, same thing for the apps, being able to download apps without leaving conversation.
Being able to switch between voice, video and screen share without having to hang up the on going call.
Also, maybe a little icon for the shared websites and other stuff, like pictures... and that's it for now....
Posted via CB10
- 03-09-13, 04:37 PM #25
Nice work people keep them coming.How do we send these requested improvements to BB???Someone tweet BB folk with a link to this thread please!!!
If Im wrong or missed something correct me!!
There needs to be quicker ways to view display pics without going into a contacts profile.In update view when you hold down on an update you get options to open chat, or view profile.There should be an option to view the display pic some pics are just incredibly funny.I would like to look at them without going into a profile you know take a look then swipe back out to updates would be much faster than currently is.
Additionally if you tap the update text a chat comes up thats perfect for quick response.But if you tap their display pic you get taken to chat.We should be able to tap the picture and see it instead of go into chat or their profile.Tapping the pic should invoke the pic,tapping text should bring up the chat.I could go through multiple ''change displayed pics'' and messages
Actually messing around with the method of viewing display pics right now.I found Its actually awkward to see someones display pic as it is now.Once you go into their profile you have to awkwardly reach up turn the phone and tap their pic.It does'nt ''flow'' with the swiping or 1 hand experince.Within the profile the menu bar at the bottom right there's a blank space next to open chat that should be a tap icon to view display pic.Instead of the awkward stretch to the top we doing now.Its inconsistent with how we move into the profile and thumb positioning.
Try it now.Go check your BBM updates>hold down on update >tap view profile>then tap display pic high up to see it.Is it not awkward??
If we did the same process with a tweak.Check your BBM updates>hold down on update >tap view profile>then tap the empty space to view display pic.Its much easier for your thumb and consistent with the ''flow'' transition??
Yeah the above could of been better structured ,but its in random order as Im just typing as I go through the phone live.Just trying to put out multiple methods that would be good for users.
I dont tweet. SO someone please tweet the BB devs a link to this thread.It could work out well for us.
- By BUBAA55 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 3Last Post: 02-25-14, 08:56 PM
- By Peevish in forum News & RumorsReplies: 16Last Post: 02-22-14, 05:06 PM
- By efh1977 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 6Last Post: 02-22-14, 07:46 AM
- By Haxor104 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 6Last Post: 02-21-14, 03:48 PM
- By jimmisharma in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-21-14, 02:54 PM