How do you uninstall bbm on a z10 the update got stuck loading and now it opens and closes

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:18 PM
    Hi Foxie,
    you cannot uninstall BBM
    I suggest
    1/ shut down your device then restart it
    2/ go into BB World / my world / my apps and games
    3/ do not tap on "open" but on the label "BlackBerry Messenger", see if it offers update again.

Let us now, sorry it's 1:23 AM here ... but surely others will help if needed

Cheers
    SF
    02-13-14 06:23 PM
    That's right, you can't uninstall bbm.
    Try to refresh your BlackBerry World by swipe down - Settings - General - Refresh BlackBerry World, then open the BBM in My World installed app & try to update it again.
    02-13-14 06:34 PM
    Nah that's wrong, you can uninstall bbm

Sideload the bar file using the chrome extension, then (in the chrome extension) it will have the check box beside the app, which will make it removable.

Although I recommend you either wait a couple minutes (the install did complete, right? My bbm crashed the first time I opened it, had to wait a couple minutes. Check you device monitor to see if your cpu is running high) or go ahead and just sideload the bar file again
    02-13-14 06:44 PM
    Same problem here. Nothing has worked so far
    02-13-14 07:06 PM
    @foxy - same thing happened to me! Looking for the answer..A.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:11 PM

Sideload the bar file using the chrome extension, then (in the chrome extension) it will have the check box beside the app, which will make it removable.

Although I recommend you either wait a couple minutes (the install did complete, right? My bbm crashed the first time I opened it, had to wait a couple minutes. Check you device monitor to see if your cpu is running high) or go ahead and just sideload the bar file again

I've tried it before and always force close when open , I end up to reload the OS and it back to normal.
    Just don't do this
    02-13-14 08:41 PM
    I've tried it before and always force close when open , I end up to reload the OS and it back to normal.
    Just don't do this
    Sideload the older bar from your os
    Rip the bar from the autoloader using sachesi
    02-13-14 09:12 PM
    No you can't uninstall. You can overwrite it.
    Yet, I'm not sure the problem comes from the bar file, more likely from the settings.
    That's the reason we always try to find a simplier workaround than a "brutal force" one.

Your solution my be valid tough, not discussing it, but may worse some extra testing before ending there.
    02-14-14 07:08 AM
    they don't want
    02-15-14 07:15 PM
    You can uninstall BBM by going to settings->Security and privacy->Parental controls. You activate Parental Controls and turn off bbm. Then when you deactivate Parental Controls, you get to reinstall BBM.

Using Z30.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    02-08-15 11:38 AM
    If you have BBM issue and If you have installed Max Mobile Security, uninstall and resolve this issue! Perform deep reboot after uninstalling MMS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-07-15 03:50 PM
    You can uninstall BBM by going to settings->Security and privacy->Parental controls. You activate Parental Controls and turn off bbm. Then when you deactivate Parental Controls, you get to reinstall BBM.

Using Z30.
    Good one... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-12-15 03:35 AM