You're giving BlackBerry far too much credit. Occam's Razor applies here: BlackBerry screwed up.
    dollface likes this.
    09-30-13 03:07 PM
    I am very curious how developers are able to build TOP apps for iOS/Android in less time then it takes to make a simple BBM Port to iOS/Android. What really confuses me is how they say there is TALENT in Waterloo
    I assume security. People better not have a way to spoof my pin. Lot's of effort to protect your code once on another platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:21 PM
    Okay guys, it's time I shed some light on what really happened with the BBM launch. Again, this is my own personal opinion so please take this with a grain of salt. Okay here we go:
    BlackBerry PROMISED the world BBM 4 ALL by Summers End. The the thing is, BBM was never ready to be released by September 21. But BlackBerry didn't want to be known as the company who can't hold a promise so they released the half baked app KNOWING it wasn't ready. They then fabricated a story to pull the app to CONTINUE where they left off finalizing the app.
    If the app was ready to go they wouldn't of waited till the VERY last day of summer to release it. They just wanted to create more time to finish the app and create as little waves as possible.

Do not take everything you read for face value. Business is very political and BlackBerry did what they had to do. Now, they can continue working hard on the app without an actual deadline because as we see it, they already met THEIR deadline.

Well done BlackBerry. I give you credit for pulling the wool over MANY ppl's eyes.

LamarStarr .. out!
    They were already late on the 21st. Because thats not the last day of summer, but the first day of fall.
    09-30-13 03:24 PM
    They were already late on the 21st. Because thats not the last day of summer, but the first day of fall.
    Epic fail. First day of fall is the 22nd.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:36 PM
    There is talent in waterloo. All that is lacking is motivation and management.
    It has been a big undertaking to get something which is over 10 years old to play nice with new tools and getting stretched to the limit.... it's just not that easy to take something and extend it so vastly.

Yet it is mainly just a case of not really giving 100%... And who can blame them...

Posted via CB10
    I would buy this, EXCEPT, when BB10 came out didn't our own CrackBerry Kevin go on and on how there was not one line of code from OS7 in BB10??
    09-30-13 03:57 PM
    BB announces 100% committed to release of BB10 devices by end of summer 2012 and on PlayBook sometime later.
    BB fails to deliver and is 100% committed to deliver after the first of the year 2013.

BB finally releases BB10 devices in winter of 2013 and is 100% committed to BB10 on the PlayBook.

Silence from BB (if we build it they will buy it).

BB announces no BB10 for the PlayBook but still 100% committed to BB10.

BB announces cross platform BBM available end of summer 2013.
    BB scheduled to release on last day of Summer for Android and first day of Fall for iOS (maybe BB has changed its ways).
    NOT, BBM roll out paused due to complete lack of planning / testing.
    BB still 100% committed to releasing cross platform BBM.

The truth will only be known at some point in the future.
    My guess is that it will be SOP. We have determined that the experience of BBM on Android and iOS is not up to the level of performance that we expected. Therefore, we will not deliver BBM to Android or iOS platforms.

Hopefully, I am wrong on BBM. There is not any really good cross platform messaging application (IMO).
    09-30-13 03:57 PM
    "My opinion" does not equal truth. It's just your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:09 PM
    "My opinion" does not equal truth. It's just your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    If you are referring to my post, know this: I am never wrong
    09-30-13 04:26 PM
    Guess we won't see it for another month? Because of a "leak" lol dam shame.
    Tsk Tsk

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 05:03 PM
    Blackberry wants to release the perfect app. The perfect app takes time.
    Come on. Get real.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    R_from_Toronto likes this.
    10-02-13 06:47 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry has been totally honest with is about the release of BBM4All.

I too think it just wasn't ready when they said it would be.

As much as I like using BlackBerry products, I'm starting to get really frustrated with the company.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    10-02-13 08:42 AM
    I'm really wishing they can get this app to work asap

But, more importantly, I really hope they release with a huge surprise of at least bbm Voice and hopefully, BBM Video

That would be do incredible.

Please BlackBerry, get this out cross platform in the next 3 weeks and get BBM Voice and Video!

Please, give us a pleasant surprise for once

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:59 AM
    Doubt those features will be present in the current build. Apparently, Channels will be the next update followed by voice/video.

But first things first...need to release a working version.
    10-02-13 09:10 AM
    LOL at the idea of their releasing it with a surprise of added features. Get a grip. I have my doubts they're going to release it at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:00 AM
    That doesn't really make sense because I know people who ran both the official and unofficial release of XBBM and both of their bbm's were working flawlessly.

So the app was obvs ready and good to go.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:27 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry has been totally honest with is about the release of BBM4All.

I too think it just wasn't ready when they said it would be.

As much as I like using BlackBerry products, I'm starting to get really frustrated with the company.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    "Starting to"?? I passed that two years ago. Now into watching the slow train wreck.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    10-04-13 07:05 AM
    Bring on BBM!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 07:45 AM
    That doesn't really make sense because I know people who ran both the official and unofficial release of XBBM and both of their bbm's were working flawlessly.

So the app was obvs ready and good to go.

Posted via CB10
    It's buggy as hell on IOS, the minute you start typing the bugs are apparent.
    It's far from finished imo.

However i do hope it's fixed soon, as many people love it.
    10-10-13 10:07 AM
    It's buggy as hell on IOS, the minute you start typing the bugs are apparent.
    It's far from finished imo.

However i do hope it's fixed soon, as many people love it.
    They are smart. They only have one shot to get this right. So if there is bugs on launch then people will go back to whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    Barry Rogers1 likes this.
    10-10-13 10:54 AM
    I think the same exact thing. They didn't want to break another promise so they played like it was read. We were all played, I think.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:06 AM
    They are smart. They only have one shot to get this right. So if there is bugs on launch then people will go back to whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    They HAD one chance to get it right, there WERE bugs on launch, people HAVE gone back to whatsapp.

Blackberry is the little company who couldn't.
    10-10-13 06:24 PM
    I think the same exact thing. They didn't want to break another promise so they played like it was read. We were all played, I think.

Posted via CB10
    :lightbulb:
    10-11-13 10:33 AM
    It will be released eventually..at the end of US govt shutdown

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:13 AM
48 12