WTF?

And is the free trial still available?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:01 PM
    WTF?

And is the free trial still available?

Posted via CB10
    Is there a link that you can provide, lol? As far as I know, there is no trial option for BBM Meetings and BBM Protected requires a BES license...
    03-29-15 05:34 PM
    Your right. I would pay for BBM Protected as a common BBM user. I hope BlackBerry releases this option for non BES users.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    03-29-15 07:31 PM
    Is there a link that you can provide, lol? As far as I know, there is no trial option for BBM Meetings and BBM Protected requires a BES license...
    According to this: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

BBM protected no longer requires a BES.

And the "Enterprise communicator bundle" supposedly includes meetings and protected for $144, but meetings by itself is $150?

I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 344552
    03-29-15 07:45 PM
    According to this: KB35648-Overview of BBM Protected

BBM protected no longer requires a BES.

And the "Enterprise communicator bundle" supposedly includes meetings and protected for $144, but meetings by itself is $150?

I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 344552
    Thanks for the link! Well, I guess the smart move is to buy both for less, why not, lol. Early days I guess, the right hand has to educate the left hand about what it's doing, heh. Nice catch, maybe they should hire you, lol.
    03-29-15 07:53 PM
    Aha, finally what Jeff Gadway was going on about at one of the BlackBerry launch events last year makes sense (can't remember which, BES12 or maybe Classic phone) where BBM Protected was on a slide entitled "BES not required" or similar.

On the day he said it BES was required for BBM Protected so a lot of people wondered what was going on. Now I see that when BBM Protected was launched there was no other way to manage it than from a BES because the Enterprise Identity Administration Console website wasn't ready and hadn't launched. That website only came along when BBM Meetings launched.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-29-15 07:54 PM

I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 344552
    Never heard of a special offer before? Or a discount for buying more than one product? Buy one get another one cheaper that sort of thing.

They're incentives to make you buy stuff you only maybe kinda need in the hope that you'll keep paying for it after.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-29-15 08:03 PM
    Trying to buy BBM Protected through the Enterprise account I have....giving me trouble. Will report back once I get this sorted out.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    03-29-15 09:46 PM
    Never heard of a special offer before? Or a discount for buying more than one product? Buy one get another one cheaper that sort of thing.

They're incentives to make you buy stuff you only maybe kinda need in the hope that you'll keep paying for it after.

Your completely missing the point. Why would anyone pay the $150? You can just pay the $144 even if you never use protected, but why wouldn't you? It's not like they bundled the two services and gave a discount, they bundled them and then charged less than if they weren't bundled. You can not convince me it makes any sense, because it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:54 PM
    Your completely missing the point. Why would anyone pay the $150?
    I'm afraid the fact you don't understand the $150 for BBM Meetings on own proves that it's you who is completely missing the point, hence this thread you started. See below for why.

It's not like they bundled the two services and gave a discount,
    It isn't?!...

they bundled them and then charged less than if they weren't bundled.
    So...a discount then. (Bangs head against wall).

You can not convince me it makes any sense, because it doesn't.
    It's not rocket science. BBM is being advertised separately for more money, $150, to make the $144 option look more attractive, the better deal, so you'll go for the bundle and get something you probably don't actually want thrown in (BBM Protected). Only a fool would buy BBM Meetings on its own for more than the bundle. That's why the obviously bad value option is there, to make the cheaper bundle seem like a great deal. It's basic sales psychology from page 1 of Sales Techniques for Dummies.

They WANT you to buy both so that both products get a new customer, not just one product on its own. That's the point. Remember that BlackBerry are introducing in-app payments for products and services all the time, especially in BBM. The more users they have of a product the more eyes see the in-app paid offerings. The more people that see them the more people sign up and buy the extras in the apps. End result, they make their money back and more.

They clearly don't think BBM Protected will sell on its own, perhaps it is proving not to sell well separately. So they are making the weakling more attractive by bundling it with something they think people want, BBM Meetings, and then making it even more attractive by selling the bundle for less than buying them both separately or even just BBM Meetings separately.

Get it now?

Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-29-15 at 10:21 PM.
    03-29-15 10:08 PM
    I'm afraid the fact you don't understand the $150 for BBM Meetings on own proves that it's you who is completely missing the point, hence this thread you started. See below for why.

It isn't?!...

So...a discount then. (Bangs head against wall).

It's not rocket science. BBM is being advertised separately for more money, $150, to make the $144 option look more attractive, the better deal, so you'll go for the bundle and get something you probably don't actually want thrown in (BBM Protected). Only a fool would buy BBM Meetings on its own for more than the bundle. That's why the obviously bad value option is there, to make the cheaper bundle seem like a great deal. It's basic sales psychology from page 1 of Sales Techniques for Dummies.

They WANT you to buy both so that both products get a new customer, not just one product on its own. That's the point. Remember that BlackBerry are introducing in-app payments for products and services all the time, especially in BBM. The more users you have of a product the more eyes see the in-app paid offerings.

They clearly don't think BBM Protected will sell on its own, perhaps it is proving not to sell well separately. So they are making the weakling more attractive by bundling it with something they think people want, BBM Meetings, and then making it even more attractive by selling the bundle for less than buying them both separately or even just BBM Meetings separately.

Get it now?

Um no.

Why not just give them protected for free then? If their goal is more eyes like you say? I mean I could see protected free with meetings, that might make sense.

This makes no sense at all and just looks silly, so keep banging your head against the wall. I'll get you a helmet and a ticket for the short bus.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:27 PM
    Also, these are blackberries "Enterprise" offerings, which they have made quite clear will not contain any form of advertising. So... keep banging away.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:30 PM
    Um no.

Why not just give them protected for free then? If their goal is more eyes like you say? I mean I could see protected free with meetings, that might make sense.

This makes no sense at all and just looks silly, so keep banging your head against the wall. I'll get you a helmet and a ticket for the short bus.

Posted via CB10
    If they gave it away for free then maybe you wouldn't buy anything else in the shop and BlackBerry wouldn't have made as much money from you.

You're effectively getting it for -6 dollars in the bundle, is that not free enough? The $150 dollar BBM Meetings option is only there to make you want to buy it slightly cheaper and get BBM Protected thrown in free.

Once again, it's...not...rocket...science.

03-29-15 10:32 PM
    All that head banging must have screwed up your maths! It's saving $35.

So why not just charge $6 less for meetings and throw protected in for free? That's what they are doing as far as I can tell, but they look silly by charging more for just meetings.

You can defend it all you want. Show me another example of this marketing 101 tactic you describe I'm sure it's very common, throw up a link.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:51 PM
    Also, these are blackberries "Enterprise" offerings, which they have made quite clear will not contain any form of advertising. So... keep banging away.

Posted via CB10
    Total nonsense, BlackBerry have made no such promise. I use BlackBerry's Enterprise products everyday, I'm a BES Admin. They'll monetise whatever they want to in future, it's up to them.

The ads in their Enterprise products are scarce right now but they are usually shown during software installations whole you wait and are for other BlackBerry products.

03-30-15 03:19 AM