I was thinking if it was going to be better that our BlackBerry pins be tied to our BBID's regardless if we change BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:24 AM
    That system is being used for way more than its initially intended purpose already. It would require a re-working of how BBM works as a whole and I don't think BlackBerry wants to dig that deep into it. It's just not worth the cost for overhaul the whole infrastructure. The NOC while great, has also been a hindrance on progress in some ways.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-14 02:24 AM
    Sometimes you just wish u got a stable pin that you can memorize and give out.. or place it in your calling card.. but if you change phones then u cant..

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 03:05 PM
    That system is being used for way more than its initially intended purpose already. It would require a re-working of how BBM works as a whole and I don't think BlackBerry wants to dig that deep into it. It's just not worth the cost for overhaul the whole infrastructure. The NOC while great, has also been a hindrance on progress in some ways.
    What does the NOC have to do with it?
    04-12-14 04:19 PM
    If that's the case, I would like an easy way of re-inviting or adding the contacts to the new PIN. I am not too well versed in the BBID / BBM PIN thing...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-13-14 07:38 PM
    Sometimes you just wish u got a stable pin that you can memorize and give out.. or place it in your calling card.. but if you change phones then u cant..

Posted via CB10
    You can use the email address attached to your BBID or device for that matter to send a BBM invite

And in reply to the actual topic of this thread.
    Your BBID is tied to BBM, that's why when you first get a device, you have to enter your BBID and restores your previous BBM.

I'll add that it does this each time you change devices. Unless you want to use pin to pin messaging, you really have no issue.
    Also just incase you didn't know if you type 'mypin' and then space, it will show your pin quick and easy. Go ahead and try it just about anywhere on your device, no remembering required

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 04-16-14 at 03:07 PM.
    tjseaman and stlabrat like this.
    04-13-14 09:34 PM
    If that's the case, I would like an easy way of re-inviting or adding the contacts to the new PIN. I am not too well versed in the BBID / BBM PIN thing...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    As long as you are running recent versions of BBM (The ones that require a BBID to login originally) and your contact list is restored on the new device, it will automatically notify the contacts of the PIN change and update their lists.

Only Pin 2 Pin would need to be updated if you make use of this in your Contacts app (Not BBM)
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-14-14 07:14 AM
    As long as you are running recent versions of BBM (The ones that require a BBID to login originally) and your contact list is restored on the new device, it will automatically notify the contacts of the PIN change and update their lists.

Only Pin 2 Pin would need to be updated if you make use of this in your Contacts app (Not BBM)
    I know about this, what im saying is.. say im a business person and I have a calling card which I want to put my pin. If I switch between blackberry phones then my pin changes all the time.. but if I dont use a blackberry phone then my Pin is the same regardless if I switch from android or apple or windows.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 07:18 AM
    I know about this, what im saying is.. say im a business person and I have a calling card which I want to put my pin. If I switch between blackberry phones then my pin changes all the time.. but if I dont use a blackberry phone then my Pin is the same regardless if I switch from android or apple or windows.

Posted via CB10
    Your BBID Can remain the same regardless of device or platform

04-16-14 03:08 PM
    But your pin wont be if you change within BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but people can add you via the BBID now instead of PIN.
    04-16-14 07:50 PM
    It already does, as far as I know. I can add people via their BBID last I checked.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    But like I said above you can add via BBID, so really not seeing your issie

04-17-14 06:12 PM