BBM meetings is pretty cool. But it's silly for every consumer to buy the subscription for it, as each subscription can have multiple meeting *initiator* accounts, each with the power to schedule Meetings. As such, I'd like to renew my subscription, but am looking for others willing to buy into it with me.

If you're willing, I'd ask for a contribution of $25 dollars, and I am looking for a max of 5 co-owners of the subscription. That'd be $125 total; I'd cover the remaining $40. Each of you would be added as *initiators* of BBM meetings under the account, and could *schedule* a meeting whenever you want, *providing of course it doesn't overlap with a meeting someone else has already scheduled*.

If you want to discuss this, or a similar arrangement, add me to BBM, BUT IN THE INVITE WRITE THAT YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS, or I'll reject the invite.

Pin:2BD8604A

Update: It was brought to my attention that I need to clarify what I mean by "renew" considering it hasn't even been out a month. I've subscribed to the trial, and it will expire in a little less than a week. So, I have the option to simply allow it to expire, or to renew.

Update 2: it was brought to my attention that I misused the word "host". Places where this was unclear, I have replaced with other words, indicated by the * symbols.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Last edited by campbecw; 12-06-14 at 01:46 PM.
    12-05-14 03:48 PM
    Update: one buy-in secured. 4 slots left

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-05-14 04:57 PM
    How did you get into the trial? I didn't think anybody was seeing their invites yet.

So you can have how many users on one meetings account?
    12-05-14 08:43 PM
    How did you get into the trial? I didn't think anybody was seeing their invites yet.

So you can have how many users on one meetings account?
    I believe it is up to 10 but I only want five

12-05-14 09:07 PM
    OP, are sure you're selling what you think you're selling?

BBM Meetings is charged per host, not per account. You don't pay for an account and get 10 slots for 10 hosts, that's just the way that the 1 month free trial is structured.

Or are you planning on sharing one hosting BBID between the other people?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-06-14 10:08 AM
    OP, are sure you're selling what you think you're selling?

BBM Meetings is charged per host, not per account. You don't pay for an account and get 10 slots for 10 hosts, that's just the way that the 1 month free trial is structured.

Or are you planning on sharing one hosting BBID between the other people?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    I don't think you know what I'm selling. The subscription provides for one bbid that is the "primary" account. But you can add several other people's bbid's to the account, all of which have the power to host and launch meetings. I'm 100% on this as my brother is already designated as such and have hosted several meetings without my participation.

12-06-14 11:30 AM
    Isn't it a USD 12.50 subscription for 1 host for 1 month? Then you should be able to host as many meetings as you need.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:30 PM
    I don't think you know what I'm selling. The subscription provides for one bbid that is the "primary" account. But you can add several other people's bbid's to the account, all of which have the power to host and launch meetings. I'm 100% on this as my brother is already designated as such and have hosted several meetings without my participation.

I'm the account owner for the organisation I work for in the BBM Meetings trial, I know exactly how it works.

Each BBID you add as a host (a BBM Meetings User) will cost $150 per year. It's charged per host not per account.

So, again, are you saying that you're all going to share one BBM Meetings User licence to host meetings, and login to change the BBID for that one licence to your own each time you want to host a meeting? Is that what you're selling?

Just trying to clarify as you haven't really explained very clearly making me wonder if you know how the licensing model works.

12-06-14 12:31 PM
    Isn't it a USD 12.50 subscription for 1 host for 1 month? Then you should be able to host as many meetings as you need.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is. And yes a host can. Nobody has said otherwise.

12-06-14 12:33 PM
    I'm the account owner for the organisation I work for in the BBM Meetings trial, I know exactly how it works.

Each BBID you add as a host (a BBM Meetings User) will cost $150 per year. It's charged per host not per account.

So, again, are you saying that you're all going to share one BBM Meetings User licence to host meetings, and login to change the BBID for that one licence to your own each time you want to host a meeting? Is that what you're selling?

Just trying to clarify as you haven't really explained very clearly making me wonder if you know how the licensing model works.

This has not been my experience, so I have no idea why it would work like this for you.

12-06-14 01:25 PM
    This has not been my experience, so I have no idea why it would work like this for you.

I'm not sure how anyone could have any experience of something that hasn't happened yet. Even trials started on launch day won't have ended yet, so only extremely keen people will have bought licences to use it already, if they are even for sale yet, I haven't looked.

But the billing model is clearly explained on BlackBerry's website, $12.50 per host per month, charged annually which is $150 per year. http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...-meetings.html

It will work like that when the trial ends and users start having to pay for it, every hosting BBID added to an account, the ones listed under Entitlements / BBM Meetings in the Enterprise BlackBerry Identity portal, will cost $150 a year. That's the billing model and that's what I was wondering if you understood.

One BBM Meetings licence could theoretically be shared the way I described, with people logging in to the BlackBerry Identity portal, revoking the one BBM Meetings User currently setup, sending themselves an invite to become a host and then hosting meetings. That's assuming BlackBerry do not impose a limit on how many times a licence for BBM Meetings can be activated against a different BBID, that's an unknown as yet. It also assumes there isn't a limit on the number of Admins, who have to administer it under a different BBID to the one they use in BBM Meetings as we have all discovered.

BTW, if you don't want to be charged for each BBID registered as a host when your current trial ends you must de-register the BBM Meetings Users in the Enterprise BlackBerry Identity portal and cancel your subscription to BBM Meetings before the last day of the trial ends or BlackBerry will automatically use the payment details given when signing up for the trial to bill you $150 per registered host for the next 12 months.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-06-14 at 03:16 PM.
    12-06-14 02:43 PM
    I wish they had a non-annual subscription. Say, something like $20 per month on a month-to-month basis. The annual service thing is a bit tough to swallow in today's internet age.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-06-14 02:58 PM
    I'm not sure how anyone could have any experience of something that hasn't happened yet. Even trials started on launch day won't have ended yet, so only extremely keen people will have bought licences to use it already, if they are even for sale yet, I haven't looked.

But the billing model is clearly explained on BlackBerry's website, $12.50 per host per month, charged annually which is $150 per year. http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...-meetings.html

It will work like that when the trial ends and users start having to pay for it, every hosting BBID added to an account, the ones listed under Entitlements / BBM Meetings in the Enterprise BlackBerry Identity portal, will cost $150 a year. That's the billing model and that's what I was wondering if you understood.

One BBM Meetings licence could theoretically be shared the way I described, with people logging in to the BlackBerry Identity portal, revoking the one BBM Meetings User currently setup, sending themselves an invite to become a host and then hosting meetings. That's assuming BlackBerry do not impose a limit on how many times a licence for BBM Meetings can be activated against a different BBID, that's an unknown as yet. It also assumes there isn't a limit on the number of Admins, who have to administer it under a different BBID to the one they use in BBM Meetings as we have all discovered.

BTW, if you don't want to be charged for each BBID registered as a host when your current trial ends you must de-register the BBM Meetings Users in the BlackBerry Identity portal and cancel your subscription BBM Meetings or BlackBerry will automatically use the payment details given when signing up for the trial to bill you $150 per host for the next 12 months.

Consider me one of the extremely keen people who purchased the trial the day of the launch. I've been in constant communication with BlackBerry Support about the mechanics of this. If you'd like to chat about it, feel free to BBM me.

12-06-14 03:16 PM
    Consider me one of the extremely keen people who purchased the trial the day of the launch. I've been in constant communication with BlackBerry Support about the mechanics of this. If you'd like to chat about it, feel free to BBM me.

You "purchased" the trial just like everyone else on the trial. You supplied payment details, it was free at the point of purchase and it's free until the trial ends but then you will be billed for any hosts still registered. It's all in the small print of the Terms and Conditions when you signed up. Are you saying you have bought hosting licences already for BBM Meetings?

As the BESAdmin for our Enterprise for the last 12 years I'm in constant contact with BlackBerry too, we have an Account manager I meet with regularly at regional Enterprise seminar days. I'm just trying to help by making sure you know what you're getting in to as you're proposing to take people's money to provide something that may end up costing you a lot more than you expect.

12-06-14 03:23 PM
    Here's a relevant PDF straight from the source:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...189-1.0-en.pdf

Looks like, as a the BlackBerry identity management account administrator, you can invite users to host, and revoke the entitlement.

So if you buy one $150 host subscription, only one BBID can be invited to host at a time.

However you can add multiple identity management administrators, which means--in theory-- each of the "time-shared subscription" owners can sign in, revoke another user's bbid and invite themselves whenever they want to use it.

They could also delete all other administrators and screw everyone else over.

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    12-06-14 11:30 PM
    I'll share this fine print again as I did in the Trial thread (CB10 users "save as" and open to be able to read clearly):
    Share a BBM Meetings Subscription-crackberry-image.jpg
    I think from the way it is worded here, "each user active" will be counted as an extra user of the account. So I don't think it matters if you "revoke" one user's BBID before you add another, to keep the maximum count at 1, I think they'll just count the total number of separate ID's used to host.
    And that would mean if more than 1 ID has been designated as host within the same month, I'd say that is at least one extra $150 fee, even if you revoke them.

As in: "the number of active users will be determined by BlackBerry".

The only way I see this working is if you make one generic BBID for creating the account and hosting, and then use that ID to initiate all the meetings and then leave (you could continue a meeting without the initiating account present right?).

Not trying to say it won't work, just trying to give you a heads up it might not work the way you hope.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-07-14 02:05 AM
    I wasn't referring to the trial. The language provided above is clearly only regarding the trial (which I could never get to work). It basically says that it will charge you per subscription unless you deactivate all trial users.

The pdf provided in the link regards normal BBM meeting user management after normal purchase of a license. It's pretty clear that you can give and revoke the meeting host license to different BBID,.. as one would do if an employee leaves and another one is hired.

The problem is that it's not exactly a "you log off, before I log on" type of switch,.. the revocation and re-invitation has to be done manually by the admin.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:46 AM
    Here's a relevant PDF straight from the source:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...189-1.0-en.pdf

However you can add multiple identity management administrators, which means--in theory-- each of the "time-shared subscription" owners can sign in, revoke another user's bbid and invite themselves whenever they want to use it.

They could also delete all other administrators and screw everyone else over.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly this!

One Admin could remove all the other Admins locking the person paying the bill out of the Enterprise Identity Portal then they could add 100 BBM Meetings Users (Hosts) and land that person with a bill for $15,000.

I wouldn't take the risk unless I knew and trusted the people involved and could reach where they lived so I could find them.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-07-14 at 08:32 AM.
    12-07-14 07:55 AM
    The only way I see this working is if you make one generic BBID for creating the account and hosting, and then use that ID to initiate all the meetings and then leave (you could continue a meeting without the initiating account present right?).

Not trying to say it won't work, just trying to give you a heads up it might not work the way you hope.

This is the safest way to achieve what the OP is trying to do, just use one BBID to host meetings. Luckily you can sign in to BBM Meetings on a phone with a different BBID to that of BBM. It also wouldn't require everybody to be an Admin which could be a disaster waiting to happen.

I like your idea of not disclosing the BBID / Password to others so the bill payers has to initiate all Meetings. That way you won't have people logged in to BBM Meetings all over the place with the same BBID trying to use it which I'm sure would cause problems. The only slight issue would be the time zones of the other people depending on where they were in the world, you might be asleep when they want to setup a Meeting!

12-07-14 08:31 AM
    @ animalpak: I meant it just as a warning. The exact payment conditions don't appear to be clear yet, and the fine print I highlighted seems to point to this direction:
    Using separate BBIDs for this, the method OP described, is subject to checking by BlackBerry and they might consider this "multiple hosts" anyway and charge more.

12-07-14 09:52 AM
    Well I guess this is one way to slowly ramp up the service so it for don't get overloaded. If they are trying to gauge interest by how many annual subscriptions they sell, it could be pretty smart.

I don't think his model works for multiple users to share one account. I could see some smart individuals buying a lot of subscriptions and reselling access for say, $20 per month if a monthly option doesn't become available. Would be a cool way to check it out. I hope a month to month option becomes available officially soon though.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 10:09 PM
    I too wish there was a month to month way of paying so that anyone could use BBM Meetings.

@Kevets One problem with selling on hosting entitlements that one person has signed up to for a year to anyone on a month to month basis is what if that customer quits on you after one month? You've paid $150 for the year but your customer only paid $20. You're not making your money back unless they keep paying for it a lot longer.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-08-14 at 12:32 PM.
    12-08-14 04:15 AM
    Yeah, I think it would be easier to find people to try a 1-month trial of the service vs. paying $150 for a year if that's the only option.

This is all so hypothetical right now, hopefully it's all moot, and BB just puts out their own monthly option. I think the demand is there, even at $12.50/month.

Its also possible we see it turn into $12.50/month when paid annually, and $15 month when paid monthly.
    12-08-14 06:55 AM
    Yeah, I think it would be easier to find people to try a 1-month trial of the service vs. paying $150 for a year if that's the only option.

This is all so hypothetical right now, hopefully it's all moot, and BB just puts out their own monthly option. I think the demand is there, even at $12.50/month.

Its also possible we see it turn into $12.50/month when paid annually, and $15 month when paid monthly.
    That's usually how it's done nowadays. The longer you pre-pay for, the greater the savings,.. but it's important to offer shorter term options (which end up hooking more "on the fence" customers at higher revenues)! Come on BlackBerry... 21st century Internet Service 101.

The real problem here is that they are trying way too hard to restrict their focus on enterprise. Kinda dumb for services like this.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-08-14 08:42 AM