I recently switched to the Priv from BB10. And I am constantly getting random BBM invites. It's driving me crazy, to the point I'm probably going to delete it soon. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is it because I left BB10.
    Most of the names seem to be from India or Indonesia.
    I am Canadian
    I have heard from some friends who suffer the same problem and hated the adds that keep popping up.
    Most of them have deleted BBM due to these issues.

Anyone know what causes this or if I can fix it .....
    01-12-17 07:02 PM
    I recently switched to the Priv from BB10. And I am constantly getting random BBM invites. It's driving me crazy, to the point I'm probably going to delete it soon. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is it because I left BB10.
    Most of the names seem to be from India or Indonesia.
    I am Canadian
    I have heard from some friends who suffer the same problem and hated the adds that keep popping up.
    Most of them have deleted BBM due to these issues.

Anyone know what causes this or if I can fix it .....
    Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it but it started happening a few updates ago. I wish they would fix it as I have no interest in adding people I'm not already acquainted with, say from BBM groups etc. Emtek are you listening??
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    01-12-17 07:16 PM
    I have the same problem. Just block the invites there's nothing more you can do ATM.
    01-12-17 07:39 PM
    Unfortunately, this issue has existed even on BlackBerry legacy OS. They never ever bothered to do something about it, which to me is a sign there isn't anything they actually can do about it...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 04:44 AM
    I never had the problem on BlackBerry OS or BB10.
    But since I switched to android it's happening atleast 3 times a week.

Somehow your PIN must get leaked? And then is it like spamming for BBM. Fake accounts just try to add random people constantly?
    01-13-17 06:19 AM
    But since I switched to android it's happening atleast 3 times a week.

Somehow your PIN must get leaked? And then is it like spamming for BBM. Fake accounts just try to add random people constantly?
    They probably use a random PIN generator. Not sure how you combat that. Unless they would make the PIN much longer, so as to reduce the chance of someone guessing a working PIN?

Posted via CB10
    tarmy88 likes this.
    01-13-17 07:37 AM
    I switched on 'password on invite' in the hopes that it would require people inviting to answer the passcode before sending an invite.

It doesn't look like that's how this works unfortunately...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 01:52 PM
    Same issue. It's a huge pain
    MLDodier likes this.
    01-13-17 03:08 PM
    There's also phishing ads in the ad section! That's horrible
    01-13-17 03:08 PM
    Don't be a pain... This is modern living. Just accept it. No matter what app you use you will get spam.
    01-13-17 11:00 PM
    There's also phishing ads in the ad section! That's horrible
    Can you clarify that. How would you know it is phishing? That's a pretty serious problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 03:16 AM
    Don't be a pain... This is modern living. Just accept it. No matter what app you use you will get spam.
    Not true. I get no spam on WhatsApp at all. It's the reverse for BBM.
    01-14-17 10:29 AM
    Not true. I get no spam on WhatsApp at all. It's the reverse for BBM.
    I get plenty of spam on WhatsApp but none on BBM. Only once in a while I get a random invite.

I get advertising on new property development, gambling sites and prostitutes from WhatsApp. And also personal loan advertisement too.
    01-14-17 11:28 AM
    F OFF
    Attached Thumbnails random BBM invites (driving me crazy)-56074.jpg  
    01-14-17 07:44 PM
    Can you clarify that. How would you know it is phishing? That's a pretty serious problem.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.cgoutletonlines.com/

That website was advertised on BBM. It's clearly a fishing scam luring you to give your credit card number
    01-14-17 09:27 PM
    http://www.cgoutletonlines.com/

That website was advertised on BBM. It's clearly a fishing scam luring you to give your credit card number
    Yes I can confirm this, I got it too on my priv but different website about same finance advertising

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 09:32 PM
    I have a Passport SE and a Bold 9900. No random invites, ever. I recently installed BBM on my iPad, and I've had two.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-15-17 10:21 PM
    I have never had this issue on bb10 and still don't on my classic but I do have this problem with my new bbm on my Dtek50. Very annoying and cost me some android phone contacts

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 09:56 PM
    I am having the same problem and its driving me nuts. Here are two and a half pages of random invites. I'm not sure what country or language this is from but its ridiculous that with a PIN this happens.

random BBM invites (driving me crazy)-1.png
    random BBM invites (driving me crazy)-2.png
    random BBM invites (driving me crazy)-3.png
    01-17-17 11:49 AM
    I have a theory.

All of these random invites appear to come from PIN #s that start with D. As far as I can tell. Android devices are assigned D pin numbers. BB10 devices start with a 2, and it seems most iOS devices start with a 5.

I've never received a random invite from a device that starts with a 2, they have all been from a D number.

In addition, as many have noticed - very rarely do BB10 devices receive random invites compared to Android.

It appears that devices that have been assigned a D pin are doomed to random invite hell. I'm not sure if it's possible to reset an android device pin by security wiping the device and reinstalling BBM. Maybe if that's done enough times, it will eventually yield a PIN that doesn't start with a D?
    01-18-17 09:13 AM
    .. I'm not sure if it's possible to reset an android device pin by security wiping the device and reinstalling BBM. Maybe if that's done enough times, it will eventually yield a PIN that doesn't start with a D?
    If you're right, I wonder if a custom PIN would make the problem go away?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Gray likes this.
    01-19-17 08:41 AM
    I've been thinking the same, but if you are on BBM Enterprise, you no longer have access to the Shop which would allow a user to buy a custom pin, and most Android BBM users have no interest in paying the 1$/month to remove ads, let alone rent a pin number...

BBM (EMTEK and BB) needs to get their act together regarding this application.
    01-19-17 09:45 AM
    I've been thinking the same, but if you are on BBM Enterprise, you no longer have access to the Shop which would allow a user to buy a custom pin, and most Android BBM users have no interest in paying the 1$/month to remove ads, let alone rent a pin number...

BBM (EMTEK and BB) needs to get their act together regarding this application.
    BlackBerry doesn't care anymore.... They're a software company now... haven't you heard?

Oh wait... an app is software?

Guess I must have missed something somewhere in the spin.
    valer466 likes this.
    01-19-17 02:34 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't care anymore.... They're a software company now... haven't you heard?

Oh wait... an app is software?

Guess I must have missed something somewhere in the spin.
    It is a bit of a shame... hope it won't get bad as soon as I switch to the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:50 PM
    I loaded BBM on an Android tablet that our kids received for Christmas. I wanted them to be able to keep in touch with me while on work trips, in a ”safe and secure" environment. I am their only legitimate contact but they have been receiving a constant stream of random invites from someone in who knows where. Needless to say, my wife is NOT happy. As it doesn't sound like there is a solution, I'm going to have to remove BBM and look for another option.
    valer466 likes this.
    01-19-17 08:37 PM
73 123