I recommend everyone submit a complaint to Emtek via this page. its the only way its going to change.

Submit a ticket : BBM
    Submitted.

Thanks for the link

I also posted the link to a few of my channels.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 06:53 PM
    random BBM invites (driving me crazy)-img_20170122_165949.png

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:00 PM
    Nice! So there we go... it is possible to have anti spam... contrary to some here want us to believe
    01-22-17 07:12 PM
    Nice! So there we go... it is possible to have anti spam... contrary to some here want us to believe
    Not 'some' but particular person lol

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 11:41 PM
    @dusdal: nice, I sincerely hope it actually works!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 01:09 AM
    I recently switched to the Priv from BB10. And I am constantly getting random BBM invites. It's driving me crazy, to the point I'm probably going to delete it soon. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is it because I left BB10.
    Most of the names seem to be from India or Indonesia.
    I am Canadian
    I have heard from some friends who suffer the same problem and hated the adds that keep popping up.
    Most of them have deleted BBM due to these issues.

Anyone know what causes this or if I can fix it .....
    I think taking this complaint to Twitter so it is more public and visible is a good idea.

I've noted my concerns to their handle.

There has to be a way to block if at least by geographical region ie I don't want to accept invites from country X.
    01-23-17 06:01 PM
    I think taking this complaint to Twitter so it is more public and visible is a good idea.

I've noted my concerns to their handle.

There has to be a way to block if at least by geographical region ie I don't want to accept invites from country X.
    Visibly complaining seems to be warranted. This problem has existed far too long. Let's hope their proposed fix actually works.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 04:29 AM
    You get invites on bb10 also, but at a much lower scale. I use Classic and I get random invites. I ignore them.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 05:28 AM
    Visibly complaining seems to be warranted. This problem has existed far too long. Let's hope their proposed fix actually works.

Posted via CB10
    Good news! Just got a Twitter response from @bbm which states they are working on rolling out anti spam features in next release!
    Gray likes this.
    01-24-17 06:11 AM
    Ok guys I concede so now I need to find a phone that cannot receive calls any available around? What should I get?
    01-24-17 09:23 AM
    Ok guys I concede so now I need to find a phone that cannot receive calls any available around? What should I get?
    Call filters exist too. There are apps that block telemarketers and if i recall iOS natively block certain calls.

Also some countries has anti spam laws that prevents unsollicitated calls. Here in canada it made a huge difference.
    01-24-17 09:57 PM
    Call filters exist too. There are apps that block telemarketers and if i recall iOS natively block certain calls.

Also some countries has anti spam laws that prevents unsollicitated calls. Here in canada it made a huge difference.
    Any good call filters to download so that I don't receive any phone calls unless it is a registered phone number on my phone book and only at specific times?
    01-25-17 11:23 AM
    ...What I'm thinking that some of you guys are asking for is like having a phone number that nobody can call unless you have registered their phone number onto your phone book. I think it sounds pretty bizarre for any company who would want to come out with such a product.
    "Bizarre?" The kind of "bizarre" control you describe is precisely the concept.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-25-17 05:14 PM
    I've been on BBM for over 10 years and have never received spam. How would anyone get your PIN anyway?

Now if you're receiving product advertising that's now part of BBM. Companies can advertise on BBM.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/03/bbm-ads/
    Last edited by Gray; 01-25-17 at 10:05 PM.
    01-25-17 09:52 PM
    I've been on BBM for over 10 years and have never received spam. How would anyone get your PIN anyway?

Now if you're receiving product advertising that's now part of BBM. Companies can advertise on BBM.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/03/bbm-ads/
    Random pin generator. Which has been stated like a thousand times already friend. Consider yourself lucky you haven't received spam... yet! Those are golden days

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 01:04 AM
    I stand corrected on this issue. Yesterday I checked my girlfriend's BBM (which she never uses) and found a bunch of random invites. They were all the same with a different sender. I've never seen this on any of my devices.

My apologies.
    01-27-17 10:30 AM
    I stand corrected on this issue. Yesterday I checked my girlfriend's BBM (which she never uses) and found a bunch of random invites. They were all the same with a different sender. I've never seen this on any of my devices.

My apologies.
    What type of devices? Is one BB10 and one Android or iOS?
    01-27-17 02:01 PM
    Any good call filters to download so that I don't receive any phone calls unless it is a registered phone number on my phone book and only at specific times?
    Actually didn't BB10 do that natively? There was a feature to block all calls except those in your phone book
    01-27-17 03:19 PM
    It's running Android.

What type of devices? Is one BB10 and one Android or iOS?
    01-31-17 02:25 PM
    I recently switched to the Priv from BB10. And I am constantly getting random BBM invites. It's driving me crazy, to the point I'm probably going to delete it soon. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is it because I left BB10.
    Most of the names seem to be from India or Indonesia.
    I am Canadian
    I have heard from some friends who suffer the same problem and hated the adds that keep popping up.
    Most of them have deleted BBM due to these issues.

Anyone know what causes this or if I can fix it .....
    My wife is getting these (android) while I don't (BB10) and it's annoying. I feel your pain.

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    02-01-17 07:10 PM
    Actually didn't BB10 do that natively? There was a feature to block all calls except those in your phone book
    BB10 doesn't get them but some users are trying to get creative in getting your pins. I own a channel and people try to chat with me via my pin and not the channel under false pretenses (i.e. Channel Exchange, Channel advertise, etc...)

Be careful!

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    02-01-17 07:13 PM
    I've noticed this on Android and iOS devices. Lots of invites, most in another language. I literally get none under BB10, but on other platforms I have set up for relatives it is up to 6 or 7 a week. On WhatsApp I have none, and neither do they, on identical devices.

I would have thought WhatsApp would be the worst offender as it has a Web interface available, but BBM is far worse. BBM is already struggling for relevence. You'd think this might be a priority for someone...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:34 AM
    Maybe the BB10 pin ranges are different so all of the "newer" Android / iPhone PINS are the ones the spammers are targeting.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:52 AM
73 123