I'm not sure where to ask this but here goes.

It's awesome people do the "leaks and stuff but has anyone done one for the latest one or one before without all the many languages that BlackBerry supports? Include only English, Arabic and like french or something? Wouldn't that free a lot of space?

Hopefully this isn't to stupid of a question.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:59 PM

It's awesome people do the "leaks and stuff but has anyone done one for the latest one or one before without all the many languages that BlackBerry supports? Include only English, Arabic and like french or something? Wouldn't that free a lot of space?

Posted via CB10
    It sure would be good to free up space that isn't needed, and I would love if only 3-4 languages were included. I use English and Arabic, that would be nice.

Then again, what about other users who use other languages? It would only lead to tens, if not hundreds, of autoloaders with different variations and combinations of languages. Not practical, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:15 PM
    Yeah I thought of that. The an easier way to dump them?!? If memory serves u used to be able to do it on legacy devices right?!?!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:20 PM
    Just fire up Sachesi and remove all unnecessary languages and other files. Browse through this forum, there is extensive and thorough list as well as howto directions, including its size and gain in storage space!
    04-03-15 02:21 PM
    I've tried that. Unfortunately not successfully.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't change what's in the OS that's inside in an autoloader. Loading an OS onto a BlackBerry 10 device is fairly locked down; any changes to the signed image file and things fall apart.

The only way you can get rid of extra language files is to do it after install with Sachesi/some other tool like that.
    04-03-15 02:53 PM
    Just fire up Sachesi and remove all unnecessary languages and other files. Browse through this forum, there is extensive and thorough list as well as howto directions, including its size and gain in storage space!
    Sorry for not being precise. I did not mean from autoloader, but from device itself once you have your OS up and running!
    04-03-15 03:02 PM
    You can't change what's in the OS that's inside in an autoloader. Loading an OS onto a BlackBerry 10 device is fairly locked down; any changes to the signed image file and things fall apart.

The only way you can get rid of extra language files is to do it after install with Sachesi/some other tool like that.
    Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Going to have to learn to use sachesi, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:25 PM
    You can use PlayBook manager extension for Chrome, and remove from there too, check the files which are not needed, like the language files, retail demo etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:31 PM
    You can use PlayBook manager extension for Chrome, and remove from there too, check the files which are not needed, like the language files, retail demo etc.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm don't know about that lol. Maybe a larger learning curve?!?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 06:20 PM
    Hmmm don't know about that lol. Maybe a larger learning curve?!?

Posted via CB10
    I think it is easier? , anyway, just try .

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:37 PM