A few days ago i made a small comment on one of the comedy channels i follow and this morning i woke up to well over 70 bbm requests. If i had known this would have happened I'd never have commented. I don't remember what channel it was so i deleted every channel i have and will never use a channel again. The requests won't stop!!!

Still rockin my PlayBook and a Z30
    11-10-14 06:16 AM
    A few days ago i made a small comment on one of the comedy channels i follow and this morning i woke up to well over 70 bbm requests. If i had known this would have happened I'd never have commented. I don't remember what channel it was so i deleted every channel i have and will never use a channel again. The requests won't stop!!!

Do you normally post your PIN number in the channels you follow? If so, I would stop the practice. I've never heard of someone being able to send another channel follower BBM requests merely from a post.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:45 AM
    How do you turn it off. I never typed it in i assumed it posted it when i replied. Is that an option somewhere. I'd never give my pin out never have. I've had bbm for years and never had this happen before. I've posted in channels before to and never had this happen.

11-10-14 07:00 AM
    How to turn what off? If you mean how your PIN is being posted (if it is) that would probably be in your signature settings or something like that. I don't know if that's happening or not. Just my first thought.

If you mean to turn off the invitations, I would just ignore them until they quiet down. If someone has your PIN they can keep going at you if they know there is a live person behind it. Most will give up after a bit.

But I still don't know about followers of a channel being able to ping another follower. It may be possible, but I've never encountered that. How do you know this is the cause? It also seems like spam due to the large number your report. If it was a single person there wouldn't be upwards of 70 separate individual invites.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:46 AM
    Ya I've been blocking each one not replying. In all my years on BBM I've never had this happen then i replied in a channel to sone dumb pic that was funny. Then all this happened. I don't even have a signature setup in channels. And i had so many channels i followed i don't even remember which one it was to go back and check my post to see if it automatically posted my pin. Disappointed in blackberry's on this one though. I'd never post my pin in any forum or news group or channel ever. Not willingly that is. Funny weird thing is it's all from the same region judging by the language. They really like adding people on bbm. Wow.

11-10-14 09:22 AM
    Could it be possible that none of your channels are a cause of this? I mean, how can you be so adamant that it was due to a specific comment that you made on a channel? Is it possible someone gained access to your PIN from another forum post/signature or something? It just seems odd to me. Especially when you can clearly recall your post on a specific picture, but cannot remember the channel. It may just be a simple mistake somewhere else and not on a channel. IDK.

Good luck in sorting it out!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:38 AM
    I know what you are saying but I've never posted on anything except Crackberry forums and my signature just mentions my Z30 and playbook and i have no signature on channels and only made that one joke about a pic. I couldn't even tell you my pin without looking for it. I've never ever looked it up to post. I'm not part of any groups or chat sites or hell anything. I just joined the channels that post funny pics and click thumbs up the odd time when updates post funny ones. I've never had a convo or anything. I've now blocked 87 invites. It's slowing down though. If it wasn't from that one channel comment i made then someone got really lucky guessing my pin then spread it to 87 people lol. I don't know what happened but hope it doesn't happen again.

11-10-14 11:23 AM