How do I start a BBM group my with iOS and android friends and have them enjoy the BBM experience when:

A) they cannot mute said chat

B) when members of the group continues chatting without you, say 50 entries, you have to manually scroll up to see where you last read? And while you do this you read on forward trying to see where you left off and its spoils the flow of the conversation.

Im getting tired of waiting. even crap IM apps have these basic and important features.

They have not used glympse or dropbox once BTW. Its nice to have but the group BBM experience is so so poor. No group video, file, location, glymspe, dropbox, voice message sharing too.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    03-25-14 01:33 PM
    Yes I agree with you! Android is a little better than iOS, but they both have a long way to go!
    03-25-14 01:39 PM
    Totally agree. Hopefully it won't take blackberry too much longer to get the ios and android version's up to par.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-25-14 01:42 PM
    Im sorry, was BBM for android and IOS out for as long as whatsapp or something?? Or is it less than a year old still?? How many updates have we had to BBM?? oh ok… Just checking… BBM is a baby.. do we complain because a baby can't talk?? do we complain because a baby can't walk?? I don't know about you but this baby (bbm) came out the womb walking and is now talking, and by next week it will be running…. give it time… don't complain, go to Blackberry and submit your concerns…
    03-25-14 05:15 PM
    Im sorry, was BBM for android and IOS out for as long as whatsapp or something?? Or is it less than a year old still?? How many updates have we had to BBM?? oh ok� Just checking� BBM is a baby.. do we complain because a baby can't talk?? do we complain because a baby can't walk?? I don't know about you but this baby (bbm) came out the womb walking and is now talking, and by next week it will be running�. give it time� don't complain, go to Blackberry and submit your concerns�
    No, it hasn't been out as long as WhatsApp, age doesn't matter at the Olympics.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:20 PM
    How do I start a BBM group my with iOS and android friends and have them enjoy the BBM experience when:

A) they cannot mute said chat

B) when members of the group continues chatting without you, say 50 entries, you have to manually scroll up to see where you last read? And while you do this you read on forward trying to see where you left off and its spoils the flow of the conversation.

Im getting tired of waiting. even crap IM apps have these basic and important features.

They have not used glympse or dropbox once BTW. Its nice to have but the group BBM experience is so so poor. No group video, file, location, glymspe, dropbox, voice message sharing too.

Next week's update will make you happy about groups

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:28 PM
    Im sorry, was BBM for android and IOS out for as long as whatsapp or something?? Or is it less than a year old still?? How many updates have we had to BBM?? oh ok� Just checking� BBM is a baby.. do we complain because a baby can't talk?? do we complain because a baby can't walk?? I don't know about you but this baby (bbm) came out the womb walking and is now talking, and by next week it will be running�. give it time� don't complain, go to Blackberry and submit your concerns�
    Dude, the features im talking about are fundamentally simple and essential. Mute a chat group and "unread messages" chat thread checkpoint.

Why dont you show me how to submit to blackberry? Im not on the BBM beta list and I dont have a twitter account, and I will never have one.

03-25-14 08:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really hope so!

03-26-14 01:17 AM
    As I've noticed people using bbm on ios or androids seem to be complaining but rim has to keep some features for native devices such as glympse or video chat, as such the version that ios gets will always be an older version

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope they add the 2 features I mentioned above.

BBM groups is almost useless without them.

03-31-14 10:13 AM
    Please Explain - Why BBM on iOS & Android not as Good!-img_20140401_212018.png

How hard is it to add mute group? Picture taken from my whatsapp group.

Mute group works on BlackBerry BBM by going into settings then notification. But it is not an option on iOS and android BBM. If you want to mute the group you would have to turn off sounds for BBM in its entirely. This makes BBM useless to many ios and android users as you can imagine.

How is this little but essential feature not get implemented?

I really dont get it.

04-01-14 08:41 AM
    Please Explain - Why BBM on iOS & Android not as Good!-features.png

This is the second feature I was talking about. Again its nothing fancy, but essential.

Without it you cant make head or tail of an on going continuous conversation within a group.

04-01-14 08:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140401_212018.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	259992

How hard is it to add mute group? Picture taken from my whatsapp group.

Mute group works on BlackBerry BBM by going into settings then notification. But it is not an option on iOS and android BBM. If you want to mute the group you would have to turn off sounds for BBM in its entirely. This makes BBM useless to many ios and android users as you can imagine.

How is this little but essential feature not get implemented?

I really dont get it.

Next update maybe? I see they are constantly updating with features that we asked for so give them a chance and wait for the next update at least ( not todays update)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:52 AM