With this new update, BlackBerry has apparently limited how many timed messages, timed picture messages and message retractions we can use. This sucks. Many people commenting on the update article, on the front page of CrackBerry.com feel the same way. I just can't understand for the users who own a BlackBerry, how is such an update any incentive for us to continue our support??? Sigh.
    rizdragon and FF22 like this.
    04-25-15 05:38 PM
    Paid functions now. Was always the plan. Useless to me so happy to remove the functions.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    jaydee5799 and diegonei like this.
    04-25-15 05:59 PM
    I guess I can't be mad at them for running their business how they see fit. It is, however, a turn off for some (like myself) who love BlackBerry.
    04-25-15 06:11 PM
    Yah, essentially it's a "FU" to BB loyalists. Could always just load the old bar file i guess, but a terrible move by BB. I think the CMO needs to be fired
    bounce007, rizdragon and Omahahaha like this.
    04-25-15 06:13 PM
    Maybe they should have made a "BBM pro" with all the paid features and leave for rest of us with BBM lite/free with simply messages+ groups. I hate this perpetual notifications for some new sticker or subscription ad or whatever.
    I guess I'm one of the few who just use BBM because it used to just get things done, send message see "d" -> "r" and I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:18 PM
    To me BlackBerry surviving and thriving is more important.

I like the new updates. I am actually pleasantly surprised and happy that they have provided 3/month free. Must have done the analysis and found that most casual users fit in this category.

I know I do, so for my purpose nothing has really changed.

A culture has developed of free in mobile. There is no such thing. Everyone pays in one form or other. With BlackBerry at least you can see up front what it is going to cost with no hidden or insidious ways like Google or FB.

Of course those who were using these features a lot will be unhappy.

One other thing: BlackBerry was always upfront when the features came out that they would be free for a limited time only. Like the transparency, again, unlike some other companies.

Personally I am happy with the update. The app is smoother, quicker, also happy with how they have implemented the invite other contacts, UI changes if the contact doesn't have a picture etc.

Edit: and I am a loyalist with having used just about every new BlackBerry starting with 7280 And I don't use whatsapp or any other IM app.

Posted Via The Classic
    04-25-15 06:27 PM
    Who will actually pay for these subscriptions? BlackBerry porsche owners?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    04-25-15 06:33 PM
    Who will actually pay for these subscriptions? BlackBerry porsche owners?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    Same people with custom PINs

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    04-25-15 06:36 PM
    How many can you send for free? Or retract for free?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:45 PM
    But they made that clear from the start. It's not like it was a surprise. I'm surprised that you're surprised.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2726 CB10
    04-25-15 06:58 PM
    But they made that clear from the start. It's not like it was a surprise. I'm surprised that you're surprised.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2726 CB10
    Exactly. The features were given to us to "try out" for three months. They extended the try-out period, but they told us from the start that the features would become part of a subscription package. We should be happy that they gave us a free allotment.
    04-25-15 08:19 PM
    They should have made it free for ppl with BlackBerry devices and paid for Apple and Samsung devices.
    04-25-15 08:21 PM
    Paid subscriptions should not be a problem if you all are said to be loyal. I pay for the Custom Pin And No Adds because I'm Loyal BB user. I would like to see blackberry get back on top. I see a lot of people complaining about these subscriptions. These in fact will help the company make money and i fully support because i want blackberry back on top. Apple users pay ridiculous prices for phones and yet we are here complaining about $1 subscription of an app . Come on Give Blackberry A break... Lets us help them gain traction.
    04-25-15 08:38 PM
    The funny thing is... they didn't tout the trial period as much as they touted the features. Slightly deceptive imo.
    04-25-15 08:39 PM
    Paid subscriptions should not be a problem if you all are said to be loyal. I pay for the Custom Pin And No Adds because I'm Loyal BB user. I would like to see blackberry get back on top. I see a lot of people complaining about these subscriptions. These in fact will help the company make money and i fully support because i want blackberry back on top. Apple users pay ridiculous prices for phones and yet we are here complaining about $1 subscription of an app . Come on Give Blackberry A break... Lets us help them gain traction.
    This type of thing, my friend, will not get BlackBerry back on top. Sadly.
    FF22 and FCSC like this.
    04-25-15 08:41 PM
    Every massaging app has paid features these days. Use LINE, Path, Viber, etc, and you will see. Love BBM and Channels.

BBM Channel C0001F285
    04-25-15 08:44 PM
    This type of thing, my friend, will not get BlackBerry back on top. Sadly.
    You never know, but its a start to gain revenue somehow... We need to stay positive.
    bounce007 and gokulesh like this.
    04-25-15 08:48 PM
    You guys are too spoiled.

Wake up, nothing is free

If they don't charge for these premium features, they have to charge somewhere else.

I'm happy to pay for something that I like!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:51 PM
    You guys are too spoiled.

Wake up, nothing is free

If they don't charge for these premium features, they have to charge somewhere else.

I'm happy to pay for something that I like!

Posted via CB10
    This!! ^^

BBM Channel C0001F285
    04-25-15 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry will continue until some of us take our 'spoiled' behinds elsewhere.

EDIT: Wait... that's already happening (or has already happened)
    1magine likes this.
    04-25-15 08:57 PM
    I'm loyal to a friend, family member, spouse not any company. Doesn't bother me if they charge for it because I don't really care about it and I don't have loyalty to any company. I will stick with one if they produce things that are good and that I like but loyal to a company just because they make money off of me? To each their own.
    04-25-15 09:03 PM
    Well then this thread should not say loyalists... Users would be more appropriate. Sad to see what these so call loyalists have to say. Soon everyone will realise their mistakes. But Blackberry will welcome everyone back with open arms.
    04-25-15 09:06 PM
    I'm loyal to a friend, family member, spouse not any company. Doesn't bother me if they charge for it because I don't really care about it and I don't have loyalty to any company. I will stick with one if they produce things that are good and that I like but loyal to a company just because they make money off of me? To each their own.
    Fanatic might be a more apposite term then. I just don't like calling myself that because it makes me seem so... so... so credulous. Lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-25-15 09:07 PM
    I gladly pay for my custom pin as it's good for my brand. All messaging apps are similar with paid features. The others are throwing notifications in your face left and right. BBM is easy on us with all that.

BBM Channel C0001F285
    04-25-15 09:08 PM
    I understand what your saying. I lived without all these new features for years using bbm. I will just continue to.
    04-25-15 09:25 PM
139 123 ...