At least you know you've got a back then right! lol
    Not anymore since I did a request to delete my info. I do my own backups and I don't wish to support companies making money directly from contact information...

Posted via CB10
    m3ach and -Puck- like this.
    04-27-15 04:07 PM
    Just an FYI, The BBM latest version 10.8.6.15 is now on BBW as an update but doesn't show as an update until you click on open from the installed list. Weird but seen it before. Anyway this is the latest and just out of beta (last week). Fixed older issues and much nicer compared to a few versions before and the issues with 10.8.5.15.
    kadakn01 and NRB like this.
    04-27-15 05:07 PM
    Just an FYI, The BBM latest version 10.8.6.15 is now on BBW as an update but doesn't show as an update until you click on open from the installed list. Weird but seen it before. Anyway this is the latest and just out of beta (last week). Fixed older issues and much nicer compared to a few versions before and the issues with 10.8.5.15.
    Thanks for the info.

Not showing for me. Have updated the apps world but nothing.

Guess will be to wait a little longer. Happy that BlackBerry is addressing the issues so quickly.

Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2726/CB10
    04-27-15 05:54 PM
    Seriously, updates are supposed to increase functionality. IMHO not being able to see if a contact is available is a lost of functionality. Please bring back this 'feature' of color coding (green = on line, grey = off line) for contact availability.
    04-30-15 12:09 PM
    Seriously, updates are supposed to increase functionality. IMHO not being able to see if a contact is available is a lost of functionality. Please bring back this 'feature' of color coding (green = on line, grey = off line) for contact availability.
    I don't recall ever having that feature in BBM 10. Is this a bbos thing?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the info.

Not showing for me. Have updated the apps world but nothing.

Guess will be to wait a little longer. Happy that BlackBerry is addressing the issues so quickly.

Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2726/CB10
    Go to installed, tap on BBM then it will show the update button.
    04-30-15 01:37 PM
    I don't recall ever having that feature in BBM 10. Is this a bbos thing?

Posted via CB10
    No Dave, we always had that feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 02:51 PM
    Well, let me throw in my two cents.

(1) I am *sick to my stomach* of all these incessant "improvements." Over the years, the Messenger has gotten more bloated and laden with features that appeal to a very limited subset of its users. I'm not saying there's no market for the stickers, timed this, retracted that, etc. But there are those of us who want the Messenger merely to send a simple message (including multimedia), receive indication it's been delivered, then read, then *end of story*! So I find very attractive one user's idea that BlackBerry just section off the "advanced" features into a whole new supped-up paid-for app for those who're into that, and leave a free, lean, stripped-down version for the rest of us. Of course, that won't happen because extremely few would take up the subscription version; I'm sure some users subscribe because of the unremitting nagging, such as the unsolicited sticker store updates.

(2) BlackBerry needs to start doing beta testing on a high quantity of *representative* users. There was the shove-stickers-down-our-throats fiasco at the beginning of the year. Remember: Some moron figured that tapping the emoticons icon should bring up those silly stickers rather than...gasp...emoticons! Now there's this debacle with the BBV icon being always green, regardless of whether the user is actually available. As someone remarked, it's as if they've five-year-old kid tinkering with this dreck. First it was green/gray, then they changed the size, then it was only gray, now it's only green and there are two buttons. I mean, give me a break.

(3) I like BlackBerry, but too many mistakes are being made. The updates screw up as many things as they solve. My email accounts stop working if I go through an area where I change a few WiFi networks quickly (which is *daily*), and I have to reenter the passwords each time that happens. (That started with an O.S. "improvement" back in February.) I now leave the phone at home instead. The browser is slow as s***. Typing in the title of a website I visited minutes ago filters through the history at a snail's pace, and it takes a half a minute for the website I need to be found so I can open it. My phone spontaneously restart every now and again, and I lose the websites I had open. Would it be so difficult to implement a crash-recovery mechanism in the browser?

It has now gotten to a point where I stick with the BlackBerry *ONLY* because it's the only phone with a physical keyboard. BlackBerry had better hope a Windows phone with a keyboard is not released, because I'll defect in a heartbeat.

Also, the sole reason I use the Messenger are the emoticons. The emoticons on WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. SUCK.

The saddest thing is that I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for a decade. Went through a dozen handsets. And yet, I'd now leave not because others attract me but because BlackBerry has alienated me.

Fail, guys. Fail.
    05-01-15 09:31 PM
    All these improvements and I still can't send a long-ish video over bbm. The original imessage, yet with imessage you can send videos all day. Long or short. That really annoys me
    extisis, Thesmartmale and donemt like this.
    05-02-15 01:06 AM
    I agree, if they wanted to add stickers then make a separate BBM called "BBM for kids"

I have no problem with the rest of the features but it's 2015 and we still can't send videos, I mean why can't they give us a feature that makes us take low resolution videos to be easily send? And why isn't there a video call?

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    05-02-15 08:17 PM
    Which version of BBM are you using? How come you are not able to send videos?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:57 PM
    I can but not long ones. Anything over like 8 seconds is too long apparently
    05-03-15 12:57 AM
    What I do is out it in dropbox & share the link. I agree this is a stupid way for short video but it's a work around. Wish that BlackBerry be more modern with its data allowance for its users.

Otherwise let the app zip, send & automatically unzip a file for us.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:15 AM
    They should have made it free for ppl with BlackBerry devices and paid for Apple and Samsung devices.
    Agree 100%

Posted via CB10
    donemt and velkod like this.
    05-03-15 03:48 AM
    Get over it!

Being loyal to a commercial brand is a personal choice and a questionable one at best. BlackBerry is a company: it is here to make profit. It doesn't love you and if anything it wants to bleed you dry.

Why would you want to be loyal to a company you don't work in? You won't miss anything if a model is badly manufactured and you decides to jump ship then come back when a newer one is more usable. Nor should you feel like you have to stay with BlackBerry out of brand loyalty and gives them false impression that their products are accepted by the public.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bounce007 likes this.
    05-03-15 03:59 AM
    I agree, if they wanted to add stickers then make a separate BBM called "BBM for kids"

I have no problem with the rest of the features but it's 2015 and we still can't send videos, I mean why can't they give us a feature that makes us take low resolution videos to be easily send? And why isn't there a video call?

Posted via CB10
    Just to be fair, they probably anticipated the double type defect would get out of hand and give users the option to send adorable stickers to bosses and clients as a way of expressing themselves once the keyboard broken down. It will also appeal to clients who are furries. This is a very useful feature especially if you are an owner of a club centered around a certain fetish, the boyfriend of Miley Cyrus, your boss is 4 year old and inherited the company after his parents were shot in an alley, you work in a mafia and your main client is the Joker or even if you have absolutely no grasp of any language and you normally communicate through cave drawings. BlackBerry is unlike Samsung and Apple, it is considerate enough to think about all these specific cases.

05-03-15 04:10 AM
    Just to be fair, they probably anticipated the double type defect would get out of hand and give users the option to send adorable stickers to bosses and clients as a way of expressing themselves once the keyboard broken down. It will also appeal to clients who are furries. This is a very useful feature especially if you are an owner of a club centered around a certain fetish, the boyfriend of Miley Cyrus, your boss is 4 year old and inherited the company after his parents were shot in an alley, you work in a mafia and your main client is the Joker or even if you have absolutely no grasp of any language and you normally communicate through cave drawings. BlackBerry is unlike Samsung and Apple, it is considerate enough to think about all these specific cases.

Oh, that's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:52 AM
    Get over it!

Being loyal to a commercial brand is a personal choice and a questionable one at best. BlackBerry is a company: it is here to make profit. It doesn't love you and if anything it wants to bleed you dry.

Why would you want to be loyal to a company you don't work in? You won't miss anything if a model is badly manufactured and you decides to jump ship then come back when a newer one is more usable. Nor should you feel like you have to stay with BlackBerry out of brand loyalty and gives them false impression that their products are accepted by the public.

A comment like this is hard to stomach but you are 100% right.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:05 AM
    The company needs to make money, it's no secret they are trying to built services around BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:22 AM
    I'm yet to see this update

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 01:49 AM
    You apparently have to have 10.3.2.500 on your phone to get it. I've had it since I posted on this thread..
    05-07-15 04:54 PM
    Does the msg retraction limit reset after a set amount of time?

I tested it out and was able to send two in a row, if it resets every 24 hrs or something that will be fine for me since I only use it once every few days. If its just two uses and you're done forever then I will just get the sub...its only like 3 cents per day.
    05-07-15 10:35 PM
    Paid subscriptions should not be a problem if you all are said to be loyal. I pay for the Custom Pin And No Adds because I'm Loyal BB user. I would like to see blackberry get back on top. I see a lot of people complaining about these subscriptions. These in fact will help the company make money and i fully support because i want blackberry back on top. Apple users pay ridiculous prices for phones and yet we are here complaining about $1 subscription of an app . Come on Give Blackberry A break... Lets us help them gain traction.
    Well, I consider myself a 'loyal BlackBerry user', but BlackBerry aren't the Red Cross or some other charitable organisation. I personally think they'd be wiser to keep it full of great, attractive features, and grow the darn user base. Of course they have a right to do what they like, but I do think it's foolish.

PS - Chen is always right!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:02 AM
    It's free on Skype. And Skype is on computers. Sooo, why would I use BBM?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:31 PM
    2BF2ECA5 you know what to do

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 10:23 AM
139 ... 3456