I pulled them to bbm and after 1 month everybody want whatapp back... whyyyy???????

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 05:06 PM
    Why are you asking this question here instead of asking your work group colleagues?
    rizdragon likes this.
    09-19-14 05:08 PM
    Can't reach cause they're on WhatsApp and he's on BBM!
    You need to ask them how many of the out-of-workgroup contacts are on BBM cause if the answer is not many/none than its easier them to go to WhatsApp for consolidation than to continue using BBM for the workgroup.
    09-19-14 05:13 PM
    I pulled them to bbm and after 1 month everybody want whatapp back... whyyyy???????

Posted via CB10
    I'll tell you why my friends are fed up with BBM and going back to WhatsApp, BlackBerry are you listening? OK here goes.
    1. No real document, file or media sharing on BBM Groups, at least not how it works on individual chats and how it works on WhatsApp. They find the Multi-person vs. Group Chats confusing and unnecessary. Choose one BlackBerry and make it good! Meaning give it all the same options as on individual chats.
    2. BUGGY! Too many Bugs on all platforms! Notifications on anything other than BlackBerry devices are **** poor. And sometimes even on BlackBerry, they don't work well. Not the case with BBM on Legacy devices. And don't get me started on the Windows version. Update those guys to 2.0 already!

Lastly, BlackBerry should capitalize on the fact that it has some cool features WhatsApp doesn't have, like better privacy, BBM Channels, Glympse and showing the song your listening to on your Status Bar. BlackBerry, if you would only add features that can compete with WhatsApp, and fix the bugs, you would have a competition! Add Video chat to. All platforms and you'd have a WINNER!

Listen, I know this costs money and manpower to do, I'm not naive but adding stickers and backgrounds when you haven't got some of the basics down is not the smartest of moves.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:32 AM
    Read the new terms of service of Whatsapp..understand what Facebook now has access to on your device. Your group may be surprised!
    09-20-14 11:35 AM
    Read the new terms of service of Whatsapp..understand what Facebook now has access to on your device. Your group may be surprised!
    This, is why I will never go back to WhatsApp. The fact that I had to pay, even if only a dollar a year for an app that is no better than the tens of apps out there that are free was the first issue. But once I found out Facebook bought them it was fame over for me. Never going back to WhatsApp, unfortunately that argument hasn't seemed to work for my group of friends and pretty soon I will be sitting in BBM with no friends once more. BlackBerry needs to really work on some of the things I mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-20-14 11:47 AM
    Work groups on Whatsapp instead than on BBM trade security for ease of use. Right now WA is more intuitive than BBM and overall gives to groups a faster and more productive experience.

I don't know anyone who uses the bbm calendar, because companies rely on their mail-based ones.

We use WA at work, and it pains me to say that at the moment is better than BBM, especially for my iPhone equipped colleagues.
    Last edited by johnnyhead; 09-23-14 at 02:09 AM.
    09-22-14 05:23 PM
    Glimpse is such an awesome feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:42 AM
    Work groups on Whatsapp instead than on BBM trade security for ease of use. Right now WA is more intuitive than BBM and overall gives to groups a faster and more productive experience.

I don't know anyone who uses the bbm calendar, because companies rely on their mail-based ones.

We use WA at work, and it pains me to say that at the moment is better than BBM, especially for my iPhone equipped colleagues.
    Agreed. Just lost 4 friends to Whatsapp today, left with 3 now. Its astonishing how slow BlackBerry is updating BBM with the features necessary to compete with Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:54 AM
    Saw the same thing happen with some of my friends.
    For some reason, BBM is still not as stable as WhatsApp is, which can be very critical if issues occur at the wrong time. This is a major problem that BlackBerry should address, if they want to be the business phone and service provider they claim to be.
    And the Windows Phone version is horrible - I can confirm that! A friend of mine tried BBM on his WP which caused oder participants to crash the application and so on. This is not acceptable.

So once again. BBM is a great application but please, try to get things right from the start, even if it means extensive testing and a longer beta phase. And I expect BBM to run perfectly between BlackBerry phone clients, no matter if legacy or BB10. We are using our phones with a strong focus on communication, so we want those tools to work.
    09-27-14 05:25 PM
    Interesting points, cross platform bbm only recent though, give them time.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 05:32 PM
    From what I experienced, it's reliable with my android friends, but it's really not with iOS. Most of the time when I send a message it's not marked as delivered, just the check mark, and they are not receiving it until they open the app again on their phone.
    09-27-14 08:39 PM
    Interesting points, cross platform bbm only recent though, give them time.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Uhmmm.... XBBM is out for a year now.

Absolutely no excuse for BLACKBERRY not having resolved the cross platform issues by now.

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    09-27-14 09:39 PM