Hello!

So my gf surprised me today by essentially reading off a list of all my phone contacts and asking who certain ladies were and why I have massage parlors saved. Despite being a frequent customer to aformentioned parlors, I am NOT relaxed after this! She and I are each other's only BBM contacts. I have a Z10 and she has a Samsung GS3. Apparently, her BBM suggested a ton of my contacts from my phone, NOT my BBM friends, (I only have her as a BBM contact) my actual PHONE contacts. Anyone have any idea why this occurred? How can I disable this "snoopability?"
    04-03-14 05:29 PM
    Wow, that's not good!
    I don't recall hearing of this issue before either, but I haven't done any searching.
    04-03-14 05:56 PM
    Possibility 1) Change your password on your phone, or put one on it. That will 'disable' your girlfriend from secretly looking through your phone contacts and blaming BBM again if that's what's happened.

Possibility 2) Do you share any mail accounts by having them on both your phones? Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Or similar? When you add a contact to a BB10 phone it can be sent to the Contacts lists of all your added mail accounts too. If you both share a mail account those Contacts will sync down to her phone too, and BBM could then suggest them to her as possible BBM Contacts to add.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    madcat72 likes this.
    04-03-14 05:59 PM
    That really weird, I just check my BBM Settings and can't find anything that would make me thing that I would automatically be sharing my contacts. I would be interested to see if anyone has an answer for this.

I think Whatsapp has something like that, but not BBM.
    04-03-14 06:01 PM
    Possibility 1) Change your password on your phone, or put one on it. That will 'disable' your girlfriend from secretly looking through your phone contacts and blaming BBM again if that's what's happened.

Possibility 2) Do you share any mail accounts by having them on both your phones? Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Or similar? When you add a contact to a BB10 phone it can be sent to the Contacts lists of all your added mail accounts too. If you both share a mail account those Contacts will sync down to her phone too, and BBM could then suggest them to her as possible BBM Contacts to add.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Good post, that makes more sense to me.
    04-03-14 06:03 PM
    Rather scary, period. I hope what the person posted earlier was more than likely the cause.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:06 PM