One of the most important features is being notified about new messages inside the chat, having a marker separating the old messages from the unread messages and notifying us about them. This is really needed and would come in handy. I don't know why one of the most important feature has not been implemented within the app yet. Not to mention the ability to show/remove display names in the chat and customising the background with our own wallpapers. Small changes are important too. BlackBerry should stop making new silly paid features while they don't even work on improving what was already there!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hannahayek; 08-30-15 at 05:37 AM.
    GEO1ER likes this.
    08-26-15 09:47 AM
    Isn't it obvious which messages are new? Which messenger app does this?
    The background, customizing doesn't seem important as a feature
    You can use private chat to hide names

I agree about the paid features being stupid though I never use them enough so I'm not concerned.

The only important thing is cross platform video with screen share. Which we are never going to have apparently.
    08-26-15 09:58 AM
    Isn't it obvious which messages are new? Which messenger app does this?
    The background, customizing doesn't seem important as a feature
    You can use private chat to hide names

I agree about the paid features being stupid though I never use them enough so I'm not concerned.

The only important thing is cross platform video with screen share. Which we are never going to have apparently.
    No the new messages are not obvious. I get a few thousand messages a day so it's difficult to know where I left off earlier.

Nobody uses private chats, it's too expensive.

I tend to agree with you that video chat is also very important. I also think that we should also be able to do a voice calls on edge or 2G just like WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 11:02 AM
    The feature I want to see the most is the option to always send/receive high-res images.

If I set up my BBM to always accept high-res images and the sender sets theirs to always send high-res images it would make life much easier.

Who really wants the low-res version of an image?

That and increase the resolution of the portrait picture.

I get it, not everyone has amazing data plans but its 2015 for Christ sake.

~TheRealFixxxer
    08-28-15 03:45 AM
    No the new messages are not obvious. I get a few thousand messages a day so it's difficult to know where I left off earlier.

I tend to agree with you that video chat is also very important. I also think that we should also be able to do a voice calls on edge or 2G just like WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    The message which has orange dot indicator at the beginning of the line is new. When you read and reply, it turns grey.

Posted via CB10
    juacas, WWBlondieDo and pbeasley like this.
    08-28-15 06:43 AM
    Disagree---99 cents monthly is ok as the" Privacy and Control " package as it also has message retract and edit of sent messages along with timed messages (all cool features.)

BB, Still the One
    08-28-15 05:41 PM
    I agree with the OP. In a group of 30 people, where there are various chats, it's really hard to know what I've missed or read up to last.
    If Whatsapp can do it, why can't BBM can.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-28-15 05:45 PM
    I agree with the OP. In a group of 30 people, where there are various chats, it's really hard to know what I've missed or read up to last.
    If Whatsapp can do it, why can't BBM can.

If BlackBerry is switching to android and seeking lot of new customers for BBM, they have to fix this. Whatsapp users won't switch to BBM if it can't show which messages are new, because of what's said above.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 10:39 AM
    The message which has orange dot indicator at the beginning of the line is new. When you read and reply, it turns grey.

Posted via CB10
    Just checked, no orange dots when I opened my BBM Group Chat every message has a grey dot next to it & I just received a few messages in that group chat a minute ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 03:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use private chats all the time. It's only $.99 a month.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    miker476 likes this.
    08-31-15 12:41 AM
    I use private chats all the time. It's only $.99 a month.

Can't afford Private chat it's too expensive from where I am. I will also be outcasts as my contacts are so against spending money on BBM too.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree it is important to know where you left off and Whatsapp has this feature it's great and is just one of the many basic features that BBM is missing including Cross-platform video chat. Like for example the fact that you can't share files, location, video or voice notes in Group Chats. I used to be on the forums all the time voicing how important it is for BBM to incorporate these features, but it didn't make a difference so I just gave up.

Posted via CB10
    hannahayek likes this.
    08-31-15 02:47 PM
    Who really wants the low-res version of an image?
    The only situation I can see it being of use is if you're out of the country and want to send someone an image on the local cell network.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    08-31-15 02:52 PM
    Op. I've mentioned this a million times already so I feel you!

I don't know why BlackBerry can't get their act together on this.

Load chats at oldest unread message. Why is this so difficult!

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-31-15 02:56 PM
    Just checked, no orange dots when I opened my BBM Group Chat every message has a grey dot next to it & I just received a few messages in that group chat a minute ago.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. I double checked again. The orange dot only works in individual chat. In Group chat it's always grey. BBM should fix this.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 12:21 AM
    The only situation I can see it being of use is if you're out of the country and want to send someone an image on the local cell network.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    That's pretty much the only time.

But being able to select would be nice and not be forced.

~TheRealFixxxer
    09-01-15 11:23 AM
    Disagree---99 cents monthly is ok as the" Privacy and Control " package as it also has message retract and edit of sent messages along with timed messages (all cool features.)

BB, Still the One
    I agree to disagree like you, I have this subscription and even subscribed to BBM Protected.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-01-15 12:00 PM
    One of the most important features is being notified about new messages inside the chat, having a marker separating the old messages from the unread messages and notifying us about them. This is really needed and would come in handy. I don't know why one of the most important feature has not been implemented within the app yet. Not to mention the ability to show/remove display names in the chat and customising the background with our own wallpapers. Small changes are important too. BlackBerry should stop making new silly paid features while they don't even work on improving what was already there!

Posted via CB10
    Agree that it would be useful to add these features. Also think that subscriptions are not the best option. Even if users on BlackBerry purchase the subscriptions it will be difficult to convince users on other platforms. Especially because they have apps that do more or less the same without any cost.

Have a set of suggestions that may or may not be useful.

- Protected as encryption standard of BBM
    - Cross video platform
    - Multiple login
    - Multiple profiles including configurable timeline,including different views(e.g. family, work)
    - Self destructed messages with an option to make it default (on/off)
    - Option to turn on/off R&D
    - Share files, location, video, voice notes on group chats
    - Ability to add phone number if desired by the user
    - Calls on 2G
    - Add a basic DB/excel where users in a group can check/uncheck table with attendance, events, etc. This DBwould be visible and editable by members of the group
    - Channel notification on locked screen should have channel icon and not bbm message icon
    - High resolution of portrait picture
    - Moments (share moments/images with friends and allow for interaction) /share to twitter, instagram
    - Use Timeline to share texts, photos, videos, stickers with friends or group offriends
    - Create/record Videos from within BBM
    - Add friends by location
    - Ability to make posts/images, visible/invisible, to everyone, followers or groups
    - Automatic deletion of users after 6 months, unless user suspends account

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:07 PM
    IMHO, the quality of the initial low-res pic should be at least as good as that received in a standard TXT (MMS) message. Then HD if requested.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:32 PM
    IMHO, the quality of the initial low-res pic should be at least as good as that received in a standard TXT (MMS) message. Then HD if requested.

Posted via CB10
    I think the initial low resolution picture quality is already decent and if you like the picture then you can request for an HD copy which this feature is already available.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-02-15 07:58 AM
    I think the initial low resolution picture quality is already decent and if you like the picture then you can request for an HD copy which this feature is already available.

Okay, so we disagree about that. The initial quality is awful. Some family I send pictures to like to share them with other family, or share them on Facebook. The pics are way to compressed. They would have to be requesting HD all the time, which is overkill in the OTHER direction. BBM photo attachments are compressed a lot more than any other messaging system I have seen. It's one (of a couple) nuisance that keep me from even recommending BBM to many people. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    hannahayek likes this.
    09-02-15 08:06 AM
    Also the initial picture, if has a text in it, it looks ridiculous.

09-02-15 08:09 AM
    I really don't understand how you guys are having an actual conversation about subscriptions that cost $.99...

09-04-15 10:18 AM
    I'm also disappointed that BBM video chat is $12.50/Month.

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 likes this.
    09-06-15 10:39 PM
    I'm also disappointed that BBM video chat is $12.50/Month.

Posted via CB10
    Wait, why in the world do you have to pay for video chat?

09-10-15 06:53 AM
31 12