I feel sure there is potential to build the BlackBerry user base in South Africa. Perhaps they are but I don't see it. I see taxis with WeChat livery like rolling billboards and WeChat guy advertising on TV. I see a travel program on TV sponsored by Nokia Lumia but I don't see BlackBerry or BBM being promoted anywhere except a poster or two in a shopping mall. I wonder if I've bought the wrong phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:01 AM
    I don't see any advert for BlackBerry here in New Zealand at all!
    11-10-13 02:28 AM
    I feel sure there is potential to build the BlackBerry user base in South Africa. Perhaps they are but I don't see it. I see taxis with WeChat livery like rolling billboards and WeChat guy advertising on TV. I see a travel program on TV sponsored by Nokia Lumia but I don't see BlackBerry or BBM being promoted anywhere except a poster or two in a shopping mall. I wonder if I've bought the wrong phone?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've noticed the same thing in South Africa too.
    11-10-13 07:37 AM
    I wonder if I've bought the wrong phone?
    What do you care how much they advertise? I mean, I agree the situation is bad, and they really don't promote themselves as much as they should. But if you're happy with your purchase, what do you care?
    11-13-13 08:20 AM
    What do you care how much they advertise? I mean, I agree the situation is bad, and they really don't promote themselves as much as they should. But if you're happy with your purchase, what do you care?
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Z10
    11-14-13 10:37 PM
    I don't even see BlackBerry ads ever here in Canada. Maybe the odd Telus commercial but hardly ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:12 PM
    There seems to be a really big problem with advertising there in the HQ at Waterloo
    It looks like everyone in top management or the marketing department thinks that there's just no need to do almost no marketing

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:32 PM